corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The UFC thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The UFC thread
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he was an arrogant twat at the press conference for 107, but I think as soon as he takes cheick to the ground it's practically over, mir is unbeleivable on the ground. Like you I can't wait for Penn V Sanchez, I think it will be non stop for 4-5 rounds, maybe similar to the Sanchez V Guida fight in terms of action/pace.
J4M13

11th Dec 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not too sure if it will be as fast paced as the Sanchez/Guida fight, just for the reason that i doubt Sanchez will want to end up in BJ's rubber gaurd as everyone knows hes awesome on the ground. I think BJ's gunna try and get it to the ground but still if it stays on the feet it will still make for a great fight as both guys have very good stand up. I still think alot of people underestimate BJ's boxing skill.
Also with Kongo/Mir, im gunna say(and hope for ) a 2nd rd KO by Kongo

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by J4M13]
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watching the weigh-ins on UFC.com from yesterday, some bad blood between Mir and kongo starts at 3am aswell.
Hammer

12th Dec 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My money's on Mir to destroy Kongo, his ground game is non-existant.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kongo wouldn't even look at Mir, should be a good fight.

J4M13

12th Dec 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

To be honest, if it ends up on the ground with Kongo in Mir's gaurd then Mir is in for quite a beating from Kongo's viscious GnP. I really hope Mir gets owned in this fight, hes a twat.
Hammer

12th Dec 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
quote:

To be honest, if it ends up on the ground with Kongo in Mir's gaurd then Mir is in for quite a beating from Kongo's viscious GnP. I really hope Mir gets owned in this fight, hes a twat.

If it end's up on the ground it'll be through Mir taking Kongo there because Kongo won't want to go anywhere near the mat with him, he'll submit him with ease.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Online streaming for tonights event as always is on Sopcast;

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/24267

Old fights are now streaming and will be all day, I just watched the Griffin Guida fight from Belfast again, can't wait for guidas fight tonight.
J4M13

12th Dec 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodjy box and free ESPN for me
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer

12th Dec 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dodjy box and free ESPN for me

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 04:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, Kongo got owned
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 05:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BJ...wow, amazing performance, that kick opened him up bad
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 05:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guida let me down on the accumulator
Hammer

13th Dec 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Penn is untouchable at lightweight, there is no one in his league.
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, I thought sanchez would give him a good fight but thne he very nearly ended the fight within the first 30 seconds, unbeleivable performance.
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next up is UFC 108 on Saturday the 2nd of January

Rashad Evans V Thiago Silva
Joe Lauzon V Sam Stout
Paul Daley V Dustin Hazelett
Tyson Griffin V Jim Miller
Sean Sherk V Rafaello Oliveira
Cole Miller V Dan Lauzon
Martin Kampmann V Rory Markham
Vladimir Matyushenko V Steve Cantwell
Mark Munoz V Ryan Jensen
Mike Pyle V Jake Ellenberger

Also, legendary stongman Marius Pudzianowski has moved over to MMA, I wonder if Dana will get him a heavyweight fight in the UFC ?
J4M13

14th Dec 09 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Also, legendary stongman Marius Pudzianowski has moved over to MMA, I wonder if Dana will get him a heavyweight fight in the UFC ?

I doubt it yet as his fight was terrible, he did win though within the first minute. His leg kicks are hilarious but he certainly has quite abit of power behind those tree trunks
J4M13

14th Dec 09 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also an interesting fact about the BJ fight, BJ landed 180 strikes whereas Sanchez only landed 8

[Edited on 14-12-2009 by J4M13]
Hammer

14th Dec 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Love Pudzianowski He will be a weapon with the right amount of work. Someone that ill be able to man handle Lesnar
Hammer

14th Dec 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I doubt it yet as his fight was terrible, he did win though within the first minute. His leg kicks are hilarious but he certainly has quite abit of power behind those tree trunks

Fuck me gently, his first fight was terrible? He was lifting a heavyweight boxer in the air with his kicks That was brutal.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Dec 09 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Them kicks were brutal! with a good camp behind him there's no reason for him not to do really well, there's only myabe 1 or 2 people that are worth getting in with Lesnar atm.
J4M13

15th Dec 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Fuck me gently, his first fight was terrible? He was lifting a heavyweight boxer in the air with his kicks That was brutal.

Terrible yes, was just rush and smash which everyone expected from him but it got him a win so meh. But saying that, i know its only his first 1st so obviously he will get better with experience. The leg kicks were funny like i said, but very powerful. I wonder what he would be like on the ground(if anyone can take the big bastard down )
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Dec 09 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhKtppjsMac

DannyB
Premium Member

18th Dec 09 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.cagepotato.com/greatest-mma-photos-2009

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The UFC thread 23 database queries in 0.2569671 seconds