corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 16v throttle bodied Engine..

Combe Tickets


New Topic

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author 2.0 16v throttle bodied Engine..
Nic Barnes
Member

Registered: 5th Apr 04
Location: nowhere near ginger people
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14.6 on super sliders and g-max suspension with full interior was my best on a std engine.
Daimo B
Member

Registered: 20th Mar 00
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres some bitching going on here Usual CS service resumed...

Nic, you say 14.6 with full interior, but wasn't AK's best 14.6 with no interior, half a dash etc? Does that mean he's a rubbish driver?

I think people are fogetting that none of these engines are new, some will have had hard lives, some easy lifes, I don't really think anyone can comment about good or bad drivers when the engines will be so different

Im a really really crap driver but with my 2.0 engine in only a few weeks previous, at 1.02 tonnes, i done 3 runs on a very hot PVS day..

15.23
15.21
15.27

All between 90-92mph terminals.

Does that mean im a terrible driver in the world of CS now, as as far as I can see, those times are very VERY consistant for only 3 runs.. Damn my rubbish right foot, nothing to do with how the car/engine was at all

RE a 200bhp engine, its all well and good, but if you really want a track/toy corsa, the engine is the last thing you want to do. I don't know why people go for power power power as its the corners that make up the speed of the car. If you want straightline speed, you just get a turbo put in instead......

For me, if i was doing a track corsa, i'd spend all my money on suspension, brakes, close ratio gearbox, lighter flywheel, LSD etc.. Strip the car out, get the suspension properly setup, then if i had any money left, THEN i'd go tuning the engine.

You can run a set of TB easily enough, TB's kit, rod bolts, mild cams (so no pocketted pistons needed), an oil cooler, exhaust manifold, enclosed air filter, and some money setting it all up. Will see around 170-190bhp, 160-170lb ft, in a car thats already had the proper work setup. It might be able to use the power then.

If you just want motorway/street races and playing, just put a turbo in and brake hard for bends

Otherwise, use a better base of a car to start with imo.
smcGSI16V
Member

Registered: 26th May 03
Location: Farnborough Drives: Thurlby 888 CDTi No.98
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

RE a 200bhp engine, its all well and good, but if you really want a track/toy corsa, the engine is the last thing you want to do. I don't know why people go for power power power as its the corners that make up the speed of the car. If you want straightline speed, you just get a turbo put in instead......

For me, if i was doing a track corsa, i'd spend all my money on suspension, brakes, close ratio gearbox, lighter flywheel, LSD etc.. Strip the car out, get the suspension properly setup, then if i had any money left, THEN i'd go tuning the engine.

You can run a set of TB easily enough, TB's kit, rod bolts, mild cams (so no pocketted pistons needed), an oil cooler, exhaust manifold, enclosed air filter, and some money setting it all up. Will see around 170-190bhp, 160-170lb ft, in a car thats already had the proper work setup. It might be able to use the power then.

If you just want motorway/street races and playing, just put a turbo in and brake hard for bends

Otherwise, use a better base of a car to start with imo.


this man speaks sense.
Nic Barnes
Member

Registered: 5th Apr 04
Location: nowhere near ginger people
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Nic, you say 14.6 with full interior, but wasn't AK's best 14.6 with no interior, half a dash etc? Does that mean he's a rubbish driver?



no just means my engine was healthy
Fad
Member

Registered: 1st Feb 01
Location: Dartford Kent Drives: 330cd
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or crail is downhill basically
Corsa_Sport21
Member

Registered: 13th Apr 08
Location: Leven, Fife. Drives : 205 GTi
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crail 1/4mile isnt the best.Headwinds can be a pisser at time.
AK
Member

Registered: 5th Jul 00
Location: Aberdeen City
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa did a 14.4 on road tyres, with some trim, and a full cage....

13.7 i think fully stripped, on 048R's and about 190bhp
Nic Barnes
Member

Registered: 5th Apr 04
Location: nowhere near ginger people
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Or crail is downhill basically


absolute lies from someone who has never been there. compared to pod's pva glued to fuck strip?
tb16v
Member

Registered: 29th Jul 08
Location: Hertfordshire
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to you topic danny, yes there is places such as QED SBD and probly many more that sell throttle body kits. Sounds like your going in the right direction if you want a well spec'd track car! Main things as have been said, light weight shell, some good suspension and brake set up, some good seats and cage preferably, and if your wanting 200bhp then may be looking at well spec'd xe! cams, headwork, tb's, managment, and a nice manifold and system. Advise an lsd and some good mounts also. List could go on
philip2
Member

Registered: 1st Oct 06
Location: n.wales/chester
User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats budget for motor? could spec sumthing for you
Daimo B
Member

Registered: 20th Mar 00
User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
absoluteTRUTH from someone who has never been there (but watch many many videos). compared to pod's pva glued to fuck strip which is an official drag strip for proper drag racing events and not just an airfield with some tarmac? Of which i've never been to either


Corrected - Prod..


[Edited on 23-11-2009 by VXR]
AK
Member

Registered: 5th Jul 00
Location: Aberdeen City
User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote


As you say it is an UNPREPPED AIRSTRIP.... no grip!

the same cars run faster at 'the pod' compared to when they run at crail.

Daimo B
Member

Registered: 20th Mar 00
User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Downhill brings the advantage back.

tbh, i've never been to the pod that hasn't had an on-coming wind either

Here nor there though, clearly us southerners cannot drive at all.....
Nic Barnes
Member

Registered: 5th Apr 04
Location: nowhere near ginger people
User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Downhill brings the advantage back.

tbh, i've never been to the pod that hasn't had an on-coming wind either

Here nor there though, clearly us southerners cannot drive at all.....


the problem vxr is that you are mislead at crail to believe, from watching these videos you claim that it is completely downhill. the reason you are misslead into making pointless statements is the sea is in the background. this causes people to assume that its downhill. where in actual fact the first half of it is actually up hill.

then again, ive been there, so any of my comments cant be true compared to people who know best.
AK
Member

Registered: 5th Jul 00
Location: Aberdeen City
User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, it may have an up and down but its still within the required gradients to be a legal track.....

You see some wild downhill tracks in NZ... but the times still stand.

vid here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKXgi6NDvx4

  <<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 16v throttle bodied Engine.. 22 database queries in 0.0180531 seconds