corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » HSBC boil my piss

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HSBC boil my piss
corsa120

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand that nath and i do feel for people but if your in work and your circumstances has not changed for you the recession means nothing and you are no better/worse off....

if your living in an overdraft every month your living beyond your means, especially people who live with parents theres no need, the banks are'nt just to blame for the recession, its people who have alot of bad debt to fact is they have overspent whether it be loans/overdrafts/credit cards etc etc, im not saying ojc has this debt but its just my opinion people should sort them selves out.... its far to easy to say theres a recession on and blame that..

all im saying is people need to be BETTER especially if your in work...
Cavey

22nd Nov 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main objection with it is the fact that they offered this service free or charge, and now because they realised that THEY screwed up, they're moving the goalposts to make a quick buck off the people who have taken their overdraft for granted. Whilst all the time charging £35 for missed payments etc, which cost them practically nothing to rectify. They must of been making a ton of money off people who aren't very organised, or good with money anyway.

I agree people shouldn't have been living in their overdraft, but it's what people were doing because they could.

As I've said, I was only £400 or so over, and that's now cleaered, but what about people who had a student account, got to -£1500, have graduated, and are now going to get charged £30 a month for the privledge of using that service. That's just the banks trying to make an easy buck off people.
corsa120

22nd Nov 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i do agree cavey no1 is innocent mate specially banks
Ojc

17th Dec 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Natwest

I just rang them to double check to see if my wages are about to be paid into my account and they can't see pending payments

HSBC could

Here we go
BYRON

17th Dec 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought account migration was very straight forward these days? Sounds like someone has forgotten to press some buttons. Human intervention fails again.
Shell
Premium Member

17th Dec 09 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HBOS froze Eck's account because he was 64 PENCE into his overdraft when they decided to remove it.
MarkM

18th Dec 09 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of weeks back I paid £350 into my Halifax account to clear my OD. I won't bank with them again.

Have Natwest gone down the same route?
Ojc

18th Dec 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I'm now with Natwest I am very pleased so far and everything has gone to plan, wages went into Natwest account.

HSBC can suck my balls.
Andrew

19th Dec 09 at 04:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HALIFAX are total pricks!!

Third time they have not sent me a letter to pay off my credit card. Phoned them up last week and screamed at them. Got the £12 late payment back and cancelled every single account i have with them.

One letter may get lost in the post but no 3.. I think it's a scam for them to make thousands. Back with Lloyds TSB who i never had any issues with.

Didn't have much in savings but in the past have had 15k in those accounts. Halifax really can fuck off!!

[Edited on 19-12-2009 by Andrew]
Sam
Premium Member

19th Dec 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MP3 recordings of you screaming at Halifax, Andrew?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Dec 09 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's nothing, You go into your AGREED OD and you get charged £1 a day with Halifax now

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
MarkM

20th Dec 09 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
That's nothing, You go into your AGREED OD and you get charged £1 a day with Halifax now

Hence me paying money into mine to get rid of it. I won't be using Halifax anymore.

They will lose a lot of customers.
deano87

21st Dec 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclays have been good for me since I was however old.

I'm still on a Student Additions account, and graduated in July. It isn't even a Graduate account. Silly arseholes.
Dom

21st Dec 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Barclays have been good for me since I was however old.

I'm still on a Student Additions account, and graduated in July. It isn't even a Graduate account. Silly arseholes.

same, had a Barclays account since i was about 10. Only ever had one major issue in the last 14years caused my some northern bint loosing my payment to Barclaycard and it tooks 4weeks to recover it. Although they did cover all interest costs.
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
No I'm now with Natwest I am very pleased so far and everything has gone to plan, wages went into Natwest account.

HSBC can suck my balls.

IME Natwest are no better than any of the others.

I had (still have an account) with Natwest, they gave me an overdraft which increased over the years, they quite literally gave me the rope to hang myself.

I think the overdraft topped out at about 4k when they dropped all credit facilities (cashpoint only, no debit card etc) All they wanted to know was 'we will lend you the money to pay off your overdraft'

Hell yeah, at circa 2% above what was offered elsewhere*.

And thats the snag...bank lets you get into debt....then you cant get a loan elsewhere because of said debt, so you are ring fenced into your banks get debt free option.

£1 per day being overdrawn is a bit of a joke too (I know it daft financial management if you do this) but banks dont pay you interest for being £2k in credit in you current account.

*FWIW I got a loan from my mortgage provider and I've been in credit with NW ever since.......funnily enough I checked recently about my NW overdraft and its now at £4.5k

Fad

21st Dec 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Jules all the banks are no better than each other they will help you get into debt but when you need help to get out of it they will shaft you.
Tom

22nd Dec 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can vouch for this also, i've got a managed loan with HSBC (which is about 6 months away from being paid) they give you everything you ask for when you first get a job and have no real experience of managing more money than you've ever had and then let you get yourself into shit so they can loan you up to the hills with a shit rate.
Half Pint

22nd Dec 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true credit is easy to obtain, its temptation that puts people into debt..... its not like they are holding a gun to your head meaking you sign up and spend but we all moan at the implications.

i had shit load of debt and paid loads of interest and the odd charge but it was of my own doing! i paid it all off and didn't do what others do with getting it written off through bankrupcy (sp) like many others but when i look at the money i wasted it does make you think....

on the flip side i bloody enjoyed it!

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by Half Pint]

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by Half Pint]
saj_123

30th Dec 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Err... Thats interesting, i have a 1000 overdraft with HSBC and a credit card, and i am a first year University Student, (didnt even ask for a credit card) Although i am not near my overdraft but i wouldnt want to my account frozen!

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by saj_123]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll