corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » HSBC boil my piss

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HSBC boil my piss
Ojc

User status: Offline
19th Nov 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

August 1999. I start full time employment and it occurs to me I don't have a current account, so I open my first current account with HSBC in Oct '99 I walk out the branch with a Solo card, £300 overdraft at 17 years of age.

Generally I bank well but a 17 year old with money is a dangerous thing and I spend too much sometimes but rarely venturing further than my £300 arranged overdraft.

Fast forward 10 years later, I'm earning twice what I earnt back in 1999, I still have my current account with Visa debit card and my trusty £300 overdraft for as and when I require it.

Today I recieve a letter from those c*nts

"We won't be renewing your overdraft for next year"

Ok, fair enough not the end of the world but seeing as it's Xmas I would like to keep the overdraft avaliable just incase

"We can't do that, payment plan only to reduce overdraft"

I say

"fair enough I can live without it, I'm currently overdrawn by the grand total of £86 and I get paid tomorrow"

She say

"We will put you on a payment plan to reduce your debt"

I say

"debt? £86?

She say

"Yes sir and when we do this we will reduce cancel your current card and issue you with a Solo card"

I say

"First of all I've been banking with you over 10 years and been paying in large sums for that period of time, first you want to remove something that is for my convience and now you want to lower my current accoutn down to the level which I had when I was 16 years of age"

"You know what you can do can't you? FUCK OFF"

First of all I wasn't given on explaination as to why my overdraft has been withdrawn, second of all why was she insistant on putting me on a payment plan for £86 when my overdraft would have been clear tomorrow and to offend me further by threatenting to put me on a Solo Card? I'm sorry I won't be treated like a criminal or some bankrupt cunt all because you don't make any money out of me.

I rang Natwest, withing 15 minutes I have a new bank account with £1000 overdraft

HSBC? JEWISH CUNTS.

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by Ojc]
--DAN--

19th Nov 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had pretty much the same problem with Halifax this week, between us me and the Mrs pay in around 5k a month and have done for several years. Last week I get a letter saying I can no longer have an overdraft, which is only really there for emergencies.

I was going to go round the banks on Saturday, think I'll try Natwest first.
Ojc

19th Nov 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Natwest were spot on, bloke was English talked me through it all and I have the forms tomorrow just take my ID into the branch and I will have my account.

I don't have any Direct Debits so makes life even easier just need to notify work and then tell HSBC to do one.
Sam
Premium Member

19th Nov 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Natwest were spot on, bloke was English

No point dealing with a bank that employs dirty little foreigners eh!

[/sarcasm]
Ben G

19th Nov 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been with natwest for 5 years now. no problems whatsoever.

even sorted me out when my card got cloned.

no overdraft though, always been wise with money so never needed one.
--DAN--

19th Nov 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i've been with natwest for 5 years now. no problems whatsoever.

even sorted me out when my card got cloned.

no overdraft though, always been wise with money so never needed one.

I'm wise with money but as a homeowner its useful to have an overdraft. A few years ago my work fucked my wages up and I fell £400 short of my mortgage payment, the amount they tried to charge me was rediculous so I've always had a big enough overdraft since to cover my mortgage payment.
Cavey

19th Nov 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got that letter from Halifax the other week saying that they were changing their terms on overdrafts.

I had an arranged overdraft of £600, and from Dec 9th, they were going to charge me £1 for every day I used my arranged overdraft, meaning that as I was £500ish overdrawn, i'd be paying £30 a month for the privliedge of something that they had offered me.

Fucking joke, fortunately my mum lent me some money towards our house, so i've cleared it, but anyone who's got say £1.5k overdraft from a student account or similiar is now screwed.

When I asked they said it'll help out people who get charged every month as they'll only be paying £30 a month instead of £35 every time they go wrong.

Bastards.
mwg

19th Nov 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a problem with my overdraft a couple of years ago with HSBC. Went in to see them and the woman I dealt with was a complete and utter cunt. Wanted me to pay all sorts of fee's. Got angry and left.

Went back a few days later and dealt with someone else, they were spot on and got it all sorted for me. Didn't have to pay anything.

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by mwg]
Ste
Premium Member

19th Nov 09 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucked HSBC off earlier this year. They are a gang of tossers. I signed up to Alliance and Leicester and got £100 for the privilege.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
AlunJ

19th Nov 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with lloyds tsb, they gave me £250 overdraft when I asked for one, no problem, within a few months I received a letter saying they were dropping it to £100 overdraft, because I hadn't used it. Now correct me if I'm wrong the idea is, it's there for emergencies not regularly dipping into if the beer fund gets a bit short. I have another account with natwest (was my first account when I was younger) and even though nothing ever gets paid in there, I have a £50 overdraft on it that pulled me and offered to me.
AndyKent

19th Nov 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with First Direct, owned by HSBC.

They seem to love upping my overdraft, started at £250, now at £1250 and I didn't even ask them to change it. Never use it anway, random.
pow
Premium Member

19th Nov 09 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sacked HSBC off when I got my first proper job becuase they wouldn't give me a Visa card.

Bunch of immature fuckers tbh.

Nationwide have always been spot on for me
Pete_vxl

19th Nov 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for "a bank" and can totally agree with ojc as your case seems completely unreasonable but peopleneed to realise, yes the banks fucked up passing about vast amounts of money to bide each other over but that was done in the confidence people would pay loans, cards etc. The reason now we are finding overdrafts being declined/ reduced is because a large amount of people were just putting their overdraft sky high and buying anything and everything and not having a payment plan sheduled such as a card or loan. So because the banks have been stung there tightning their belts. What they want you to do is use overdraft/ credit card in an emergency, which was the reason they were introduced. I deal with people daily who moan at charges and interest who say " you gave me the money". End of the day, your finance company dont spend it for you. All the posts above are very minor and if you call and ask to speak to an underwriter they may appeal your case to increase or keep your limit the same. Anybody with a halifax account however, i wouldnt bother.
Graham88

20th Nov 09 at 04:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Abbey and never had any real issues. Added my overdraft no questions asked when I decided it might come in handy, just incase. Infact they were brilliant when I wanted to change my accounts around. He actually took an interest in managing my money effectively. Now have a Savings, Bills & Current account with Direct Debits and Standing Orders set up effectively. I was really impressed with the service tbh.

HSBC sound useless, think I'll steer clear of that one.

[Edited on 20-11-2009 by Graham88]
Ben J

20th Nov 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have gone with First Direct. Part of HSBC but none of the bullshit etc. English call centre, no nonsence. I've been with them about 8 years and they have been amazing.
Ben J

20th Nov 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I'm with First Direct, owned by HSBC.

They seem to love upping my overdraft, started at £250, now at £1250 and I didn't even ask them to change it. Never use it anway, random.

Me too. Amazing service.
16vKarlos

20th Nov 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
I fucked HSBC off earlier this year. They are a gang of tossers. I signed up to Alliance and Leicester and got £100 for the privilege.

Alliance and Leicester for me too..

Much better service and were not fucked over by the crunch as they INVESTED Well

Karlos
John_C

20th Nov 09 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^are you serious? A & L were skint so were bought up by santander for a song.

First Direct are meant to be brilliant but no direct dealing with them.

I use abbey, ok but not great. Does the job
danzx2

20th Nov 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't fault Natwest,

Got 1k OD they up'd to 2.3k without me even asking but I got them to drop back to 1k.

I also needed 5k only for a few days (house purchase), they setup a loan and allowed me to pay it back within 14 days for nothing. Legends!
Twiggy

20th Nov 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John_C

First Direct are meant to be brilliant but no direct dealing with them.

Yeh they are good tbh

Think there are in Scotland though, NEVER waited more than 10 secs to get call answerd!
AndyKent

20th Nov 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John_C

First Direct are meant to be brilliant but no direct dealing with them

That half the reason I like them so much. Seem to have a great group of people answering the phones who really know what they're doing and it never takes long to get your question sorted.

Much rather that than going into a bank to find a spotty mong who doesn't know the difference between his arse and his elbow

First Direct FTW
Ojc

21st Nov 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
I work for "a bank" and can totally agree with ojc as your case seems completely unreasonable but peopleneed to realise, yes the banks fucked up passing about vast amounts of money to bide each other over but that was done in the confidence people would pay loans, cards etc. The reason now we are finding overdrafts being declined/ reduced is because a large amount of people were just putting their overdraft sky high and buying anything and everything and not having a payment plan sheduled such as a card or loan. So because the banks have been stung there tightning their belts. What they want you to do is use overdraft/ credit card in an emergency, which was the reason they were introduced. I deal with people daily who moan at charges and interest who say " you gave me the money". End of the day, your finance company dont spend it for you. All the posts above are very minor and if you call and ask to speak to an underwriter they may appeal your case to increase or keep your limit the same. Anybody with a halifax account however, i wouldnt bother.

I rang back a second time and spoke to someone different as is usually the case with these idiots you usually get a different answer from different people but the pair of them never game me an explanation.

If they don't wish to retain their customers they are doing a brilliant job.

I bet they prefer the ones that don't put any money through their books and owe them thousands, that's usually how the world works these days.
corsa120

21st Nov 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate i would say if ur regular in ur overdraft for 10 years that is why they are arsy, its time poeple got there act together and stayed in the + not -.

thats just my 2 pennies worth, if i were a bank i would want good bankers, obviously you dont know this at the start but with 10 year records maybe they looked back and thought you are not a good person to have on the system....

and you dont need an overdraft fro christmas what you need to do is sort ur money out and tell ur g/f, family etc your not prepared to go into ur overdraft fro presents so they will get what they get and you'll have to be more careful on whatever else you do over christmas......

i own my own house and 3 vehicles etc and have never once bin in my overdraft not even by a penny in 11 years....

in my eyes it dont matter if its 86quid or 8600quid debt is debt and overdraft is overdraft, we are all equals

[Edited on 21-11-2009 by corsa120]
Nath

21st Nov 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ All well and good but there's a thing called a recession happening at the minute. And this is what overdrafts are for. Dipping in when skint. It doesn't cost a bank money when we're in an overdraft, as A) they get it back, and B) they charge you for it.
Carl

22nd Nov 09 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nationwide seem decent. I was with abbey before but fucked them off due to foreign call centres. Nationwide have English ones. The free withdrawls abroad are immense too.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll