corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Adam-D

User status: Offline
29th Oct 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just an idea, if someone is replaceing there conservatory, or doors, may be a idea to get hold of the old ones??
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 09 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup.
Dan
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
be careful on the weight proportions on this, if its not evenly loaded it will cause big problems, argos delivery is a prime example. they put the first deliverys on last regardless of weight and size and go through a set of £800 king pins and £90 rear arb bushes a year !

£800 for king pins? Did u pluck that figure out of mid air lol.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
sand-eel

29th Oct 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They seem to be around the £300 mark or cheaper.
spikedjack

30th Oct 09 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i take it that this will drive and carry as much load as an argos delivery truck?

behave yourself sunshine...
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 09 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine DAF is 165 on Ebay, unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Either way, I wouldn't imagine we're doing the mileage to need it?
spikedjack

30th Oct 09 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt have thought so either tbh, or carrying the wieght/ being loaded and unloaded as much.
Dan
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i wouldnt worry about king pins, they last years!

If someones is going through king pins in a year, there more of a problem there, than load.

Im a bit unsure requirements for this, but are you going to need an o license?

I know its if its used for commercial purposes like hire or reward, but is this part of the corsasport business therefore needing one?

Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 09 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no trade taking place at the events so I interpreted that to mean that an O licence isn't required but I do need to clarify that at some point.
andys sxi
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait to see this finished

i was thinking cant you buy a cheap caravan and take the bits off that you need or is it cheaper to buy things seperate?

April 08 feature car
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 09 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caravan would work but there's no guarantee that having spent a few grand on one that the bits would be suitable.
Dan
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i looked briefly this morning i saw a list of exempt vehicle's, this wasn't one of them. Like you say its not for hire or reward.

But it isn't for private use is it? Tricky one. Well worth clarifying.

The only thing that wouldn't be good if you needed an o license would be 6 weekly servicing. At about 100 a time it gets costly.

Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 09 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O license would be disastrous.

I phoned VOSA earlier and the guy said if you win the race then its for reward and you need one. I told him we don't race competitively and he put me on to someone else.

The next guy said I would need one because it was too heavy and I asked him how Winnebagos do it and he asked me to email someone else.

I emailed someone else and they've not replied yet.

What I did wonder is whether large vehicles which are used for things like Autograss and that type of thing use them. There's also purpose built motorhomes at places like Combe and PV and I wouldn't imagine they have them despite being over 3.5t.

Could do with knowing really.
Dan
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when im over test station next week, if one of the decent guy's are there ill ask. Ill also ask my boss 2mo, as he is pretty clued up on this sort of thing.

Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 09 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks. I think the question is not whether it needs one or not, it's what we need to do to ensure that it doesn't.

We're already planning a reclassification IVA as an M1 special vehicle motor caravan. Just need to be clear on the business side of things. The bank already decided we're not a business, they get us free banking as a result. Not sure if that counts for anything.

[Edited on 30-10-2009 by Ian]
Dan
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right just spoken to my boss. He said he doesnt think so. He said he can get you our regional enforcement officer, who is the top dog's number in morning. He said he would be more than clued up and is always helpful. If you want it ill sort it in morning

Ian
Site Administrator

30th Oct 09 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be most appreciated Dan, nice one.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Oct 09 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays job - collect this bad boy

Little test

Popped in to a motorhome shop on the way home for some ideas. Check the price Was nice inside but not 10 CS wagons nice

Back home, work time

He told me to act the goat.

The pictures don't do this job justice. The glue was so strong a lot of the fiberglass is still on the cab roof.

Just finished a little while ago. Loom is all off the box, underruns and wheel arches are off. Box is ready to come off but that job requires daylight.

Going to fit the pod first so it'll all line up nice. Coming along nicely.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice progress chaps, even that what you've done today seems a lot of work...did going to the motorhome place prove effective, did you come away with light bulbs above your heads?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Oct 09 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We came away thinking Jesus Christ they're expensive, ours is going to be well cooler for a fraction of the money.
jr

31st Oct 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the big fibreglass thing ? roof top bit ?

your also looking more like your brother chris as the beard continues
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do look rather expensive, a few weeks ago there was one going through our village...have you seen meet the fockers where they have that huge one, it was like that and absolutely massive
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is Ace, Good work & a great idea Ian. I'll def put my donation in on pay day

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Oct 09 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
whats the big fibreglass thing ? roof top bit ?
Yeah goes over the cab.
Dan
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MMMM, nice safe roof pod

I used to sleep in 1 every weekend when we worked a market miles away. Best nights sleep i ever had lol.

Bit scary to get out of incase of a fire tho.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.2352710 seconds