corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
sand-eel

User status: Offline
25th Oct 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
MPG?
It does about 19 miles to the gallon

[Edited on 24-10-2009 by Ste W]

Thats quite good actually, was thinking it would be about 10.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 09 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It averaged 17 going to B&Q and Screwfix. A good motorway run would be in the early 20s. Not bad at all.
Haimsey
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have got discount at Wickes.

Looking good so far

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 09 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The insulation was on buy-one, get-one in B&Q. The wood we actually returned because 2.4m wasn't wide enough for the box width and went to another local place and got it even cheaper anyway.

Still loads more to buy though, how would discount work? We've got a Wickes in Liverpool if we could use your discount at that store? That would be ace if so.
Cole

25th Oct 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think the guy at work said as i showed him pics the rear overhang (rear of box to sentre of axle) was probably at its maximum so adding weight of under storage could come into play as i know when we built the paragion porsche race transporter due to the overhang and the weight of storage it had to have another rear axle added .
Ste
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will only be bunks and the shower in the rear overhang section. I'll do a proper mock-up of the current design and try and estimate weights for everything and see how we're doing for distribtution and potential underneath.

How much is a steering tag axle

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Cole

25th Oct 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots lol
Bonney

25th Oct 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will there be any lightweight materials used in it to keep some of the weight down?

Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 09 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to do some research to see how its done in caravans and motorhomes.

Also noteworthy is the fact that the racetrucks and horseboxes we've seen were mostly using standard domestic kitchen units and appliances (except where they need different energy sources).

One such racetruck has a garage at the back with a load of go-karts in, spares, tools, a full size double bed over it and an oven and shower unit next to that, all over or behind the rear axle.

Up front they have a living room area which is mostly empty space.

That's a professionally built £60k vehicle.

We'll be carrying more water and batteries up front than they do. Got my eye on a 215ltr marine tank. Pair of them will redress the balance somewhat.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any progress on it today?
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 09 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not on the vehicle itself but I downloaded the wiring, plumbing and gas schematics from Swift who make caravans and motorhomes. Did a bit more planning on those systems, priced up some bits and went to a caravan spares shop to see what they had. All too expensive there though, we'll be shopping around for the actual purchases.

I also think the marine stuff is higher quality and lighter but there's a price premium.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kitchen wise look for ex display stuff, if you only want a few cabinets and stuff you'll probably get them cheaper.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 09 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already priced it up at Ikea and its cheap enough. Probably going to buy the appliances first so we can be sure that they fit.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ikea fucking rocks I'm sure there's people on here who would lend a hand for plumbing, wiring etc. People in the trade who are members.

[Edited on 25-10-2009 by DannyB]
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 09 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes anything like that is very welcome.
Conway563

29th Oct 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The Vosa test is an IVA although I'm not sure whether it needs one. It'll probably need inpecting when its reclasified for tax and MOT purposes but I'm not sure on their requirement to come and see it. We're building in accordance with the IVA manual so if it does need a test it'll have been built to pass it.

If you need one will this be done at the Liverpool test station?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 09 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our closest is Chadderton, north east Manchester.
Dan295

29th Oct 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can offer time whenever im up north, i would be glad to give something back to cs after the welcome and hospitality at events, if there is anything your looking at in south wales i would be more than happy to help with the logistics of it
Conway563

29th Oct 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Our closest is Chadderton, north east Manchester.

My contribution will be having a word with Albert Clarke (the station manager) for you then
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 09 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woo man on the inside

Would be helpful to get some advice from him anyway about the whole process tbh. We only have what we've read in the official docs. Would be nice to talk to someone.
Conway563

29th Oct 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've dropped you a U2U with the Chadderton station managers number mate

[Edited on 29-10-2009 by Conway563]
Adam-D

29th Oct 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fixed my doors..........
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 09 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sorry I didn't text back

I was thinking about doors anyway because we need some.

Don't suppose you know anyone can get sliding ones?
Adam-D

29th Oct 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill find out, what you after?
pvc, alu ??
glass centre'd?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 09 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably PVC, patio style, double sliding.

Configured like this but not as large.

http://www.anhen.com/uploadfile/WebEditor/20081013174512976.jpg

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 6.8608990 seconds