corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

User status: Offline
24th Oct 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God i hated working on trucks

Interesting project though, should be top notch for all the shows etc
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The roof will be all done by tonight. Need to then put some more planning in to things like windows, wiring and pipework before the insulation and boards go on.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you've left the timber out where the windows plan to go
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear isn't having windows. Sides will but the verticals aren't going on tonight.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's what I meant, fair play for doing all of it, I'd have no clue where to start. Is there much room under the box for possible storage, places to put the flag stands or whatever?
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads, that needs metal fabrication and the metal shop doesn't open weekends.

DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll free up loads of room storing under there. Is there a weight you can't go over for the full build?
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a full load 7.5t. Unladen weight is just over 4t so there's plenty to spare.

DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted then, what about the weight distribution of everything in the box, as I imagine it being off slightly will fuck up tyres and bearings etc alot won't it?

Also, as it's being converted to house sleeping/living accomodation will it have to go through some sort of vosa test when it's done?

questions questions eh all new to me this...

[Edited on 24-10-2009 by DannyB]
am4nf

24th Oct 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive mentioned weight distribution twice already but noone has mentioned anything
Cole

24th Oct 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you doing about engine access. Also ian i asked at work about the storage under the lorry if you can tell me what the wheel base is and the which daf lorry it is the drawing guy will do you some plans for building the boxes so you can keep the lorry legal etc
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cab will still tip as normal.

I'm not sure on wheelbase. Its an LF 45.150 with 24ft box. I'll measure it when we're back up there tomorrow.

Do you know what legal things we need to consider and I'll read up on it?

[Edited on 24-10-2009 by Ian]
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going to have lockable cabinets and cupboards like caravans and the likes to stop things moving in transit?

Also, did you get that money in the end Ian?
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah everything will be tied down for transport.

The Vosa test is an IVA although I'm not sure whether it needs one. It'll probably need inpecting when its reclasified for tax and MOT purposes but I'm not sure on their requirement to come and see it. We're building in accordance with the IVA manual so if it does need a test it'll have been built to pass it.

And yes, money received many thanks! I didn't know because I missed signing for it and only had the delivery note. Collected it from the sorting office and remembered what it was

[Edited on 24-10-2009 by Ian]
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of work then, more than I thought actually when you consider what goes on behind the scenes. Will you need any sort of other insurance considering members of the public will be using/on/in it at shows?

Cool, glad it got there with the post being up in arms. I'll send more soon.

[Edited on 24-10-2009 by DannyB]
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance is already in place anyway, I'll just call them and tell them its our vehicle not a hired one.
Adam-D

24th Oct 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big ponce whats with the gloves....
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laughin then, look forward to more progress. Have you thought about the colour scheme of the exterior, if you'll be changing it that is?
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
Ive mentioned weight distribution twice already but noone has mentioned anything
the weight will be distributed evenly from left to right and with a forward bias to give a centre of gravity between the wheel base. It is a big truck with a few light bits of furniture on board. Stop stressing now.

Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And heavy items such as water tanks, batteries, gas bottles will be stationed in the chassis between the axles.

Plus the cut-through has a lot of metal to mount and strengthen the junction between the box and the cab, hence more weight at the front.

I hope it shouldn't be too much of a worry but I'm going to check back in the DAF body-builders manual which I downloaded to see if they make any reference to it. I'm sure there are motorway cone lorries with platforms on the back and massive light-boards and just a shelf to store cones on at the front who also have this issue and must deal with it in some way.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Have you thought about the colour scheme of the exterior, if you'll be changing it that is?
All white or perhaps all silver although that is more expensive.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All silver would look boss though
ChrisBoom

25th Oct 09 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What quality facial hair you have Ian
Rich H

25th Oct 09 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The looks this will attract at shows amongst the club stands will be so funny!

Great work guys Am getting the group buys running this week so should be able to get some funds over to you in the next few weeks
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 09 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.1932330 seconds