corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Oct 09 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks like it's gonna be ace!
I hate saying this but Cole, even if you aren't sure where to stick a full stop, please just throw some anywhere for the sake of my sanity.
Cole

19th Oct 09 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Im terrible for it.
swill_omnibus

19th Oct 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DAF FTW

This is going to be immense when it's done
pow
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A-W-E-S-O-M-E
I'll donate and follow progress but all I can offer is some flashy computery stuff.

Could probably get you a projector for it though

[Edited on 19-10-2009 by pow]
Cole

19th Oct 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian had a word at work today and the guy who does all the drawings for the lorries is going to dig out the some drawings for storage boxes for under the box. He also said that you should be able to leave the subframe on the chassis and just lift the box off which will make the job 10x easier.
Andrew

19th Oct 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a cannon double oven, 4 gas ring with griddle you can have if any use Ian. Will need to be gone Jan 10 and yours if you want it.

There's also a gas bottle in Mums garden too if any use. Has all the fittings, just pipe it and ready to switch on. My old man used to use it for welding
Sean-B

19th Oct 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is absolutely boss, love it!
scunnylad

19th Oct 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be careful on the weight proportions on this, if its not evenly loaded it will cause big problems, argos delivery is a prime example. they put the first deliverys on last regardless of weight and size and go through a set of £800 king pins and £90 rear arb bushes a year !
Liam

20th Oct 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
argos delivery is a prime example. they put the first deliverys on last regardless of weight and size and go through a set of £800 king pins and £90 rear arb bushes a year !

a_j_mair

22nd Oct 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like it will be a good worthwhile project

i mentioned in a previouse thread but seems to have been deleted

I mentioned that the sleeping arrangments could be made far more versatile, i was trying to point out that a caravan doesnt have bunk beds as such

they are seating which the changes to a bed

Think that could work really well with your project as would maximise the seating inside for the members which is the main intention (rather than just a place to sleep) if i understand properly

will be keeping my eye on it to see how it turns out

should be good
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Oct 09 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah layout is the subject of much deliberation and we're doing all we can to maximise hospitality space.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's happening about the rear doors? how many windows will it have? will it have just one entrance into the box or do you have to have a fire escape aswell?

[Edited on 24-10-2009 by DannyB]
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 09 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear doors will be removed and become the cab cut-through when the box is turned around.

Probably 5 or 6 windows along the offside and around the kitchen.

There will be two doors, the main patio style around 8ft and another habitation door towards the back.

I've ordered an over-cab sleeper pod so we can lose two rear bunks as we've gained sleeping space at the front. Hospitality area will be very generous with this arrangement.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to suggest sleeping area above the cab but wasnt sure if it would remain on it's own or have to be joined up to the box. Good idea on turning the box around, I'd have never thought of that Will it have a rear window on the back of the box, really you want as many as possible don't you. Regarding the patio doors, will you have detatchable 8ft wide steps to clip on to the box or something?
sand-eel

24th Oct 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MPG?
16vKarlos

24th Oct 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I offically love this thread.. cant wait to see progress..

Karlos
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
MPG?
It does about 19 miles to the gallon

[Edited on 24-10-2009 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over-cab sleeping isn't ideal as its more expensive than bunks at the back but it'll mean more space inside.

Probably no rear window because the rear wall will be beds and storage.

Steps will be as large as we can store, will clip on when set up. May even do a little stage arrangement, handrails etc. That will pack for travel, hence needing another door towards the back. This then doubles as a fire exit for the kitchen.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
SAL
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play Ian, this is dedication
am4nf

24th Oct 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make the stairs hollow and put some doors on them for storage
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could have 2 beds running paralel with the side walls, one on each side but above window height, maximising space underneath and creating room for a window to the rear (if you really wanted one)
Ste
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not messing around eh

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.0199721 seconds