corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C4 RSA Arden Blue Corsa VXR 1.6 Turbo (Wheels Fresh, Steinmetz Splitters, Cleaned Up, PVS11, P7)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C4 RSA Arden Blue Corsa VXR 1.6 Turbo (Wheels Fresh, Steinmetz Splitters, Cleaned Up, PVS11, P7)
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sir are a manky whore.
I'll need to come hunting for C5 in my new brief for a play some night
flybikeslee

5th Oct 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you compare this to the xe then? i drove an artic one and absolutely loved it, though the interior was still a bit placcy and cheap but still overall impressive
RCoughtrie

6th Oct 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will turn it into a valver eater frew

How do i compaire it to the xe lee... Been asked that quite a few times actually, obviously power wise im happy with the vxr and how you can add to it... but putting that aside before i bought the car and even now i still really dont see the money in the car, some peeps on here who i know will tell you it annoyed me a fair bit felt like being conned lol, and like you said some things come across as cheap but it is alot more comfortable to drive to which is something in cars i have never really sampled tbh, over all was the best option to buy due to the wifes job situation plus she wanted it so bad i really couldnt say no

With the xe i knew where i was with it in the end, fuck i bought it standard for 700 quid and fired 15 grand+ into it withought a thought ! madness but was awesome in the end up the thing handled so well, suspension was so hard you felt every stone and bump in your bones, took you about an hour to hear right after you had been out a blast to but thats what its all about just a shit load of fun in a car most people really dont rate i miss it like hell already will just need to improve C5 now .

But im getting on with the VXR its just the start im quite sure i will soon get over the first genral feeling when i get further into adding to it there is plenty to be done fella ]

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by RCoughtrie]
Ben G

6th Oct 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great cars these are and good plans too

i played with one of these from a 20mph rolling start to well over 130 and from 20-60 it stuck right with me, then it started going backwards.

i was still impressed at the legal speeds acceleration though!
Eck
Premium Member

8th Oct 09 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
Aye adam will be good, the stuff is amazing i cant stop using it on C5's wheels cleans so quick you need to come down and i will give you a shot of the vxr

Nice one eck pics ?, condition ?, what pipes ? and a good price and i will snap them off you fella

I'll need to have a look as they are off my bro's old VXR so not sure mate Will get back to you this weekend sometime
whitter45

8th Oct 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
great cars these are and good plans too

i played with one of these from a 20mph rolling start to well over 130 and from 20-60 it stuck right with me, then it started going backwards.

i was still impressed at the legal speeds acceleration though!

they pull quite hard from 4.5k onwards

I know from low speeds the BM struggles to pull away from our one

although it could be the driver
davieslim

8th Oct 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stunning cars, i hunted for ages for a black one but seem to be really hard to find in scotland, did you sell the old 17's?
whitter45

8th Oct 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davieslim
stunning cars, i hunted for ages for a black one but seem to be really hard to find in scotland, did you sell the old 17's?

black is the worst colour i find for VXR's
RCoughtrie

8th Oct 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff eck

Still got the 17s here atm, most of the black ones were down south i found and they were all cheaper than the other colours for some reason ? i vowed never to buy a black car again the up keep of them is murder.slightest things bug the shit out of me on them.
thecorsaal

8th Oct 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice mate, the corsa vxr is a great little car. nice mods asewell
davieslim

8th Oct 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

something subtle about a tuned black vxr thats why i wanted one, the salesman i spoke to said that the adverts were showing the blue and red and thats what everyone wanted so the black and silver never had the same appeal, you going to sell the 17's? or keep them as winter wheels?
RCoughtrie

9th Oct 09 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Ah right i see now i get it, yeah mate i will be selling the 17s soon you intrested ?

[Edited on 09-10-2009 by RCoughtrie]
davieslim

12th Oct 09 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the price, ive got the calibra turbo wheels on the corsa just now but was planning to raise it from 60 to 40mm and getting corsa vxr rims.
RCoughtrie

17th Oct 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keeping with tradition im beasting on, Exhaust was the first along with the ITG filter and dump valve to get fitted last week MASSIVE difference sadly every vid i tryed to make when uploaded it didnt sound the same nice roar through gear changes and an odd pop just to finish it off can tell it coming a mile off love it ...

Got the wheels back from powdercoat on friday had the tyres on standby and handed the car in for a full serivce to my local garage before winter comes in and on it all went. starting to look the part now and is ready for a nice 40MM drop i should think.

Gauge pod also arrived last week, will do the job and is really well made.. also decided on the gauges i wanted, Oil Temp And Boost Gauges from ProSports Premium Range with Blue/White lighting

Still plenty more coming and to do

Old wheels 17s will be on ebay tonight with no reserve if anyones intrested

[Edited on 17-10-2009 by RCoughtrie]
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 09 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No messing around mate looks nice with darker wheels.
RCoughtrie

17th Oct 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate might put my name down for the RR day once things are a bit confirmed
Minty_Fresh

17th Oct 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon 60mm drop would work a treat mate, dont think 40mm would cut it imo..

looks awsome now though..

quick photoshop..

[Edited on 17-10-2009 by mk4_boy]
andys sxi
Premium Member

17th Oct 09 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very clean as always wheels look spot on and the colour suits the car

April 08 feature car
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 09 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
cheers mate might put my name down for the RR day once things are a bit confirmed

RCoughtrie

17th Oct 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been reading that things get hellish for the front bumper when you start to go lower even at 40mm peeps are saying you need to be a fair bit carefull... drops it alot better that you would think on 40mm janspeed springs

Minty_Fresh

17th Oct 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks top, thought it would be higher for just a 40mm drop, just done a pshop of yours bud (above ^)
andys sxi
Premium Member

17th Oct 09 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that pic you have just posted the front end looks so much better with the fog light surround sprayed black or anthercite, maybe worth spraying yours like that?

April 08 feature car
RCoughtrie

17th Oct 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy
that looks top, thought it would be higher for just a 40mm drop, just done a pshop of yours bud (above ^)

nice one that looks awesome !

RCoughtrie

17th Oct 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
that pic you have just posted the front end looks so much better with the fog light surround sprayed black or anthercite, maybe worth spraying yours like that?

or in carbon fiber andy

Minty_Fresh

17th Oct 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about debadged rear (looks ace imo) and black vauxhall badge on the front?

also smoked plates?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C4 RSA Arden Blue Corsa VXR 1.6 Turbo (Wheels Fresh, Steinmetz Splitters, Cleaned Up, PVS11, P7) 24 database queries in 0.1252279 seconds