corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 News *new 8MP screenshots! WOW*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 News *new 8MP screenshots! WOW*
Adam_B

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember the corsa sport in GT2, fully modified it was like 120bhp
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 09 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeD
10,000 cars will be available Including the corsa gsi among many others

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/automotive-news/181936-ps3s-gran-turismo-5-complete-list-of-cars.html

a load of toss..

apart from the fact that was written in 2007, the official car list for GTPSP has only just been released never mind GT5.

one thing that puts that list to shit is that they have included Porsche.. atm porsche is not inc due to license agreements, but in jan the license agreements with EA come to an end, so maybe they will be included.

so far there has been said to be about 950+ cars.
p

4th Oct 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the fook is this game bloody coming out ?!?!?!
Paul_J

4th Oct 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
ive heard from a couple of people (not gt fanboys) that the physics on forza are even more for giving than forza 2 (more arcadey)

if that's refering the comments I made to you, then you got the wrong end of the stick.

I was saying Forza 3 physics are far better than Forza 2!

Forza 3 = realistic stuff like lift off oversteer actually happens

Forza 3 = Actually has some control over the car at the limit, where as forza 2 it'd just slide off the track.

Forza 3 FTW. Solely for the fact Forza 3 you truely feel like you've made your car.... GT5 you just drive standard cars... even if you hot them up they look standard.
Robbo

4th Oct 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HOW IS THIS ONLY 65% COMPLETE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT 18 MONTHS AGO
Marc

4th Oct 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crash damage was an after thought. They probably keep adding new things along the way too.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 09 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul - it wasnt you that id spoken to, it was someone else.

robbo - the game was never meant to come out anytime before march 2010 as they (PD + Sony) never gave a release date.
MoesTavern

4th Oct 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
paul - it wasnt you that id spoken to, it was someone else.

robbo - the game was never meant to come out anytime before march 2010 as they (PD + Sony) never gave a release date.

Yeah but that ignores stuff like Yamauchi laughing off a 2010 release date, him stating GT5 would be out 'soon' after GTPSP, him stating that they can release GT5 "whenever we want" during E3 in June, and printed material distributed by Sony at Gamescom indicating the game will be released during the fourth quarter of 2009.

It's pretty clear to me a late 2009 release was what they had planned for. A GT5 slim bundle this Christmas would have flew off the shelves.

[Edited on 04-10-2009 by MoesTavern]
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 09 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the only thing that they said was it would be released before the end of the year, but they never stated if it was the financial year or not.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Oct 09 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are pics from a replay.
Nath

8th Oct 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Forza fanboy]

Yeah but thats been rendered blah blah and in reality it'll look like this:

[/Forza fanboy]
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Oct 09 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are the 8MP screenshots from the TGS.. no new content as such just HIGH quality images..

Adam_B

8th Oct 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. But visuals were never the issue with GT...
Marc

8th Oct 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks amazing.
MoesTavern

9th Oct 09 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
[Forza fanboy]

[/Forza fanboy]

Sorry Nath you're right it will look exactly like that when you're playing it. Absolutely nothing has been altered with those screenshots at all. MY GOD PS3 IS A BEAST!!!1
morpheus22

9th Oct 09 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
PaulW

9th Oct 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

agree

All well and good showing 8MP sized images, but they are not actual in-game, they are just rendered...

[Edited on 09-10-2009 by PaulW]
FruitBooTeR

9th Oct 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck Gran Turismo and Fuck Sony fan boys!

PS3 HASSSS NO GAMES!!!!!!!!

chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Oct 09 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul, them screenshots are not rendered.
FruitBooTeR

9th Oct 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Course they are...if that was a real replay of a race (assuming that's where the screenshots were taken from) then the other cars and background would not be blurred?

They have made it over blurred in some to emphasise the detail on the car in focus..
Nath

9th Oct 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
[Forza fanboy]

[/Forza fanboy]

Sorry Nath you're right it will look exactly like that when you're playing it. Absolutely nothing has been altered with those screenshots at all. MY GOD PS3 IS A BEAST!!!1

Did I say that though? Shall I fnd my quote from a previous GT5 thread where by I said all driving games are shit anyway? And FYI I owned both a 360 and PS3 at one point. Fanboy I am not.
Eck
Premium Member

9th Oct 09 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may or may not be arsed to purchase Forza. But I will definitley be buying GT. I prefer it. And I am also not a fanboy, as I have all 3 next gen consoles.
Eck
Premium Member

9th Oct 09 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing about those pics though... The incar view of the Ferrari shows it to be nearing the red line in 5th, which would in theory be at least 160+? So why on Earth is there not a needle on the speedo to show this
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Oct 09 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Course they are...if that was a real replay of a race (assuming that's where the screenshots were taken from) then the other cars and background would not be blurred?

They have made it over blurred in some to emphasise the detail on the car in focus..

a render is an image that has been made using a program, like 3dsmax.. it imports the cars wireframe/model and creates a virtual environment around it..

these pics, although they have been edited are taken from the games replay, which is 'ingame' using the games engine.. although i believe that there are some filters they add in the replay to make it look more realistic which you don't see when actually playing the game. (heat dissipation coming off the track is one of them)
PaulW

9th Oct 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

Exactly...

That and the resolutions of the images...

1080p resolution is 1920x1080
These 8MP images are 3840x2160 in size... Thats DOUBLE

There is *NO* way the PS3 will even render in realtime at this resolution, for a start the hardware is incapable of supporting this resolution, and secondly, where are the TV sets with a resolution like this...

I don't care what anyone says about the power of the PS3... simple fact it can not and will not ever support rendering in this resolution...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll