corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Suzuki Swift: Sold

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suzuki Swift: Sold
djmattyh

User status: Offline
30th Nov 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im liking this for some weird reason? as said get a debadge grille and fogs
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got galuna splitter on.. more fiddling to get it as i want.. will get pics tomorrow.
Jenko_Sport

4th Dec 09 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw one of these yesterday and thought of you.

Had the biggest backbox ive ever seen, must of been a 5inch slash cut and was poking out at an angle haha
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a twin exit one like irmy corsa ones?
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have a play with sides and try to move sides out so it will be wider..

v

Now i got to sort out the exhust as its getting louder and louder.. i got two options. get a STD back box and get a tip welded or get a niversal back box and get it fitted by a garage.

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by daymoon]
djmattyh

4th Dec 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks mint with the splitter!
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about getting this ^^ and making a "debadged" grill.. and paint it black. dunno hwo it will look though :/
djmattyh

4th Dec 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that will look alright as long as its fitted properly. use the blue frame from your old grille
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djmattyh
that will look alright as long as its fitted properly. use the blue frame from your old grille

i got a spare grill anyway so would try it on that first before fitting to car.
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Dec 09 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had to buy cat-back exhaust ( std) cos no one does back boxes separately except egay 60 quid lighter. the most annoying thing is that the cat and middle sections were replaced less than 6 months ago
daymoon
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washed my car today!

Before:

After:

[Edited on 09-12-2009 by daymoon]
Jamie-C

9th Dec 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depo your lights
daymoon
Premium Member

9th Dec 09 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking that...not sure how i would go about indicators though as it would look odd having clear indicators and smoked lights.
Jamie-C

9th Dec 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, I was thinking of doing mine as well but was wondering about indicators, can't put them in the oven because the lense is plastic

Lad on the polo forum said he just sprayed through the bulb hole and it didn't look bad tbh.
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 09 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust is now welded and on!

Not 100% happy but for price cant complain...

Took exhaust to a place where one of the guys from local car club works... two hours later picked it up.... that was easy part...

Got home, started to remove back box...

snapped. Great! so i need a middle section after all! Removing the middle section was easy... grabbed new one from shed, aswell as exhaust paste... put exhaust on rbber mounts, open exhaust past tube... it all dried... FUCK IT! managed to scrape up abit of it from bottom of tube... not enough.. sod it... fitted exhaust.... started to fit back box... sits too low.... tip is welded at angle... downards! GREAT!!! bent the metal brackets on exhaust, extended one of them... sits nice!! started the car..... knocking sound from two places.... bent one bracket on the middle section of exhaust.... sits better and no knocks from there.... now where does back box knock? some where against chassi... that was sorted with moving the clamp a bit futher... started the car again.. still hitting chassi... after much investigation noticed that rubber munt isnt on properly... put it on all the way... no knocks!!! i hope it stays that way....

exhaust sits rather shit now though...

pics before adjusting...

old exhaust:
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 09 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was rather pissed off today as you can imagine, and was thinking of not spending any more on this and getting another corsa in summer... bt now cooled off and will be ordering more parts tomorrow

buying clear indicators and mayb side skirts if some one gets back to me
daymoon
Premium Member

1st Feb 10 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is getting some loving soon as decided to keep it for a while.
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Purchased a set of wind deflectors of ebay, hopefully going to be delivered this or next week.
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3/4 plate purchased.

is it 60 quid fine and no points for "illegal" plates?
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police have seen mine and not said anything. Just keep your normal sized plate in your boot and put it on if you get stopped.
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Police have seen mine and not said anything. Just keep your normal sized plate in your boot and put it on if you get stopped.

Yeah thats what I intend to do. Don't see police round here that often anyway, so hopefully it's gonna be ok
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Feb 10 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A set of four centre badges purchased

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by daymoon]
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Feb 10 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PLate arrived, gonna fit it in the morning as i am off to work in 10 minutes.
Scotty_B

4th Feb 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's turning into a tidy little car.
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanx

Fitted plate LAST night, after work

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Suzuki Swift: Sold 23 database queries in 0.1689370 seconds