corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Suzuki Swift: Sold

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suzuki Swift: Sold
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Nov 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope the springs will settle a bit more + bigger wheels going on the car soon-ish, but yeah still looks high
Kevxx

4th Nov 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this
i had a justy and if you get brave with plastic primer and spring, some clothe you can make the interior a bit better!
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Nov 09 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
I love this
i had a justy and if you get brave with plastic primer and spring, some clothe you can make the interior a bit better!

got any pics? i will be getting some door cards to play around with.. want to make some door builds possibly or just retrim.
Kevxx

4th Nov 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will try source some, tbh i only got it for the 4wd! ...find a written off justy or breaking one, buy it, and put all it's runnign gear into you're swift, 4wd YO!
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Nov 09 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear it is lower now i have done 100 miles at least in my mind. if all goes to plan should be getting tyres in two weeks time...

after that - exhaust as current one is blowing slightly
daymoon
Premium Member

14th Nov 09 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alloys are one!

need to get side skirts now as looks a bit silly...

But good thing is that there is no catching or anything... clearance is great!

daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I kinda decided to throw more money at this

Got to do some mechanical work first:
Brake pads {purchased}
New back box
Tracking

Then,
Gti Skirts
GTi spoileer {purchased}
splitter of some sort {purchased}
Remove bump strips
Wash :S {purchased}{dirty within 2 hour}
Remove rear wiper.
colour code door handles
Clear side repeaters
wind deflectors
lower it some more.

[Edited on 25-11-2009 by daymoon]

[Edited on 25-11-2009 by daymoon]
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, that looks decent. I'd get smaller profile tyres though.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is unexpected coming from you...

these are 195/50/15... i think it will look better lowered more... we shall see...
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fronts looks weird, like the wheel is far too big, smaller profile tyres would sort that I think.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for some reasn all lowered swifts are highier at the front... don't know why but i saw so many of them on different forums and they all are like that....
Rich H

23rd Nov 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure yet, I am slowly changing my mind I think. Plans sound good. Start with a wash - that won't cost owt

Seem to have some reverse rake going on though which would bug me a bit if it was my car.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich i'd wash it, but we had rather poo weather for few weeks now and i'd be gutted to wash my car and get it dirty few hours later!
And is your opinion changing for the better then?

I rarely look at the car so not that bothered about front being highier than rear, but i need to lowerer it more soon...

[Edited on 23-11-2009 by daymoon]
Rich H

23rd Nov 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It certainly looks better than it did, and plans sound good too, just still not totally convinced on choice of project car lol.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
It certainly looks better than it did, and plans sound good too, just still not totally convinced on choice of project car lol.

well its different to the norm and you dont see many modified especially this shape Swift, its cheap to run and stands out! Meh, was thinking about getting anothe car in summer but considered my possibilities and decided against it...
Kano

23rd Nov 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hats off to you.. Turned what was a horrible looking car into a pretty respectable one.
Jenko_Sport

23rd Nov 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt look THAT bad now tbh haha
Kano

23rd Nov 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
Doesnt look THAT bad now tbh haha

I know your not being horrible but I can honestly say I'd drive the swift over that Fiesta every day of the week.
Jenko_Sport

23rd Nov 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Different tastes i supose.
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to scrapyard today to get som bits for mates Saxo, and just asked how much for 'Guna splitter - 10 quid...

So the result:

Only did a quick job at trying it on as it wa strating to piss down ( what a suprise) but i stood back i loved it!

Took a picture and i don't think it does the justice, so can't wait to get this fitted Properly! its a bit long at the sides so wouldnt clear the wheels ans stuck at the sides so will need some trimming when i get time to fit it!

very pleased!

If some one would be kind enough to photoshop this without the tape and sitting properly i'd be grateful
Adam C
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking awesome mate, splitter really suits it

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks!

Also bought a spoiler for the boot

will look like this:

very subtle
jo1945

25th Nov 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starting to look really smart, nice work
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some sort of debadged grill for the front and that would look pretty mean in your rear view mirror.
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Nov 09 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Some sort of debadged grill for the front and that would look pretty mean in your rear view mirror.

lol not with current engine it wont! cant catch any one up!i had no badge at the front but put one on!

also i figured out why front sits highier than rear!

springs were originally for gti whch has more weight at the front..

cheaper solutions is to get 40mm lowering springs for front.. or more fun solutions is Gti engine

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Suzuki Swift: Sold 24 database queries in 0.1900060 seconds