corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jun 12 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Nath

I've seen the one's on ebay, think I will invest in one as the GM one's are a tad harder to buy

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
NathanR

16th Jun 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

. Pretty sure you'd be able to get hold of some small opel badges to fit the mudflaps too maybe
Adam C
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New full leather door cards arrived, advertised for a hatch but where for a coupe so had to cut out the rear inserts and re-fit them to my door cards.

And fitted

Rear door card inserts where just wedged in place in these pictures, have since been glued in.

Rear Opel badge also fitted, did buy a set of domed opel badges to go on the mudflaps and steering wheel but they really where cheap and tacky so I shall come up with something else for them

And a random shot.

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks so clean Ad'...

Them door cards make a huge difference.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
NathanR

2nd Jul 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great as always pal , U2U coming your way
Adam C
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan Full leather Recaro's what complete it off perfectly.

Nath

Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Jul 12 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love leather!

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
kedowan

3rd Jul 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read the full thing, its a beautiful car!
NathanR

3rd Jul 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
I love leather!

Kinky
Mark.W

3rd Jul 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Door cards gives it a classy look Adam

Car looks awsome & shiney.
richc

3rd Jul 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it would look better without the blue bits on the rims.
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Jul 12 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments peeps

Wheels are marmite, I like them for now anyway, no doubt they'll be changed again sometime.

Adam C
Premium Member

31st Aug 12 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE 31/08/12

Just a minor update, took some decent pictures with a camera which wasn't my iphone, came out rather well.

Sent them in to Total Vauxhall and managed to get into this month's hall of fame

Now stuck with what to do with the car, in a month's time I'll be 22 with 5 years NCB with a completely clean license, so was going to sell this and buy something different.
Problem is all I really want is either an R33 Skyline GTR in midnight purple or a BMW e39 M5, which means I still have to wait until 25 at the earliest before I can insure either one for a decent price.

So I either keep this another three years and have a bit more fun with it and 'finish' it for good. Or sell it and buy something else like a 200sx etc.

Decisions, decisions...

Christopher

31st Aug 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R34 GTR would = Gratz on hall of fame!
spankyjames

31st Aug 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it and tune it to stage 3
*CorsaCal*

31st Aug 12 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one bloody beautiful car matey! i saw it in tv! Nice one.
*CorsaCal*

31st Aug 12 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
This is one bloody beautiful car matey! i saw it in tv! Nice one.

Nooooooooo i just read the bit underneath. Dont sell matey youll regret it its a beautiful thing. If u have a bit of cash then tweak it a bit. Whats a skyline got what this ent? Just rwd?
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Aug 12 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments peeps

I think the most logical step is to get it mapped to stage 3 given how much money I've poured into it already, an R33 GTR is really the only car that I want but being realistic I won't be able to afford or insure one until 25 minimum.

I still enjoy driving the car and love the way it looks so its probably just me having the 3 year itch

NathanR

31st Aug 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats on the hall of fame adam . Definately keep this and stage 3.5 it
wyley

1st Sep 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Save up your money buy a r33 providing you have space for it wait a year or 2 pour money into it like a project thing sell de Astra n insure it
Mark.W

1st Sep 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats on the HOF feature Adam its looking amazing..you would me mad to sell it.....Look what happened your corsa mate.
Adam C
Premium Member

2nd Sep 12 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments guys

I'm going to hunt for an already mapped ecu set along with a VXR AFM and Injectors and hopefully find stage 3 or 3.5, then enjoy it for a while longer.
That's the thing, after what happened with the Corsa I'd rather split it than sell, probably get more money from it as well but it's too good to break.

thegsi

18th Oct 12 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice mate.
Regarding the car situation, sell it and buy a 200SX. You won't look back!
Mr Clean

24th Jan 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is stunning, so individual and the stance is amazing! Please don't break it

How wide are the wheels btw?

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by Mr Clean]
Adam C
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oops sorry Mr.Clean, don't check this often, thanks and the wheels are 8.5j wide.

Update 9/2/13

Ok so time for an update, not a good one tbh but I thought I'd update it anyway.

Well times haven't been great recently, lost my job a little while ago and am currently going through a few personal private problems but either way I'm trying everywhere to get a job and get my life back on track, I've been selling on ebay to help get me by as I just don't want to go on the doll. I cut my bills down and the ebay money is enough to get me by but not really enough to keep my Astra on the road.

So anyway I managed to sell enough on ebay to get the money to MOT and Tax the Astra, I thought I'd stick it in for MOT first just in case of any problems, and thats where the trouble begins.

Had the spanner light pop up around Christmas and it was the dreaded P1106 error code which for those of you who have been following this thread will note I had big problems regarding this code before.

So baring in mind my front BCS is new, as is the turbo etc. I thought it would be down to the actuator again, and upon inspection I noticed the actuator rod had been hitting the exhaust clamp, so moved it and the car drove fine, didn't think anything of it, but the light stayed on.

MOT time and I told them about the fault and told them to take the light off at the same time, left them to it, got a call later and it wasn't good news.

It failed on Emissions, ok so that's gotta be something to do with the cat even though it's a sports cat which is fairly new, or one of the lambda sensors.
BUT the garage couldn't tell me what it was because they couldn't connect the cars ECU to their computer system.
After a confusing explanation from them, they layed the fault on my ECU or its wiring harness being at fault, I left the car with them another day and apparently they managed to get some codes from my ECU but the ECU still wasn't communicating properly.

To add to the confusion they believed the emissions problem was something to do with my spanner light being on even though it's just bringing up the one fault (p1106), they also found some error codes related to my abs and traction control which has now come out of the garage and decided not to work at all.

And finally to finish it off, I took the car for a quick spin after MOT to see how it drove which resulted in a dodgey idle, burning oil smell and slipping clutch

Yep so that's where I'm at, apologies for the long rant

Oh and it's also now got a new home for the forseeable future until I decide what to do with it.

Options are to either fix it once I'm working again, sell it to Turbo Chris for him to break or break it myself.

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing. 24 database queries in 0.3109679 seconds