corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Mar 11 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update 6/3/11

Well after a few mishaps this morning involving a broken pre-cat clamp its all back together and running perfect with an oil restrictor bolt

The old turbo must have been more fecked than I origionally thought as the new one has changed the way the car drives completely, much smoother and pulls through the rev range, so overall a great investment.

Old vs new shot

And fitted..

Sorry for the lack of and shitty quality pictures.

Also decided I didn't really like the Autogauge gauges and there positions, so changed for a pro sport gauge along with an A pillar mount.

Thats all for now

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Adam C
Premium Member

28th Mar 11 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE - 28/3/11 New parts

So I was set on suspension (finally) this month but the car had other plans, the cat desided to shit its insides out and theres a nice crack where the pipe joins to the cat so its sounding lovely at the moment
So I've had to invest in a new cat section, de-cat is a big no so went for a Cobrasport 200cell sports cat, shall be fitting it this weekend when it turns up.

I've had all the bits sat in my room for a couple of months now to run the headlight washers required for shark eye headlights, so bit the bullet this month and ordered the headlights along with a D2S 6k HID kit, thought I had everything but seems I've forgotten to order one little washer for the washer pump

Anyway a couple of pictures to keep you amused.

Shall all be fitted this weekend

corsaadzy

28th Mar 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look sweet adz, thought you had depos originally tbf aha
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I fitted the new headlights yesterday along with the washer jets and so on..

Firstly fitted the washer jets

Yes they are rattle canned but Im due for paintwork soon so they will do for now.

New headlights on along with new bigger washer bottle

HID's working

And back in one peice

Unfortunatly a ballast has already failed so need to order another set of HID's. both the bumper washer jets are not working and seems the pump is at fault so need to sort this, and thirdly the bumper has warped out of shape resulting in it dropping on one side, the inner arch fixings have both snapped and i managed to hit a rabbit the other day which has dented the bottom of the bumper resulting in it no longer lining up properly underneath.

So more parts to add to the list and not only that but Cobrasport are unable to tell me where my sport cat has been for the last week and a half

Adam C
Premium Member

11th Apr 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the sports cat finally arrived last Friday

Quick comparison shot with the old knackered cat

No pictures fitted but obviously drives alot better with a new cat on, sounds slightly different too, has a slight turbo rip sound to it now and it likes to spit instead of pop which Im pleased with

Managed to blag another ballast off a mate so now have both HID's working, and turns out the pump wasn't faulty for the washer jets, only needed the water pumping through

And thats how she stands at the minute

Next on the list it a set of Weitec coil overs (finally) and then getting the car ready for Total Vauxhall Live, so having some paintwork done with a few trick touches and hopefully some new wheels to really make it stand out, so hope that pays off.

Going to take a break from performance for a couple of months and look to transform the inside of the car after TVL, already have the plans just need to put them into action

Liam

12th Apr 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some Weitec coilovers waiting to go on mine, but been an expensive few months with my car also!

How much did the sharkeyes cost you altogether? u2u me if you don't want to tell everyone. I need to sort out a build thread for mine.
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did you pay for the sports cat may i ask

and were did you get it?

mine past an m.o.t today with a pre-cat and de-cat.. warmed her up before m.o.t though haha
j10E W

12th Apr 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this
shark eyes look sick
Christopher

12th Apr 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loooks really nice mate!
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see some updates Liam, get a project thread up as I'd like to have a nosey.

Well the headlamps where £200, HID's where £40, and all the bits for the headlight washers came to around £60, but made a few savings on bits i already had such as the second washer pump.

Kev the sports cat was £300 from Cobrasport, was tempted with second de-cat myself.

Cheers guys

Adam C
Premium Member

25th Apr 11 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you can tell Im pretty shite with a camera, so in return for fitting my mates boost gauge for him he took some fancy pictures with his new camera, excuse the dirty car but they came out pretty well.

No real updates to report, I think the sports cat was a waste of money as Im generally not happy with the exhaust as it is, so I think a 3" system turbo back is on the cards for good now.
But finally ordered a set of Weitec Coilovers along with new adjustable drop links and new top mounts and bearings so they should hopefully turn up before the end of this week.

gez bay

25th Apr 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks lovley nicest colour by far!
Adam C
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE 31/5/11

Well the coilovers turned up just before last weekend, so being a 3 day weekend I decided now would be the best time to fit them just in case anything went wrong.
Excuse the shite pictures, really need to invest in a decent camera at some point.

First things first, everything off and out.

Quick comparison picture

New stuff fitted, note this is before the coilovers where adjusted and before I relised the LMF drop links where too short

Then onto the rear which as usual took all of about 20 minutes.

Good thing I had 3 days to fit these, as after the first attempt I had forgotten to fit these

(Top bearings removed from the plastic cups for those of you who don't know)

Then I also had the speedo not working, abs light on, traction control light on and one of the other warning lights on, so after some research it seemed as if a new hub was required....luckily this wasnt the case and it was just one of the prongs in one of the sensors which had just moved slightly, lucky!!

Then final problem which is still a problem is the LMF adjustable drop links are too short, and the front ARB is still banging over speed bumps, so still need to sort this sometime.

Otherwise shes all back together
Again excuse the pics, off my phone so they're not the greatest

Its still got some settling to do but I think it sits perfectly as it is, and the handling difference is amazing, can really chuck it around now and the barge like handling feels pretty much gone, and im still yet to add a whiteline rear ARB.

Not too sure whats next on the list, paint work still needs to be sorted, new wheels are still on the cards but the exhaust is my main concern, mainly being because its rattling and blowing all over the place, so maybe time to move on upto a 3" turbo back system... we shall see

Mark.W

31st May 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks stunning Adam and sits perfectly on the coilovers
Adam C
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mark

Im very please with it, shall get some better pictures soon enough too

ash-ov-boro

31st May 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always liked theese really smart mate
Adam C
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ash, so much more to come in the next few months

Christopher

31st May 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely love this adam!
M Sutton

1st Jun 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it! Perfect example of a GSI imo!
Adam C
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, comments like these make it all worth while

Kippers

1st Jun 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It needs wheel spacers matey. Ive got set on order for my mk4.

Other wise looks lovely!
Adam C
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not too interested in wheel spacers tbh, new wheels soon anyway.

Liam

1st Jun 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam, if you still need droplinks, get some from "888dan" on AOC, ive got a set on mine, and they are awesome, adjustable aswell!

I've got the weitecs on mine, those and the whiteline make it awesome! I'm going back to 17s though as not really feeling the 18s now so going to try and sell them on to pay for a refurb and some decent tyres for the 17" snowflakes.
Adam C
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ideal Liam, I'll speak to him soon to sort out a new set as the LMF ones have been adjusted to full length and they're still catching and knocking away.

Oh whats happened with the 18's?? I had an idea of going for a set of customized BBS LM replica's in 18's but wasn't 100% set on them yet, was it just the look or was it the handling thats making you go back to 17's?

Cheers Liam

Simon_16v

3rd Jun 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the back wheels spaced out slightly it would look spot on mate

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing. 24 database queries in 0.0322978 seconds