corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.
Liam

User status: Offline
6th Jun 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure tbh, I'm thinking of contacting the previous owner tbh.
.dean.

7th Jun 10 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .dean.
touching wood! lol

didnt touch it very well
Adam C
Premium Member

7th Jun 10 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
touching wood! lol

didnt touch it very well

Uh oh, whats happened?

Went to the garage just now, the guy who worked on my car panic'd abit when we mentioned it then swiftly dissapeared, even the guy on reception could tell he was lieing still he gave me back my old map sensor as the new one has a different part number and they would like it back.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
.dean.

7th Jun 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parked up at a petrol station and it just spat all its water out! stupid car, and i broke my mobile trying to fix it so was a great night! going to try to look at it when i get home! hope its somthing simple so it can go pvs
.dean.

24th Jun 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everything running ok now?
Adam C
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit and miss really dean
Even with the eml off and the actuator adjusted back it still feels like the car is really flat, maybe due to the couple of hours i had it running at 1 bar got me used to more power, and the fact it boosts straight to 0.6bar now with no overboost it doesnt feel as nice to drive.

I preffered it when the car used to overboost but isn't doing it anymore, maybe because I tightened the nuts up on the actuator instead of leaving one slightly higher up? not sure but thats the only reason i can think for it not doing it anymore.

Otherwise its driving fine, exhaust is leaking, manifold gasket has gone and im still yet to get the cambelt, tensioners and waterpump done as the pump is leaking.
I still also need to replace some coolant pipes due to leaking and the drive belt is also in need or replacement

Sounds like a hefty bill coming soon, problem is I don't trust any garage for sh*t after whats happened.

Did you cure your problem dean?

.dean.

24th Jun 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh was a quick fix, blow a hole in the heater matrix to water pump pipe so quick call to vauxhall and fixed the next day! pulled a 13.7 on the 1/4 aswell dont think the bolts should be loose on the actuator, mabey turn the boost up slightly?
Adam C
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal, glad it wasn't anything serious and nice time on the run

Whats next for it dean?

.dean.

24th Jun 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im trying to get a quaffe diff in for usc! who come you didnt going to pvs was looking for u!
Adam C
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt the car would make it that far I would have gone to combe in August but on holiday so can't make it, will be going to combe alot more often and maybe trax next year.

.dean.

24th Jun 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go billing next month!
Adam C
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

won't be going billing Im afraid, Ive been invited to devon car show so may go to that

Pete_vxl

24th Jun 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your due a big bit of luck soon. I would have gave up by now if i was you
Adam C
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully pete, theres been a reason why Ive been looking at E36 M3's

The temptation to get all the parts in and do it myself is massive, trusting any garage again is going to be very hard.
Ive only done cambelt's on 8v's though, never attempted a 16v before.

Adam C
Premium Member

6th Dec 10 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE 6/12/10

Well its been a while

Long story short back in June I had been working at Halfords for 5 years and hadn't really gotten anywhere, i had been promised more hours, not full time but the extra money would have helped, unfortunatly things didn't work out and I was dropped down to 7 hours a week which was a complete joke, to sort my head out I went on a weeks holiday to Lanzarote which was a much needed break, and on my return within a week I had a full time job with decent pay and a much better place to work overall, and its in walking distance so I don't have to use the car everyday

So after I paid off a few debts I started treating the car to a few bits.

Firstly purchased myself TX Autosports coolant hose kit, only managed to fit the 2 coming off the header tank so far but will fit the rest when I get round to it

Then some GM Headlight protectors

Along with some Heko wind deflectors

Then this happened..

An expense I could have done without but now have a nice new screen with a top tint

As with getting older i've grown out of subwoofers so just wanted a better set of door components to keep me happy, and ideally wanted to get the crossover off of the door card.
So i settled for a set of JBL GT 500c's which I've found to be perfect so far.

A comparison of the Vibe cross over compared to the JBL.

Next up some GM mudflaps

And then onto the exciting parts, had a couple of these boxes turn up

And inside..

Along with a few polished bits, a new painted rocker cover and spark plug cover I gave the engine bay a bit of a makeover, also gave the new plenum a coat of black paint to make it look more oem.

Then this turned up

And straight onto fitting, if anyone is planning to fit this kit, I would highly recommend the VXR lower radiator mounts, really helped with fitting and I only paid £13 from Autovaux so worth the investment.

Unfortunatly I broke down after a boost pipe popped off, after an hour of arranging for breakdown cover with both the AA and Adrian Flux which where both useless I ended up getting a mate to tow me home.

Then first thing this morning and all of ten minutes work and shes back up and running

Thats all for now, pay rise next month so more progress to follow

ChrisBoom

6th Dec 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, agreed with the VXR rad mounts, I couldn't get my bumper on properly without them!
swissxe

6th Dec 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks realy smart
Adam C
Premium Member

6th Dec 10 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, I have no idea how anyone has managed to fit the bumper back on with this FMIC kit and without these mounts, if I didn't have the mounts Im sure I would have been screwed even if I did trim the bumper.

corsaadzy

7th Dec 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good adz.. will have a good look at it tonight at the meet .. fall in love with all your cars for some reason .. fancy doing mine up for me? aha
alan t

7th Dec 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate, noticed any difference with running the front mount intercooler?

just read the whole thread, doesnt seem like you've had much luck with the car. fair play to you for sticking with it though and hopefully you'll get some better luck with it.
Adam C
Premium Member

8th Dec 10 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give me some cash and I'll give it a go Adz

Cheers Alan, gave it a good drive today, pulls alot harder and enjoying the feeling of being put back in your seat again, would be so much better with a new turbo and a remap buts thats all to come

.dean.

8th Dec 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like my old astra lol
Adam C
Premium Member

8th Dec 10 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't copy at all

Old Astra? Have you sold it?

corsaadzy

8th Dec 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aha .. you got any ideas i could do to mine?? .. n i hear a congrats is in order for last night winning best car there
Pete_vxl

8th Dec 10 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss mine! Looking really nice now.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing. 24 database queries in 0.1142190 seconds