corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th May 10 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We doubled checked the boost pipes and all are on tightly so have ruled that out, im pretty sure there is a leak on the exhaust manifold gasket and on the pre-cat pipe but the blowing sound go's as soon as the car is up to temperature so thats another thing to sort out too,

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
frostyD

25th May 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tighgten up all the manifold studs

[Edited on 25-05-2010 by frostyD]
Adam C
Premium Member

25th May 10 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're all rusted to fook so im just going to hold out until i get a vxr unit

Its been down at the garage for a few hours and they just called to tell me that the 'Turbo Boost Actuator sensor' is at fault, they can't get the part until friday so will be a few more days until its hopefully back to normal

.dean.

28th May 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any luck?
Adam C
Premium Member

29th May 10 at 02:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE 29/05/2010 - Fixed and more boost?

Well went to the garage and they did what they said they would do, replaced the dud sensor and let one of the mechanics who I trusted take it for a spin. came back and said that the car still wasn't running 100% in his opinion, left it with them a bit longer and they diagnosed a fault with the map sensor, low voltage or something along those lines.

So they kindly let me borrow a working one whilst they order in a new one for me which should be here in a few days.

So onto the weird part, they promised me the car would use alot less petrol with average use and will be alot quicker, i didn't really believe it at first...

But they where true, fook me the car has changed, they said that i was more than likely sold the car like it and never noticed there was anything wrong, but they where correct Im using alot less fuel both normal town driving and flooring it which surprised me, and it feels like Ive had the car remapped

Before it would overboost to around 0.7 bar and settle at 0.5 bar, and slightly higher in the higher gears, but now it boosts at 1 Bar and overboosts slightly over 1 bar.
I don't think Ive asked any other Zlet owners what there car produces boost wise but always thought 0.5 bar was normal, I love the extra power and have been in Newquay all night with it and no problems what so ever, not sure if it should be boosting at 1 Bar but Im sure one of the Astra peeps on here can shed some light

.dean.

29th May 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 bar = 14.5037738 pounds per square inch

mines only at 16 psi, so id say thats quite high!!

take a picture of the threads at the bottom of the actuator
connollygt30

29th May 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My rs turbo went like fuck and was boosting more for a few days before my turbo shat itself
Adam C
Premium Member

29th May 10 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There you go dean

And a leaky pipe

Still not having any luck finding them in silicone so may have to purchase some standard replacements

frostyD

29th May 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a silver SRi Turbo around newquay ?
Adam C
Premium Member

29th May 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think so mate, seen the same one in Newquay and St Austell in the last 2 weeks.
Pro drive kit, drilled and grooved discs all round, first time I spotted it was on Penta's but last time I saw it was on some aftermarket 5 spokes.
There is a few Astra Turbo's around these parts, mostly coupes.

frostyD

29th May 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok, not the right one. Would have been really low on standard black turbo wheels. sounds lovely and is a quick car.

Your boost seems fine now maybe a psi on the high side but will be fine, your ecu will put it into limp mode if it doesnt like it aslong as your on standard map.

[Edited on 29-05-2010 by frostyD]
Adam C
Premium Member

29th May 10 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure Ive seen that aswell, was last year sometime when I still had the Corsa, in Newquay alot and going there tonight so will keep an eye out for it.
Yea did 100 miles last night and the car was spot on, no warning lights and drove perfect.

frostyD

29th May 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea probably the one.

Yeah it will be fine then.
Adam C
Premium Member

30th May 10 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke too soon, warning lights back on and the car went into limp mode for around half an hour, wouldn't let me go over 70ish mph and kept cutting power when coming onto boost, lights been on all night but it did come out of limp mode but still cut power when flooring it and then resumed full power a second later, did a pedal test and got the code 1106, so googled it and it relates back to the map sensor again, but says its likely to be something else thats causing it.

Other sites suggest it could be a faulty AFM, boost pressure sensor which I have had replaced, sticking actuator or a faulty wastegate.
Then Ive also heard things like oil in the boost pipes getting into the sensors and making them not read properly and also heard about some sort of bad earth and people do a modifcation to get a better earth.

Its alot to look into I think, and considering the MAP and Boost pressure sensor have been replaced I need to look into it abit further and cover everything.

Warren G

30th May 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bring it up and il sort it then map it
frostyD

30th May 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wind the actuator back a couple of turns and check the wastegate still moves freely
Adam C
Premium Member

30th May 10 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't touched the actuater since owning the car, and warren its being left on the drive as I have a list to go through of things it could be, type in 'z20let p1106' into google and soo many people have had the same problem, few replied with having fixed it but turned out to be different things everytime.

So far the list consists of:
.Check boost pipes for oil
.Check wastegate to see if its faulty
.Have AFM checked
.Have both BCS's checked
.Look into Earth mod which people on other sites have mentioned

And there is likely more to be added to that list.

Adam C
Premium Member

2nd Jun 10 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it all went abit tits up today, eml went off yesterday then came back on today, at first I thought it went into limp mode but the car just lost all power, liked i had dipped the clutch and was just rolling on, had to stop at a roundabout and pull over.
Turned the car off and on again and I could just about get it to move and managed the journey home.

Really doing my nut in so switching my insurance policy over to my old mans Vectra Gsi and use that for the time being, and the Astra can sit on the drive until its been fixed which is probably going to be a while

dan-sport

3rd Jun 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you taking it back to the garage then?
Warren G

3rd Jun 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecu
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 10 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warren
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Jun 10 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished doing the earth mod, eml is still on but the car drove fine, full power on tap and gave it abit of a run and everything seemed normal.
Its booked in for another session with the garage this Monday so just trying to do the bits I can do myself before it goes back.

Pete_vxl

3rd Jun 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is pish. Hope its fixed soon mate. If it makes u feel any better my handbrake wont hold my rear wheels! And according to my boost gauge im boosting to 20 psi on standard ecu and engine
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Jun 10 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
that is pish. Hope its fixed soon mate. If it makes u feel any better my handbrake wont hold my rear wheels! And according to my boost gauge im boosting to 20 psi on standard ecu and engine

Bit of a bummer, hope you get yours sorted mate, Im int he same boost, its always boosted at 0.5 bar, as soon as I get the map and bcs sensors replaced it starts hitting 1 bar and slightly higher

ChrisBoom

3rd Jun 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is this earth mod? I cant seem to find anything about it. Mine is running fine atm so I don't need it anyways.

Hope you find out what's up with it, as I said before, get op-com, its so useful for diagnostics

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing. 24 database queries in 0.1277549 seconds