corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 09 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did you pay mate?, whts the door handle idea??
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it for £26, as far as i'm aware it's an official Opel/Vauxhall and irmscher spoiler as it's got a GM number on it, which is linked to an Irmscher number. Couldn't find much info on it though so could be wrong. As for the door handles, i've had the notion of spraying the black plastics (would save on back to blacking all the while :lol and have been debating keeping them the same colour. Colour coding them is always an option though, i've not got anything set solid in my head at the minute.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Sep 09 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trial fitted the spoiler today, just taped it on to get an idea. Here's some pics - what d'ya reckon?

I quite likey

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

3rd Sep 09 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuckin Ace!!!

Spoiler looks smart as Bro

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Sep 09 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoiler has been fitted, and i tell you, what a 'mare it was. All sorted now though. Will get some pics when i can find a decent camera cos i'm sure you're all getting bored of the crappy phone pics by now . Also sprayed the wiper arms to tidy them up in preperation for the aero wipers as they were a bit rusty. Just need to find some corsa c smoked side indicators and a tigra scuttle for now.

Need to sort out my speakers too cos the front passenger side has blown and sounds proper crap. It is the autoleads 130mm speaker adaptors i need to fit different speakers right? And the speaker size is 165mm isn't it? Is there any trouble with fitting certain speakers with electric window models and stuff or is there no issues with interference between speakers and windows rails? Also, any recommendations for speakers? I quite like some JBL ones

/end question time essay

FAZ
Premium Member

6th Sep 09 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive gone down the vibe root, 13cm is standard i think, so adaptors are needed for largewr speakers, i THINK, also i doubt leccy windows will interfere tht much mate, cheap and cheerful, spoiler looks good mate

i suggest a 5dr meet / photoshoot sometime

stu? karisma? sebbyg (SP)?

[Edited on 06-09-2009 by FAZ]
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

6th Sep 09 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAZ count me in!

spoiler looks schweet bro

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Sep 09 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how fars coventry from northants??

40miles at the most, hmmmm might pop in when ive settled into uni

stu_c

6th Sep 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
ive gone down the vibe root, 13cm is standard i think, so adaptors are needed for largewr speakers, i THINK, also i doubt leccy windows will interfere tht much mate, cheap and cheerful, spoiler looks good mate

i suggest a 5dr meet / photoshoot sometime

stu? karisma? sebbyg (SP)?

hmm my 5 door is coming off the road hopefully at end of month for a re-spray so i might not be able to
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Sep 09 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awwwww , what colour? or just a tidy up?
stu_c

6th Sep 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
awwwww , what colour? or just a tidy up?

just a tidy up gotta be clean for pvs2010 now
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers FAZ hopefully have the speakers sorted soon-ish, the rattle of the broken cone's doing my head in >.< lol. 5 door meet sounds good too when/if everyone is up for it.

Hopefully i'll be able to meet everyone and stuff at PVS next year .

Anyway, went out and took a few snaps with my bro's camera earlier and got a few good ones so here they are

maberz

7th Sep 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know when this 5 door meet is happenin ill come along n represent the 3 doors. might have the new engine in by then
Richardhhha

7th Sep 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice looking more door mate

one thin i noticed tho is its got the wrong back box as it looks like its got the pea shooter exhaust.... should ahve the Sport's exhaust which has the square tip.
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you'll be kept up to date if the meet happens maberz

Cheers Richard seen your build thread, you've put a lot of work into yours, it looks like it's coming together quite nicely dude. and it used to have the square tip exhaust but the system was rusted to fuck and blowing so had to buy a new center section and just stuck my bro's old pea shooter on for now hopefully get a new decent exhaust when i have the funds/decide what sorta exhaust to go for lol.

Richardhhha

7th Sep 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i got a SS janspeed one thats sitting in my dads shed up for sale as i dought i'll ever be able to plonk a 2.0 into my more door now so going to make it look nice and clean and keep it relitively standard, so got a sport cat and 3.5" janspeed exhaust up for sale if your interested

ah my cars never going to be as nice as that tbh mate needs a full respray to get it as clean as yours so just tarting her up atm
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, how much you reckon you'll be wanting for it? Just out of curiosity, dunno if i have the funds to be spending at the minute.

You're putting the effort in though, mad props to ya for doing that, i was lucky i got a pretty clean base, well chuffed with it

Richardhhha

7th Sep 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the center and rear i'd be loking at £120 (was £399 new) and for the sport cat about £60 (was £160 new)
Richardhhha

7th Sep 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im putting the effort in but the bloody thing is fighting me every step of the way i tell you...

after i finnish the permenent blacking of the front end i need to take the wings off and sort out the rust...
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Sep 09 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a think about it dude

That's always the way isnt it but good luck with it mate

Aero wipers came today and are on, much more tidy

am4nf

8th Sep 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iyou got the aero wipers from ebay you got a link?
Paul W
Premium Member

8th Sep 09 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSCH-AERO-FLAT-Wiper-Blades-VAUXHALL-CORSA-B-TIGRA-MK1_W0QQitemZ270451916471QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef830beb7&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Richardhhha

8th Sep 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read your thinking about spraying the black plastics.. good idea

i've been doing this and its far better then having to keep putting bumper treatments on the thing
Paul W
Premium Member

18th Sep 09 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, little pointless update. Got some new things - Leather gear and handbrake gaiter with green stitching. Post 97 boot lock surround. Steiny splitter off Dangsi on here, top bloke. Gotta colour code the boot lock surround along with my mirrors, scuttle etc. Also gotta decide what i'm gonna do with the splitter, it's been colour coded today as my dad thought i wanted it sprayed oh wells. Gotta get a post 97 bumper. Fitted the gear gaiter a treat, looks nice, havn't tried the handbrake gaiter, as i dunno how to do it. Any help? lol looks a right 'mere anyway.

[Edited on 18-09-2009 by Paul W]

Paul W
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the handbrake gaiter fitted today. Bro called me insane cos i had to take passenger seat out and pretty much all the trim just to get to the gaiter surround thing . Here's some pics.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.2056651 seconds