corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Black GSi Rep - *Washed it, Puntured it, Land Rover home! :D*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Black GSi Rep - *Washed it, Puntured it, Land Rover home! :D*
Chris x

User status: Offline
   3rd Aug 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, where do I start? I use to have a 1.2 8v Corsa K reg. Was given it by my Great Aunt when it had only done 44000 miles. Managed to crash it 3times, put 17’s on it, chavy sunstrip, chavy exhaust and really managed to mess it right up, sold It to my Girlfriend reading 61000miles. I started an apprenticeship September 2007 and decided after nearly a year of driving 50miles a day to work and back it was just to slow! (Pics of the car in my garage)

So I bought this 1.6 16v Sport on the 6th of October 2008. I paid £2000 for it with FSH, 3months warranty, 56000 miles. I paid a little over the odds but the warranty/low mileage and original CD player kind of hinted that it hadn’t been molested to badly. So I picked it up from Oxford and enjoyed the drive home.

Since then, I have changed the car a lot. I will try and list down all the things I have done with pics etc so here we go!

Pics of the car off the Auto Trader advert:

I don’t have any outside pictures as there on my computer at home.

Some pics of the car when I got home, I debagged the rear and the sport bits on the doors. Gave it a quick polish also:

One of the Sport with my old car:

First thing I did when I got the car home was get a new cambelt and water pump fitted for peace of mind. I also had the rear brake bias part changed as the rear wheels would lock on hard braking. This was replaced under warranty! &#61514;

Anyway, after reading though the site and getting a general feel I noticed people’s fascination with Speedline Alessio alloy wheels. I loved the look of them so bought a second hand set of 5 off C4RLO on here. 4 had Yoko A539’s and the spare had a brand new Goodyear Eagle F1. All 195/45/R16. I then fitted them with it looking like a bit of a tractor!

Had them on for a while but lost one if the badges on the centre cap. Had it like that for awhile until I bought another one off someone on here:

After leaving it a few months I added some flat blade wipers and a punto rear wiper just generally keeping it clean. I also had a new windscreen put in as when I bought the car it had a stone chip in it. The new one also had the blue tint at the top which I really wanted so result all round! Pics:

One of the punto rear wiper next to my granddads AMG:

I also fitted some bonnet lifters and a K&N cone filter! :

Anyway I had the car for around 5months and put about 7000 miles on it which bought the mileage up to around 63000 without having any problems, touch wood!

Driving back from work one evening a woman pulled out on me in a bright yellow smart car on a roundabout scraping the wing, alloy and bumper and cracking the brackets to one of the lights!

The car ended up getting written off; luckily they didn’t record it though. I got £1200 for the car and I was allowed to keep it! Pics of crash:

With the money in my pocket I started finally sorting the car out.

I added:

Coilovers
Depo’s
Sportex Exhaust
Rear lights
Smoked side repeaters
GSi kit (I picked the front bumper up from the local scrappy for £30 with splitter and fogs) I got the old rear bumper of my old white Corsa and bought some new arches off e-bay and got them all sprayed up!
Toyo Proxes T1R’s 195/40/R16

Think that was it, anyway,

Pics:

I made up a bracket at work and glued it on as it had been snapped off at some point in its life. Managed to get the block off wood stuck to the bumper aswell, luckily I eventually managed to pull it off without breaking the bumper, left a few witness marks though!

Before:

During:

Depo’s bought of Stu C of here!

After with front bumper and arches put on, also see the smoked side repeaters:

Rear end all assembled with exhaust, lights, bumper and arches:

Whist the car was stripped I removed all rust, painted it and under sealed to keep the car rot free:

With the car looking how I wanted it, just kept it clean for a while, I also bought a show plate for the front, thanks to Sean B for info on where to get one:

I smartened up the rear abit with a new, fresher number plate and the number plate light:

Before:

After

A few things I added over the year since I’ve had the car:

Also added a new leather gear gaiter:

Since all that I added front and rear mud flaps at the weekend, wind deflectors and a new stereo as the rip speed one I had was total shit. I also removed the PS2.

It passed its MOT about 3weeks ago and turned 71000miles this week, without any problems apart from the EML popping up last week. Its getting plugged in on Friday to get that sorted.

I will post more pics up of mud flaps, wind deflectors at the weekend.

Don’t really have much more planned for it. Wouldn’t mind some *Steinman* (don’t now how you spell that) side skirts and getting the inlet modification. Just keep it clean and keep adding the 350miles a week to it!

Anyway, enjoy!

[Edited on 14-12-2009 by Chris Corsa B]
Jamie_Hastings1

3rd Aug 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't think that would be a write off.

And its Steinmetz mate.
N16K

3rd Aug 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good.
LeeHadfield

3rd Aug 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it mate
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Aug 09 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1200 didnt go to waste
noshua

3rd Aug 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks 8)
Nathan Ck

4th Aug 09 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tidy Looking Car mate
Jamie-C

4th Aug 09 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice mate, only thing I would change is the back lights!
Pete_vxl

4th Aug 09 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely car
Corsa_Quadz

4th Aug 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front reminds me of Luke D's old sport

Nice looking car
stu_c

4th Aug 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it so far mate
Sean-B

4th Aug 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Quadz
The front reminds me of Luke D's old sport

Nice looking car

The front reminds me of my sport
Davidkent

4th Aug 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So where did the small front plate come from? lol...

Looks really good mate.
Amazed that was a write off... if mine gets hit, I'm stuffed lol
bracey123

5th Aug 09 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this car mate its sooo shiny haha keep up the gd work
Chris x

8th Aug 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the comments!
Chris x

8th Aug 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, a few weekends ago I under sealed the arches of the car and the underside of the car. Also painted the brakes with black hamerite to keep the car looking clean.

Before:

After:

Well as the car turned 71000miles yesterday it was 6000miles since I last changed the oil and 11000 since I changed the spark plugs. I headed down Halfords this morning and bought the oil, sparkplugs and oil filter. £40 and 1hour later and it was sorted. Well worth it!

Also gave the car a wash and wax today. Didn’t take any before or during photos. Just after:

That’s it for now! All the photos were taken on my phone so quality is shit, but you get the idea!
Nic Barnes

8th Aug 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a seriously nice looking car that
nick_sri

8th Aug 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
thats a seriously nice looking car that

x2

looks well tidy
Ben G

8th Aug 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice corsa that.

bloke over the road to me has the same car as your dads but in silver, sounds good
adz_gsi

9th Aug 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gorgeous lookin car there mate only thing id change is rear lights and use a post 97 rear bumper keep it up boss
adz
Chris x

16th Aug 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adz_gsi
gorgeous lookin car there mate only thing id change is rear lights and use a post 97 rear bumper keep it up boss
adz
I wanted the older bumper to keep with the theme of it being a GSi rep. Plus its a bit of my old car on the black corsa!

The rear lights dont do it justice in the pics, there not that bad when looking at them normally. Will keep an eye out for some smoked MHW's tho I think!
Chris x

16th Aug 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
very nice corsa that.

bloke over the road to me has the same car as your dads but in silver, sounds good
Yeh it does sound brilliant, its my Grandads btw. My dad would never buy a car like that

It originally had some brand new 20" brabus alloys when he got it. But he prefered the 18" curbed AMG alloys so had them but back on. Shame really!

Its been in and out of bodyshops due to the rear arches rusting. Luckily its covered my the Mercedes warranty tho!

I love driving it! Puts a big smile on my face!
Chris x

16th Aug 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after having a few problems with the car struggling to start and the EML popping up a few times I tried the paper clip test. Didn’t have any luck with that so went to have it plugged in properly but still now luck with that. Having said that the car has been fine for the past 3weeks, hasn’t run rough or the EML coming on. Just struggles to start now and then.

Since buying the car a year ago the battery has always gone powdery around the negative terminal. Didn’t no if it was the battery on its way out or it getting a bad earth. Trying to eliminate that as a problem I replaced the battery yesterday with a new one from Halfords. Also bought an up rated one (500amps rather than the standard 320/380amps) so it puts out a bit more punch. Mainly got that to run the sub and other things I have in the car.

Negative terminal:

New battery:

I also replaced the K&N cone filter with a K&N panel filter with the standard air box de-restricted. Didn’t no if that was maybe making the car run a little off:

The car is still running fine but still sometimes struggles to start. The starter motor will turnover but then suddenly stop, then suddenly start turning over again and the car will start. It sounds like its getting caught on something?? Don’t know if it’s a bad earth somewhere or the starter motor is on its way out??

Since having both Corsa’s I have always hated the sound of the horn. But about 2weeks ago the horn packed up and sounded even shitter so I finally got round to fitting another one! Always liked the sound of Ford mondeo horns. Went down the scrappy got one and fitted it!

Videos before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_5s-dMuY8k

After:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSCqIItkvMM

Also gave the car its weekend wash, how fun!:

That’s it for now. Next on the list is some drilled and grooved V6 brakes. Try and fill out the inside of the Speedlines a bit!
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really like this car mate and love the horn mod! Gonna have to do that to mine I reckon, sounds so much better
Mark.W

17th Aug 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very nice.mods are nice and simple and make a huge difference to the car

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Black GSi Rep - *Washed it, Puntured it, Land Rover home! :D* 23 database queries in 6.8301990 seconds