corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What's been the biggest local news near you?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What's been the biggest local news near you?
Shelly
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 09 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had terrorists working in homebase
chr15barn3s

1st Aug 09 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the London nail bomber living just around the corner really and a few doors away from a mate of mine. Few years ago now though.
K17STY

1st Aug 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from murder and drug raids Blackburn has Susan Boyle!
mooney

2nd Aug 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its really really quiet round here but September last year a woman got her head chopped off and had nearly 500 stab wounds. happened 25ft of my house,
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/09/13/revealed-wirral-siege-wife-was-beheaded-in-the-kitchen-100252-21809258/

i'd been on nights, got a phone call waking me up asking wtf was going on, i walk outside and get 10 armed response police officers running towards me screaming get back in the house,
Mobby

2nd Aug 09 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
As above.

Years ago we had a young guy called Scott Blythe who was fatally stabbed by some coloured guys for no real reason and he died on the spot outside the nightclub where it occured. I think it was the biggest news we've ever had round this area....

You surem what about the guy that got burnt in his car?? thats the latest big news iv heard from hinckly.

[Edited on 02-08-2009 by mobby]
Shelly
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 01:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had a bloke who was sending bomb threats to Tescos too not long ago, that was in the news, lives a few roads away
All Torque

2nd Aug 09 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Body dumped in local canal

Arson in next town

A big cat (puma, panther etc) on loose up local woods
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Swanwick Murder probably.

Beginning of the year a couple had a domestic, he ended up stabbing her a load of times then putting her body in her own car and dumping it at the railway station. It was found a couple of weeks later...

Also some bloke a couple of streets away went a bit bananas after losing his job. He went home and murdered his landlord because he wouldn't make him a cup of tea. Really gory murder - Beat him, Then went back later and stabbed him, Then tryed to saw off his head then smashed his body up with a lumphammer. Then he confessed all to his friend, the lad in the co-op next door (Who he told to come and see) and finally the police/papers.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Buncefield fuel depot blowing up

I remember your thread that morning

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
G_Man

2nd Aug 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dean Windass coming to play for Darlo!
Jamie-C

2nd Aug 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few rapes where I live and someone was murdered just up the road!
Colin

2nd Aug 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Had a few rapes where I live

Over friendly uncle?
Tiger

2nd Aug 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
As above.

Years ago we had a young guy called Scott Blythe who was fatally stabbed by some coloured guys for no real reason and he died on the spot outside the nightclub where it occured. I think it was the biggest news we've ever had round this area....

You surem what about the guy that got burnt in his car?? thats the latest big news iv heard from hinckly.

[Edited on 02-08-2009 by mobby]

There was a lad I went school with, we called him Busha, got stabbed and dumped in his audi in hinckley, maybe it was that one?
BluKoo

2nd Aug 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Aberdeen bus strike is at an end

will_doyle
Banned

2nd Aug 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Experienced surfer dies at beach

A 41-year-old man has died after getting into difficulty while surf skiing with his young son.

He was pulled unconscious from the water at Barricane Beach, near Woolacombe, North Devon just after 0900 BST.

Attempts were made to resuscitate him at the scene and he was airlifted to North Devon Hospital but he was pronounced dead on arrival.
SVM 286

2nd Aug 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The council stuck up a sign saying 'Canal Capital of Scotland' a self proclamation rather than a genuine title. Oh the uproar

Go paint over the C!

Done and done.
SVM 286

2nd Aug 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
Uuum a schitzophrenic lad butchering his mum with an axe then sitting patiently in the living room until the police arrived. Cracked her over the head with it while she watched t.v.

A lass being beaten to death with a metal dog chain by her junkie boyfriend.

A lad I went to school with stabbing another man 7 times, over an arguement about a bottle of buckfast.

Or the dad who butchered his two kids, one being a 20 year old disabled girl and the other a 7 year old boy, while the other son sat upstairs playing x-box with head phones on. He was none the wiser until his estranged mother arrived to pick them all up for a weekend visit only to find the other two dead in their beds.

All of that happened within a half a mile radius of me in the last three years. I live in a nice area

FFS Shells Bells!
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's just along the road from me as well

Another was about minutes from Shell's house (and for some reason she never mentioned it) was a man wandering the streets with an axe, and thinking it'd suit a man for it to be bedded into his skull. That was right outside my mate's house
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much happens where I live but when I lived in St. Helens it was rife with bad shit, a guy from liverpool had an argument with his GF when out driving (GF was foreign) so he stopped at a quiet spot in a place called Rainford, stabbed her and kicked her out the car and set her on fire. She knocked on a house for help, on fire, the people helped her but she eventually died. The guy was only young aswell.

Story here

[Edited on 02-08-2009 by DannyB]
SVM 286

2nd Aug 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
father stabs an asbo kid cause they beat his son up...father walks without even bail, the asbo kid and his friends are on bail

Makes a bleedin change.
SVM 286

2nd Aug 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Buncefield fuel depot blowing up

I remember your thread that morning

Link?
CorsAsh

2nd Aug 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in Bolton, aside from stabbings etc...

A guy blew himself up in his ex wife's front garden, and the local plastics factory (coincidentally where my parents new house is) also exploded.

Burnt so fiercely that it melted the gutters off the houses nearby and bubbled the paint on the cars.
SVM 286

2nd Aug 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
That's just along the road from me as well

Another was about minutes from Shell's house (and for some reason she never mentioned it) was a man wandering the streets with an axe, and thinking it'd suit a man for it to be bedded into his skull. That was right outside my mate's house

Good god Eck! Do you live on the bad street? You know... the one that's a little worse than the road to Basra and with more mentalists too?

Or do you just live in Racoon City?
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh it's not where I stay! I stay in a quiet village 10 minutes away. But aye, that part of Methilhill is like Iraq Where wee neddy bastards roam the streets every weekend I'm always tempted to mirror, signal, manouver right through them.
SVM 286

2nd Aug 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What's been the biggest local news near you? 23 database queries in 0.1878102 seconds