corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » MyProtein.co.uk

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MyProtein.co.uk
Wrighty

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there stuff really pound for pound no bullshit? who uses them?

i mean it looks like it but its really cheap - is it any good?

i need some creatine and im sick of paying £20 a tub for stuff so mp seems a good option..dunno wether to get CEE or Mono though.
will_doyle
Banned

22nd Jul 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use

www.bulkpowders.co.uk
johnhara1

22nd Jul 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get CEE and yes it is good.

I use them.
BarnshaW

22nd Jul 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use and have ordered protein powders and CEE and stuff and service is awesome. think i piad 7 odd quid for 180 CEE capsules.
MarkM

22nd Jul 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used them and couldn't fault there stuff.
Jake

22nd Jul 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never got myprotein.co.uk, some of their stuff works out more expensive than what you pay delivered for a few of the american brands
jaffa

22nd Jul 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are a first time custoemr enter MP23677 at checkout to get 5% off.
If you use the price matcher tool at the bottom of the page and enter www.bulkpowders.co.uk they offer some good deals.
Use them for all my stuff whey, casein, creatine, powdered oats, caffeine etc
DizzyRebel

23rd Jul 09 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously creatine isnt worth a wank, the money you pay for it you may as well save it and buy gear with it as the gains will be better and it will be better for your guts. Get some whey for a 50g hit post training and then casein for a 50g hit before bed and as far as suppliments go if you use them anymore than that then you are just wasting your time!

My protein stuff is ok but i still rate phd as the best commercial and botest as the best batch american stuff.

[Edited on 23-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Wrighty

23rd Jul 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Seriously creatine isnt worth a wank, the money you pay for it you may as well save it and buy gear with it as the gains will be better and it will be better for your guts. Get some whey for a 50g hit post training and then casein for a 50g hit before bed and as far as suppliments go if you use them anymore than that then you are just wasting your time!

My protein stuff is ok but i still rate phd as the best commercial and botest as the best batch american stuff.

[Edited on 23-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]

no offence, but TBH i arnt bothered what any else says about what i take because its my body and i know i lack strength when i dont take creatine before weights therefore il carry on taking it as I can feel a benefit
DizzyRebel

23rd Jul 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a placebo effect, creatine doesnt even give strength boosts the idea is it helps shuttle more protein into muscle fibres when exposed to amino acids so if anything you want to be taking bcca's pre training instead as they actually do give gains if used correctly. Creatine is marketed as a recovery aid not a performance aid, and it doesnt work as either. None of the pros or competing bodybuilders use creatine because they know that their muscles are already saturated with it,

If i marketed some super xplode strength pills with nothing but sugar in them and sold them at £30 a tub people would buy them and report strength gains because they think they have an aid but in reality its a placebo.

Proof is i sold my mate some paracetomols in an oxymetholone tub and told them these would make him lots stronger and sure enough he was lifting more weight... and if 2 paracetomol a day gives you strength boosts then im onto a winner.

Take the advice and dont waste your money. If you want strength increases from potions and pills sort yourself out a decent course of steroids, otherwise stick to training hard and eating big.
BarnshaW

24th Jul 09 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually i agree with what dizzyrebel has to say, but i will admit i started using CEE capsules, 6 a day, 3 before and 3 after training and i can confirm 100% i was able to lift much more then previously. diet was still big, the only thing that changed was i started these and i was lifting nearly upto 25% more in most areas... but yes, to see major gains a safe decent anabolic setup would see you do better (value for money wise) Also with regards to steroids being less harmful to the liver i am yet to see any evidence to support that creating is damaging?

[Edited on 24-07-2009 by BarnshaW]
Jake

24th Jul 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used creatine about 4 years ago and drinking about a gallon of water a day i put on about 4kg of weight. water retention is one of the side effects of creatine although back then most people who used it did claim it increased their strength and these were dudes who didnt have their heads in the clouds.
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously creatine does nothing. Lets put things into perspective a bit:

It takes around 22 years for the human body to develop. Say the average male is 5ft 10 weighing 75kg. About 30% of that weight is muscle, so thats what 20-22kg of muscle in 22 years - about a kg of muscle a year.

So in relation to that, do you really thing a wonder powder called creatine (something thats ALREADY saturated within your own muscles and is obtainied from eating red meat) will allow you to put on muscle at 4 times the regular rate your body can do it? Not a chance, it does squat and is a waste of money.

The only thing that will help you grow faster than the normal rate are steroids. Now steroids are not a magic potion, simply taking steroids wont make you grow they are simply another link in the chain of an already sound programme of training and diet. Its also worth noting that steroids are nothing other than copies of hormones already present in your body, when you take them you are simply adding more of the hormones associated with growth and repair to your body but for them to work you need to train hard enough and eat enough to fuel the recovery and growth they can induce.

So seriously stop wasting money on stuff like creatine and other growth gimmicks. The only 2 suppliments you should use are protein powders and steroids. But there is no point using them if you arent training your cock off and eating properly in the first place as they just wont work.

[Edited on 25-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]
John

25th Jul 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It takes around 22 years for the human body to develop. Say the average male is 5ft 10 weighing 75kg. About 30% of that weight is muscle, so thats what 20-22kg of muscle in 22 years - about a kg of muscle a year.

... allow you to put on muscle at 4 times the regular rate your body can do it?

I don't know anything about creatine but thats one of the most unsound arguments I've heard for anything ever
Gavin
Premium Member

25th Jul 09 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back to the original question

I've brought stuff from myProtein.co.uk and been impressed with their products and service.

pew pew pew pewwwww
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

... allow you to put on muscle at 4 times the regular rate your body can do it?

Think you might have read it out of context, my grammar isnt the best but its a sound argument and more importantly the truth

I don't know anything about creatine but thats one of the most unsound arguments I've heard for anything ever
John

25th Jul 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's nothing to do with the grammar.

You can't say a normal growing child makes X muscle per year, therefore you can only put on Y per year as an adult, that's just not true.
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but i can safely assume that under normal circumstances using national averages as a guideline it takes 22 years to add 20-25kg of muscle naturally which works out an average of one kilo a year. obviously puberty may grow a few more pounds but the general rate of muscle growth stays linear.

My argument is that a simple food suppliment that's already present in the body and is also readily available from red meat, taken in surplus amounts will not give an average of 4 times the natural growth rate on its own.

The only stuff that makes you grow at an accelrated rate, assuming training and diet are sufficient are steroids - no food suppliment can replicate the growth rate of them so claims of 4kg of muscle mass from creatine alone are not to be taken seriously. 4kg of water retention yes, but 4kg of muscle mass from vreatine is impossible.

[Edited on 25-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Jake

25th Jul 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first of all, show me where i claimed to have gained 4kg in muscle mass - that is presuming you're talking about what i said. after dropping creatine i lost 2kg so i did put on some weight while using it, whether or not creatine helped that gain i dont know, maybe i should have read through all the articles on bb.com to find out. Thirdly to get a 5gram serving of creatine from red meat you'll have to eat a hell of alot more than one teaspoon of meat to get anywhere near that.

Out of interest do you get all this info off the net or are you actually in the lab finding out this shit for yourself?
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of its common sense and reading previous medical reports etc as well as personal experience and experience of professional body builders.

Ive already explained that your own muscles are already saturated with creatine and on its own is not worth a wank as your body cannot take in what it already has. The only time your muscles can use the creatine stored in them is when they are exposed to amino acids which are only released during intense training sessions.

Surplus creatine will go in one hole and out the other, even more proof for you is my friend who won the nabba universe title a while back was sposored by a suppliments company who gave hime shit loads of free creatine. After using $200 worth a week for a month off cycle he saw no gains so its safe to say the shit doesnt work at the lower end or the upper end of the spectrum
Jake

25th Jul 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being funny mate but why/how the fuck would anyone use 200$ of creatine a week when say the recommended dose per day is 3g and the average tub costs about 25£? You mentioning the placebo affect is NOT concrete evidence that creatine does'nt work.
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WHen your a 20 stone bodybuilder, reccommended doses dont mean anything to you he would just munch on them like sweets. Placebo effect wasnt evidence, but the fact your muscles are already saturated with useless creatine is surely enough to make you realise anymore of the stuff isnt going to make an impact either.
Jake

25th Jul 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it didnt make an impact what else would have caused water retention? fish fingers?
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it causes water retention yes, but who the hell wants water retention?
Dan
Premium Member

25th Jul 09 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plants?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » MyProtein.co.uk 24 database queries in 0.2102771 seconds