corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powerflex bushes and later tie bar mounts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powerflex bushes and later tie bar mounts?
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
18th Jul 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone ever fitted power flex bushes to the later corsa tie bar mounts? Its a one piece bush and included a extra dome washer. I have built it all up and it has a excessive amount of play.

Here is a small vid of the pos, powerflex include no instructions as to what way the extra dome washer should be fitted. Fucking loosers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLNV1PnVmk
J200RSA

18th Jul 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rick i'm sure on mine the washer is on the other side, ill go check now and get you a pic, give me 2mins

theres how mine are fitted and i have no play in them. hope that helps

[Edited on 18-07-2009 by J200RSA]
gsiwannabe

18th Jul 09 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello mate just watched your video. and the washer thats infront of the nuts is the wrong way around. if you turn it round it should be fine mate if i remember right the washer is slightly domed.
Rick Draper

18th Jul 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks like it needs the standard washer fitted on the rear side as it could pull through under braking.
Cossie

18th Jul 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had similar problem but mine was not playing exesive like that but I could feel when braking was something wrong powerflex sent me the front washer as I did not have a front washer but problem still there. I could fit my older corsa front tie bar mount (smaller) which where also with powerflesh bushes but as searching on the net found out that vauxhall changed front tie bar to larger ones for better handling so I did not fit the older version for now. maybe you can contact powerflex as I did maybe they will change there bush design
Rick Draper

18th Jul 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cossie
I had similar problem but mine was not playing exesive like that but I could feel when braking was something wrong powerflex sent me the front washer as I did not have a front washer but problem still there. I could fit my older corsa front tie bar mount (smaller) which where also with powerflesh bushes but as searching on the net found out that vauxhall changed front tie bar to larger ones for better handling so I did not fit the older version for now. maybe you can contact powerflex as I did maybe they will change there bush design

I emailed them earlier. TBH its a pretty gash design.
Cossie

18th Jul 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you sent him a video link ?
Rick Draper

18th Jul 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but i will do when i get a reply
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jul 09 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J200RSA
theres how mine are fitted and i have no play in them. hope that helps

That looks a bit wrong to me! The nut should bolt the washer down, not the bush!
Ste
Premium Member

18th Jul 09 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danger danger j200.

you need a big washer behind that nut on the bush or it will pull through!

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Rick Draper

18th Jul 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has removed the stock corsa washer and fitted the powerflex supplied washer in its place. The original corsa washer should be retained in its standard position and the powerflex dome washer fitted on the front, dome out so as to squash the bush as you tighten it it would seem.
Cossie

19th Jul 09 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your front washer must be turned as it is in a form of cone.

New Poll