corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iphone OS 3.0

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iphone OS 3.0
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
I've never used an older iPhone, but the combo of OS 3.0 and the 3GS hardware is rather quick. Not sure what you found to be slow? It certainly needed MMS before I bought one...

It's all a matter of opinion which is "better". I was tempted by the Pre/Touch HD, but the initial Pre reviews weren't great and unfortunately I've been scarred by WinMo.

I used to be so anti-Apple/iPhone. Hate to say it but I'm converted, and I've got enough crap for it already at work

just the general responsivness of the apps, opening a sms message for instance seems to take a few seconds, yet one of the major downflaws of HTC devices people picked up on was the slow responsiveness of the pre-installed firmware, it just seemed the iphone was at the least as slow but possibly slower when changing screens, opening new apps ect.

dont get me wrong there nice i just dont get the hype surrounding them and i deffo dont understand why people will spend £250 odd with a substansial monthly contract also.

As for the tomtom software, well the retail of the pocket pc version is around £90 so i would expect the iphone to be more than that, would be very shocked if its less.
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Jun 09 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok. Animation aside mine is instant to open messages, emails, etc. Assume that's a combination of OS 3.0 and the 3GS hardware - I've never used a 3G so couldn't comment. Maybe it'll slow down when I have a few hundred messages...

I might try and find someone in the office with a Touch HD out of curiousity.
Bart

23rd Jun 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
I've never used an older iPhone, but the combo of OS 3.0 and the 3GS hardware is rather quick. Not sure what you found to be slow? It certainly needed MMS before I bought one...

It's all a matter of opinion which is "better". I was tempted by the Pre/Touch HD, but the initial Pre reviews weren't great and unfortunately I've been scarred by WinMo.

I used to be so anti-Apple/iPhone. Hate to say it but I'm converted, and I've got enough crap for it already at work

lol me too.
I think there is alot of Anti Apple going on and its easy to jump on that bandwagon and go with the flow.. you assume people who own apple devices just own them because of the name.

The brand aside, my 3G is the best phone i've ever owned and I look forward to eventually getting the 3GS
ed

25th Jun 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have met a lot of people who need smart phones for their work. These are people like business men, surgeons and doctors who own their own private practices. They all seem to have iPhones. In fact, I went to an RSM conference a while ago, all the surgeons and doctors there had iPhones

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by ed]
A2H GO

25th Jun 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

just the general responsivness of the apps, opening a sms message for instance seems to take a few seconds, yet one of the major downflaws of HTC devices people picked up on was the slow responsiveness of the pre-installed firmware, it just seemed the iphone was at the least as slow but possibly slower when changing screens, opening new apps ect.

dont get me wrong there nice i just dont get the hype surrounding them and i deffo dont understand why people will spend £250 odd with a substansial monthly contract also.

As for the tomtom software, well the retail of the pocket pc version is around £90 so i would expect the iphone to be more than that, would be very shocked if its less.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/24/iphone-3gs-tops-t-mobile-g1-and-palm-pre-in-javascript-benchmarks/
ssj_kakarot

25th Jun 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i said ive only played with the older iphone models, not the newer spec version with imporvoded OS and faster internals, kind of stands to reason the new one would be faster.

not to mention all those bench marks have been conducted with standard firmware.
ed

25th Jun 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone knows too much. I've noticed when adding phone numbers from iPhone users from an SMS it saves the number using iPhone as the title...
StueyBoy1989

26th Jun 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so is it worth spending out the extra £100 for the iphone 3gs or just getting a iphone 3g 16gb for 100 pound? i'm considering either at the mo.
ed

26th Jun 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently there will be more resource hungry apps released in the future which will rely on the more powerful hardware, which sounds like a highly likely proposition... It might be worth it?
Tim
Site Administrator

27th Jun 09 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think so. 16Gb 3GS cost me £87 more than an 8Gb 3G would have. Definitely worth the extra storage and speed. Compass is kinda cool, and Voice Control surprisingly accurate
ed

27th Jun 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For an extra £87 i'd get the 3GS too...

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll