corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Future plannage

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Future plannage
Colin

User status: Offline
30th May 09 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think we've had a post like this for a while?

Where are you at with your current motor(s), whats your plans for them & what are you wanting next!?

I'll go :

2005 BMW M3 -

Owned - 2 months & covered about 3k miles. Love it lots, its a machine like none other ive owned!!

Plans - Getting on top of bits to start with, im due rear tyres soon & an inspection II (belts etc) service in 5k. Theres some paint on the drivers side thats had a bad repair previously that im not 100% happy with so will look into getting it done again....maybe get the whole side sprayed!! Alloys will maybe then come next. I plan to keep this a good while..........2-3 years.

After that I live in hope that Audi R8's come down to around 35-40k-ish & I can get one of those to replace the beemer, or possibly a 997 Porsche.

I'll do Jades (as she wont!) :

2006 Mini One Convertible -

Owned for about 7-8 months, had wheels, tints & quad lamps. No further plans for this one.

Possibly being replaced by a cooper S convertible in the near future - its currently in debate!!

Which leaves this little chappy -

Jades 1st car, we've owned this for about 3yrs, been alot of problems one after another. Ive stripped most of the bits off of it to get to the rust & have all my welding gear now ready to start, Im off for a month over July-August so will be cracking into it then. Get all the bodywork done 1st. A bit of paintwork will need to follow, I think i'll do all the prep work then get it through an mot & then get someone who knows what their doing to do the paint. I like having a go but draw the line there!

Im then going to rebuild the engine, as it smokes a bit, remove the loom & try & source a new one as its got electrical faults & has had old security devices at some point that now do more harm than good. Then do the brakes as there shot & get the wee beasty back on the road!! I hate this car but im determined not to lose my rag & give up.

Thats my lot. Who's next.............................
C00RSA

30th May 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently got no car but am looking into possibly buying another Corsa.

If I do it'll be a 1.6 16v, plans will be :

Pi 50mm lowering kit
Ebay inlet manifold
K&N panel filter
Derestricted airbox
Straight through centre section exhaust
Custom back box
Slated grille
dean101287

30th May 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my gsi a couple of weeks ago...

Plan is to tidy it up, Fit my 4-2-1, decat and full system. Get the wheels done in gunmetal grey, lower it on a decent fixed kit.

Also got a spare engine in the garage that I will be stripping and attempting to stick a vxr turbo on it Run it low boost on standard management and internals so again

Just for abit of fun really, give me a year or so and I will let you know if it went well.
Richardhhha

30th May 09 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no car atm well no road worthy car lol.

first off is to repair the accedent damage on my old gls new well back end really.
then i am ether selling it or going to put a fully rebuilt and blue printed xe in her.

need a familie car as my misses is going to pop out our baby in september so want to get ether a 1.6 vetec 5dr civic or a 1.8 VTi civic. should be fun, that will get a general tidy up with lowering 40mm and a cat back system and a decent set of rims nothing else needed

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by Richardhhha]
Nic Barnes

30th May 09 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

future plans for my cars

vectra.......

buy some of the std gsi 17" wheels
some new plug leads, spark plugs and fix blowing exhaust manifold
get some of them polished sill plate things for it
replace air con pump so it can have air con again

corsa............

sort out some new fuel pumps so can map it further
roll cage
poly bushes
lower the tie bar brackets
paint the insides
figure out why the battery is draining itself again
underseal etc underneath and wheel arches
get new 60mil boost gauge
get different wideband set up
carbon door cards front and rear panel ones
change sump as its fooked and leaks as it has tiny hair line cracks in it
exhaust wrap the down pipe

thats about it for the next few months

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by Nic Barnes]
Adam C
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 03:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Green 1.0 Corsa

No plans really, bored with it, had it for a couple of years and kept me sensible and built up my no claims, so gonna stick with it a couple of months more, service it, put a new MOT on it when the time comes sell it on.

Im currently on the look out for a MK4 Astra Gsi, lots of plans already and have saved up alot of cash for it so will see where it takes us

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
AlunJ

30th May 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought this C in February

Only real difference is now its got the white SRi wheels which I love!

Planning on hopefully getting a 3 series e46 coupe next year for my 21st, fancy the 320d but they're a bit out of budget atm, we'll see though, really like these cars! Only wish I could afford the m3 lol
pow
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ibiza, sell.

Mito, order.
mwg

30th May 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A3 - keep till its about 3 years old then get rid.

Then after that could be anything from a 3 series M Sport Coupe to a S3 to a Fiesta if I need to save some cash
RCoughtrie

30th May 09 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first desent car, atm its fully stripped and sitting in primer getting a re-coat through out this week sometime, plan was always to turbo it with a z20let this year but can see me selling it in July if urges persist for a change.

Just get it out now and again through out the nice days again this year enjoy driving it, started to get some unwanted attention which bothers me constantly. but again this will need to go to in July to fund something new

If c5 comes out of the bodyshop and im really happy the quality will send it in to get a black roof... defo gonna keep upgrading the c20xe as i go on really is fun to play about in, odd bits here and there that can always be improved on from standard.
Ste
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plans are:

Corsa C 1.3CDTI; I share cars with the gf and I use this to commute as I get 60mpg

This had a bump on the front so I'll swap this for something a bit newer yet still fuel efficient.

206 GTi

Will get replaced next year by a Vectra C 150bhp diesel Elite

The car will then be stripped and prepped for rallying as the shell is perfect.

Probably swap the 2L engine for a 1.6 and tune that up.
(I don't want to be in a 2L class with a 206!)

Robin Hood 2B:

Will be getting new, lightweight seats, engine rebuild for the c20xe as it needs new piston rings.

Depending on funds and housing situation, it may be traded in for the starter kit Ultima GTR.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
dannymccann

30th May 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my Astra diesel for when I get a job as its too much insurance for the missus to have, we wil be getting her a small car like a Clio etc (probably on finance around 05 plate)

Also got my RS in the garage for when the weather is nice, like today. Im going to pass my restricted bike test and possibly upgrade to a more reliable 4T like a 250, I dont need anything bigger as its only used for going round town on
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've owned the car roughly 2 and a half years now transforming it to its former self. As you guys know its only a little 1.0 at the moment because I only passed my test about 8 months ago. Only really use it to get me to college, work etc. Does hardly any miles at all!

Only things left to do exterior wise is to fit my new drivers side door. I'm also having a new semi-smooth boot made as I type this. Was hoping to have it back ready to fit for PVS but I cant see it happening now

Next on my list is an engine conversion. I've decided to go for an x16xe This will hopefully be starting towards the end of the year As much as I love the economy of the little 12v lump it really is no fun to drive at all. Cant wait to give it some power! Will complete the car I think.

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by shaunmods]
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first car, i've owned it for the last 4 years used it as a general work horse but this year i've really started to get my head down and do some work on it.
Plans are to get it to a good standard, re-spray exterior, semi smooth tailgate, tidy engine bay & re-trim/colour code the interior.. eventually XE it sometime next year.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/6541/p1010003.jpg

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Carl

30th May 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently drive a 306 5 door family car after my diesel died, plans are to buy some cyclones (pug alloys) to fit the good tyres I had on the white wheels off my old one. I'm not fucking about modifying this one so the white wheels would look daft. The pie cutter alloys i have on at present are pretty shit. Selling the other stuff of my old car like the personalised plate etc.

After that i'm going to use it to get to and from work, get my moneys worth while paying for stuff/saving up.
AK

30th May 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

min.... where to start

Skyline:

Maybe rebuild the current turbo's or move up a size/power bracket. Get some more adjustability with susp (camber/castor) - then just keep it in brakes/oil/tyres for the rest of the year.

http://trackscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3

Impreza:

Its in getting stitch welded and caged just now. Will be then getting preped up to MSA blue book regs for the option of a few series. No plans at the moment for power increase. Just make it handle and stop well with its 300hp.

http://trackscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=790

911:

Starting to need a bit of TLC still havent replaced the sunroof mech. Got a new exhaust not long back. But is just generally needed time spent on it to make it shine again

LukeD

30th May 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans : nothing. bored of modifying cars. Plus cars aint a priority anymore.

Just want to keep it and the wheels mint and spotless. Enjoy it and try to keep the low mileage down. so to retain its status as a classic.
Brett
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A3 Quattro Turbo
Plans include, Wheels, FMIC, Remap, then probably sell it because I'll be bored
Rob E

30th May 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
Got my gsi a couple of weeks ago...

Plan is to tidy it up, Fit my 4-2-1, decat and full system. Get the wheels done in gunmetal grey, lower it on a decent fixed kit.

Also got a spare engine in the garage that I will be stripping and attempting to stick a vxr turbo on it Run it low boost on standard management and internals so again

Just for abit of fun really, give me a year or so and I will let you know if it went well.

Were you behind me on the a470 last saturday on the way into Cardiff? I was in this..

Rob E

30th May 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this one about 6 weeks or so now, its a 1996 sport with a C20LET conversion which is in need of some work! Engine wise she is a minter

Jobs recently done -
New hub carriers and bearings
handbrake cable
new bumper fitted in place of spurious item
exhaust system redone as the old one was shocking tbh

Still to do -
Polybush the front end
Maybe a new set of wheels

Thats all I plan on doing with this one!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine seems pretty close to Colin's

Just got my M3 Cab, the wheels are being redone at the moment, needs another machine polish/detail then i just plan to fit sat nav and then enjoy the car. Gonna keep for a couple of years.
Next hope to get a Porsche 993 c2s with low miles and paint it riviera blue, or get an R8 if the prices have dropped enough.
Slightly off topic my girlfriend also has a cooper cabriolet

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Colin

30th May 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt L

30th May 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seat Ibiza 1.9tdi (aka the worlds dullest car)

absoltuely fook all planned apart from rack up miles in it

I really dont like this car its so dull to drive, but cant see me selling it for a good few years.
Bonney

30th May 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know the feeling with the ibiza matt

Anyways, Heres my big idea (If i dont change my mind again!!!)

Going to try and get rid of the current car, My Seat Ibiza

Trying to find a nice clean GSI or something similar, Preferably a smoke grey GSI like this

And also one of these, If funds allow me

With a bit of luck!
CorsAsh

30th May 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As it is now:

Want it looking something like this:

Replaced with one of these:

or if I feel silly:

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by CorsAsh]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Future plannage 23 database queries in 0.2100310 seconds