corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer Thread
goodisonefc1986
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
18th May 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in january though when jagielka is fit again and playing i can see a few people putting in offers for him
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by goodisonefc1986
he won't do, hes commited to the club

Its one thing being commited, its another when a big club comes in for you and you step up from an average side to top class football.
Nath

18th May 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dangle dangle
goodisonefc1986

18th May 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not exactly average everton though at the minute, last 3 seasons top 6, i'd say blackburn/wigan/spurs, those sorts of team are average
goodisonefc1986

18th May 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can see lescott and jags staying for atleast another 2-3 seasons
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not exactly average everton though at the minute, last 3 seasons top 6, i'd say blackburn/wigan/spurs, those sorts of team are average

meh, Id say anything outside of the top 5 and not regularly pushing for the domestic cups (I know you have this season, buts thats a one off) is average. Everton are that at best.

You certainly dont have the appeal of the top 4, plus maybe the likes of Villa, Spurs, West Ham, etc. who would all attract players away from you.
goodisonefc1986

18th May 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think we are well above an average team, fa cup final, done well in the league with a very small and young squad due to alot of injuries to the experienced players
Nath

18th May 09 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo stop fishing.

Everton person, stop eating the bait.

Marc

18th May 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
You certainly dont have the appeal of the top 4, plus maybe the likes of Villa, Spurs, West Ham, etc. who would all attract players away from you.

Agreed, but at this moment in time Everton going well and have become the most likely to grow.

Blackburn, Newcastle etc aren't the teams they once were - Top 6 finishers playing in Europe.
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i think we are well above an average team, fa cup final, done well in the league with a very small and young squad due to alot of injuries to the experienced players

OK, maybe you are above average, but well above....come off it
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Cosmo stop fishing.

What you on about?
Danny P

18th May 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Only reason i ask is that the Leeds games that have been on sky recently, delph was barely average let alone premiership quality.

I've seen him in the flesh twice, and on TV 3 times this season and each time i've seen him play he looks no better than most in League 1.
Marc

18th May 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Cosmo stop fishing.

What you on about?

Fishing is the activity of catching fish. Fish are normally caught in the wild. Techniques for catching fish include hand gathering, spearing, netting, angling and trapping.

The term fishing may be applied to catching other aquatic animals such as shellfish, cephalopods, crustaceans, and echinoderms. The term is not usually applied to catching aquatic mammals, such as whales, where the term whaling is more appropriate, or to farmed fish. In addition to providing food, modern fishing is also a recreational sport.

According to FAO statistics, the total number of fishermen and fish farmers is estimated to be 38 million. Fisheries provide direct and indirect employment to an estimated 200 million people. In 2005, the worldwide per capita consumption of fish captured from wild fisheries was 14.4 kilograms, with an additional 7.4 kilograms harvested from fish farms.[
Nath

18th May 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Marc said.
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righto, not sure what you two are on about. Back to Everton being an average club at best that will do well to keep hold of its best players...
gsi-gaz

18th May 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gsi-gaz
quote:

Silva would complete our forward line IMO, keeps Torres up with Gerrard behind (best position for both), Kuyt on the right and then Silva on the left. Another forward is needed to cover for Torres and give us something different if needed.

do u think a top class forward will be happy to sit on the bench? also where does mascherano fit into the midfield if you where to land barry?

i think babel has a tough decision to make, maybe in another country he would be a star, but in the prem he does little when he starts, but IMO he has such an impact when introduced from the bench especially when u in front and teams are pressing, but is it good enough? i dont think it is

Depends on the forward. Rafa may well change the formation to fit the right player in.

Its more Alonso's position that would be under thread if we signed Barry. Personally would rather we didnt but looks like we will.

seems silly to me, alonso has performed for you immensly this year, wish we could afford him, hes class! think he is way better than barry
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is, and I think Rafa knows this, the fans certainly do and will let him know should he leave and Barry comes in.

I think Rafa has half an eye on this 6+5 rule, with Glen Johnson and Barry coming in that'll be two more English players.
gsi-gaz

18th May 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as for the top signings, if either of them go they will be silly, no we are not near challenging for top 4 just yet, but i think its only between us and villa that will challenge the top four in the near future, still think city have a long way to go,

for me the likes of lescott and jagielka would be silly to leave at the minute as i do believe we are goin places.

so if they want to just go glory hunting for me it would be the wrong decision for them.
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not glory hunting

Its only the same as you taking a promotion to a better job in your field of employment.
Marc

18th May 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shearer for example was far too good for Newcastle but he stayed because it was the club he supported. Players like Jagielka have aspired to play at the top, but the Uniteds, Liverpools and Chelseas never came calling. They've now proved themselves to be top players so its only right that they get their shot. You don't become a footballer to be content with being at an average team.
Cosmo

18th May 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, and the fact is Everton are just not going to make that step up from an average side to one thats constantly fighting for cups. Yes they are in for one this season, but you'll not see another chance for another 10yrs again.

Top players want to play for top clubs, so they'll be out of there in a shot should a big club come calling.
gsi-gaz

18th May 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understan its an employment, where they gonna go,

the only club i could possibly see them goin is arsenal, they aint gonna get in at the mancs, nor chelsea, and i doubt whether they would cross stanley park?
Cavey

18th May 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Only reason i ask is that the Leeds games that have been on sky recently, delph was barely average let alone premiership quality.

I've seen him in the flesh twice, and on TV 3 times this season and each time i've seen him play he looks no better than most in League 1.

That was my opinion, and my mates opinion who's a Leeds fan when we've seen him on TV, distinctly average.

Just wondered if anyone saw him week in/week out whether he was worth the hype or not
goodisonefc1986

19th May 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Exactly, and the fact is Everton are just not going to make that step up from an average side to one thats constantly fighting for cups. Yes they are in for one this season, but you'll not see another chance for another 10yrs again.

Top players want to play for top clubs, so they'll be out of there in a shot should a big club come calling.

what? semi final of carling cup last season, and did quite well in uefa cup so i think we did better than your suggesting

we just need a little more money and we'll be pushing for top 4 and doing well in comps, we've got a good side with good players when they are not injured and i seriously think after vidic and ferdinand that jags and lescott are best centre backs in league

also we have a strong youth team and young players that are all pushing for places, in 2-3 years they'll all be in team, just look at jack rodwell and what hes come from the start of season to now
MarkM

19th May 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do Everton fans always bring up the fact they "only have a small squad"....and "don't have the budget of other clubs in the premiership"....

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.1035631 seconds