corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » My Call of Duty MW2 thread. - 9v9 maximum players!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Call of Duty MW2 thread. - 9v9 maximum players!
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Mar 09 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update, BIG update infact

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

^^ Click the analyze button, shit gets crazy then

Same video below.

First video on the following page..

http://codhq.com/

[Edited on 11-05-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting video, the date at the end is in US format don't forget so it's 10th November 2009 for realease, the same date everyother COD game has been released.

[Edited on 26-03-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Analysis of the trailer, copy and pasted.

quote:
The IW video builds anxiety for the full 1:58 seconds of its length and plays more like a trailer for next week's "24" than it does an FPS.

You are left to guess as to what is going on as the green-hued film does its best confuse and confound the viewer. Blurring and silhouetting is used throughout to ensure you do not get a full glimpse of the game.

Nevertheless, let's summarize what we can see:

22s Russian sounding people walking about.

23s Japanese(?) then English speaking voice makes routine announcement over an airport PA system to passengers.

31s An elevator can be heard arriving just in front of you. Doors open as the bell rings announcing its arrival.

37s You get in elevator (video appears to be shot in first person). Elevator doors slide shut. Motor can be heard raising elevator to next floor.

41s Sounds of a zipper indicate bags are being opened. Metallic clicks are unmistakably those of a weapon being assembled and loaded with a magazine.

48s Level L1 is reached. No one gets off, elevator keeps rising.

54s There may be two shooters as a machine gun is cocked followed quickly by what sounds like a pistol being readied.

55s Level M (main floor) is reached and elevator continues going up.

58s Man coughs. You quickly see a glimpse of what appear to be two men. One directly in front of you, who seems to be wearing a loose fitting suit and to the right a man with an ill-fitting one.

11 Level 1 is reached, elevator continues rising.

15 Russian words exchanged between the two men.

18 Level 2 is reached. Elevator stops and bell rings. Man on the left says, "Remember, no Russian".

1:12 Doors open and the men in the elevator head to Airport Security. A third man can be seen to far left. Many passengers milling about heading to their flights.

1:17 You can see some people waiting in line across the screen.

1:20 A violent burst of gunfire erupts. Women scream.

1:23 Scene immediately transitions to a collage of pictures; however, the airport massacre audio continues overtop. Helicopter gunships, tanks, exploding buildings, twisted metal are some of the images that flash by.

The helicopters appear to be American AH-6J's armed with rockets and miniguns. In real life, these attack choppers support US Army's Special Operations.

Note at 1:20.89 choppers appear to be strafing a submarine pen (is that a nuclear sub conning tower?).

By the way, there's no coincidence that the shooters stop on Level "2". After all, the "2" is a sly reference to MW "2". Interestingly, you can see Level "3" just to its right...is IW already advertising a follow up game?

If we had not ever heard of Modern Warfare, a casual observer watching this video would have assumed that this FPS game would be more like a Rainbow Six game than one like CoD4

Will MW2 go from a platoon level military shooter to a small squad anti-terrorist unit - or a special ops tactical game?

One thing for sure, the spoken Russian will mean a lot of snow maps. Just when I was about to pack away my cross-country skies.
Sunz

26th Mar 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe someone went to the trouble to do an analysis of that trailer :/
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can analyze it yourself in the top link I posted, it's pretty in-depth.
dannymccann

27th Mar 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to go and make a cup of tea while waiting for that trailer to load in HD, bit of a waste of time, although will be nice to play this when it comes out
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I didn't watch it in HD they really are teasing with this first video.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pic is how the box art is going to look for the new game, not a very exciting picture I know but this is off a developers twitter, a sneak peek to what its going to look like.

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New box art for MW2 supposedly.

Clicky
dannymccann

28th Apr 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no way im pre-ordering it if COD5 is anything to go by, ill be at Asda thanks, getting it for £25
Adam_B

28th Apr 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not being done by the same people as 5, the team behind this were responsible for 4

[Edited on 28-04-2009 by Adam_B]
DannyB
Premium Member

11th May 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COD Modern Warfare 2 reveal trailer

Clicky

As it says, full trailer premieres may 24th. I'll have it on here within hours no doubt such a COD geek.

[Edited on 11-05-2009 by DannyB]
fresh_creps

11th May 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks fukin awesome!! can't wait for this to come out
DannyB
Premium Member

11th May 09 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it does, snow mobile level will be interesting. I know IW have encorporated some of Treyarchs modifications into the game, sound occlusion being one and changes to the game engine they made (for the better I thought) so MW being an amazing game, probably 1 of the best if not thee best FPS game ever will now be mixed with parts of WaW to produce one amazing game in MW2, how they can make anything better than MW and WaW is beyond me but looks like they have, can't fooking wait.
fresh_creps

11th May 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh does sound absolutly immense,comes out 2 days before my birthday aswell,result! Are they seriously thinking about introducing another nazi zombie mode, although this time I guess it would be crazy russian zombies lol? That would be sick!
DannyB
Premium Member

11th May 09 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't heard anything about another mode yet, I should think they will do as Treyarch have done amazing with the Zombie mod.
noshua

12th May 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks pretty good from the 5 seconds I saw on the video

Bookmarked the website for May 24th

[Edited on 12-05-2009 by noshua]
DannyB
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front cover as it will be, apparently...

clicky
DannyB
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link to a forum that is showing the first pics and info on MW2 out of a magazine will follow, scroll down to see the pics and info.

Clicky
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you seen the video yet danny?
DannyB
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
have you seen the video yet danny?

Yes mate I posted it above
dannymccann

14th May 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, I want to see it beat Halo 3 in terms of sales
DannyB
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first WaW DLC beat the Halo DLC in sales terms.
dannymccann

14th May 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O did it? I was just going on Wiki facts, looks like Ill have to stop using it for uni work if its going to be wrong
DannyB
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was downloaded over 2 million times (console only) within the first few weeks.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll