corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a play with the VXR Arctic Edition...........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had a play with the VXR Arctic Edition...........
Daimo B

User status: Offline
13th Jan 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn you oliver.
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you read that epic thread on VXRonline regarding Regal? You will LOVE it
Corsa_Sport21

13th Jan 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Or a remapped Arctic with the pre cat removed, 225bhp. Very good cars and can deffo handle an increase in power better than the Astra can.

I disagree I thought the corsas could only be taken up to near 300bhp safely without worrying about internals and what not...where as there is astras on stage 3 comfortably running 340+ and some thinking about phase 4.

Corsa VXR @300bhp? standard injectors are maxed out at 240bhp, people are already complaining of detonation issues from EDS maps and having engines replaced but this has been hushed up by a particular tuner.

Astra VXR @ 340bhp maximum achievable gain with intercooler/map/exhaust is 300bhp and that is at a push, again for anything beyond 300bhp you are looking at rods and bigger turbo.

What I meant was, the Corsa with remap doesn't start sqwirming all over the road like the Astra does with a remap. The Corsa suspension setup with 225bhp it's still very driveable and isn't a handful and will benefit more from a map than the Astra does.

There is a local lad who had a Corsa VXR running around 220bhp and it was rumoured he went through 3 engines b4 he got rid of it.Just kept taking it back to Vauxhall and getting them replaced.Pretty sure they caught onto him tho and looked into why it kept killing the motors and thats why he got rid.
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't speculate as to what remap he was running
Daimo B

13th Jan 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Not been there on a while, but I did take a comical picture of a Veccy with huge bodykit and 2F2F style spolier which was funny.

Whats the link, i always love a good "lets rip the piss out of regal" thread.
Luke

13th Jan 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC & VXR might know of my mates astra " H20 VXR ". Spent silly money at regal, had everything regal had to offer at the time, Now it's dead.

[Edited on 13-01-2009 by Luke]
Corsa_Sport21

13th Jan 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I won't speculate as to what remap he was running

E
D
S

deano87

13th Jan 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shens.
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, what a suprise. People wouldn't listen to me when I told them that Regal have been around years and all genuine Vauxhall nuts tend to stear clear. I know this rule isn't true always but vast majority are cottoning on to it.
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Not been there on a while, but I did take a comical picture of a Veccy with huge bodykit and 2F2F style spolier which was funny.

Whats the link, i always love a good "lets rip the piss out of regal" thread.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36855

There are two sides to this story and Regals thread is on the second page, do take time to read both threads. That should see you through to Friday
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

I disagree I thought the corsas could only be taken up to near 300bhp safely without worrying about internals and what not...where as there is astras on stage 3 comfortably running 340+ and some thinking about phase 4.

Stage 3, 340bhp?

Where you going? Regal

St3 is IC, full exhaust, remap, might just break 300 if your lucky.

tbh, i'd rather Stoneys corsa than the VXR. More track looking, where-as the corsa d is a fat road car, in which case just go for the fatter more powerfull astra.

Too powerfull for kids to insure
Too small and girly for 20+ year olds to own.

More for the wifey women.

Lmao at Deano thinking your some 17 year old newbie wippet Stoneys had his car longer than you've had your license laddie

yeah i was wondering if i was getting the newbie treatment, i'm 26 nearly 27, i've been brought up around VERY quick corsa's. I'm fully aware of handling etc. I just like a little bit of fun with the newer ones every so often
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i built my corsa into what it is because i enjoy driving it and enjoy doing the work that i can myself .
FruitBooTeR

13th Jan 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Corsa VXR @300bhp? standard injectors are maxed out at 240bhp, people are already complaining of detonation issues from EDS maps and having engines replaced but this has been hushed up by a particular tuner.

Astra VXR @ 340bhp maximum achievable gain with intercooler/map/exhaust is 300bhp and that is at a push, again for anything beyond 300bhp you are looking at rods and bigger turbo.

What I meant was, the Corsa with remap doesn't start sqwirming all over the road like the Astra does with a remap. The Corsa suspension setup with 225bhp it's still very driveable and isn't a handful and will benefit more from a map than the Astra does.

Ok lol praps I was being a bit optomistic with my figures

But yeh I thought you were on about the engine itself etc....and I duno what I was thinking about 300bhp in corsa vxr I was thinking of this months total vauxhall I thought I remember it saying 295bhp corsa vxr but its 245 haha

Is there a few astras on vxronline running over 300 though? Mabi not 340 haha but at least 310-320. I wasnt just on about getting that from a stage 3 map either I was on about generaly without thinking about replacing internals..

Ill shut up now
Nic Barnes

13th Jan 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
let's stick a fireblade into the equation.... it'll own the lot of you...

im game if its a rolling start.
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Ok lol praps I was being a bit optomistic with my figures

But yeh I thought you were on about the engine itself etc....and I duno what I was thinking about 300bhp in corsa vxr I was thinking of this months total vauxhall I thought I remember it saying 295bhp corsa vxr but its 245 haha

Is there a few astras on vxronline running over 300 though? Mabi not 340 haha but at least 310-320. I wasnt just on about getting that from a stage 3 map either I was on about generaly without thinking about replacing internals..

Ill shut up now

310 on Regals rollers yes
BluKoo

13th Jan 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the VXR Arctic dez is talking about it. Looks lovely, and i'm sure it goes well too, but i'm not sure how good a driver the guy is.
sport16v

13th Jan 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
It's always easier being the car in front. FACT.

You can pull away when you want, you can brake when you want, you're effectively in control.

Being behind, you have to anticipate their acceleration, braking and general shite driving.

Not that I'm saying you wouldn't of had him. I wouldn't know. Just more that if he was in front and leading the way, it may have been different.

that's bull, following is easier as you can judge better when to brake and whatnot from behind, plus being in front, I would say you tend to push harder to try and get away from them and then you end up pushing it past the cars limit
Nic Barnes

13th Jan 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, if your behind. you keep up. you dont win.

ive kept up with many saxo's
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

14th Jan 09 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
I know the VXR Arctic dez is talking about it. Looks lovely, and i'm sure it goes well too, but i'm not sure how good a driver the guy is.

it is lovely colour i like it a lot.
sport16v

14th Jan 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
thing is, if your behind. you keep up. you dont win.

ive kept up with many saxo's

in japanese touge videos, when they race each other down mountains, you can be behind and still win
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jan 09 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
that's bull, following is easier as you can judge better when to brake and whatnot from behind, plus being in front, I would say you tend to push harder to try and get away from them and then you end up pushing it past the cars limit

No, that just means you're a shit driver and need to mimic the guy in fronts movements, which aren't necessarily the best.
davieslim

14th Jan 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after pvs this year i plan on a vxr od some shape or form lol, see one in hamilton all the time but also seen a replica in glasgow with all the vxr styling but minus the middle exhaust, also a wee white corsa d with xp pack and nurburgring decals jumping about up here

david
mattk

14th Jan 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only propper way to race is out of roundabouts that lead on to dual carrageways or from a set of lights on a dual carrageway, or down the pod I suppose. you cant be accurate if one is following the other
Nic Barnes

14th Jan 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
the only propper way to race is out of roundabouts that lead on to dual carrageways or from a set of lights on a dual carrageway

AK

14th Jan 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or on a track

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a play with the VXR Arctic Edition........... 22 database queries in 0.2557089 seconds