corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a play with the VXR Arctic Edition...........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had a play with the VXR Arctic Edition...........
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 09 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I find this hilarious. How do people actually know they were pushing the other car to the limit?!

For a start i know the person, and lets be honest i have a stripped out B with 160bhp its going to be quite even. Lets lighten up and understand the word play with it. i'm not silly i know these things are quick and far better quality than my corsa.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
It's always easier being the car in front. FACT.

You can pull away when you want, you can brake when you want, you're effectively in control.

Being behind, you have to anticipate their acceleration, braking and general shite driving.

Not that I'm saying you wouldn't of had him. I wouldn't know. Just more that if he was in front and leading the way, it may have been different.

we were side by side from a national speed limit sign and then again from a speed camera, trust me it couldnt have been fairer
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Tbh I would expect you to beat it if you've got a fully stripped out, and healthy Corsa XE. The power to weight ratio on a VXR isn't great because of the amount of safety features they have.

Why thank you someone that acutally knows my car
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aid03
Was the reg WDZ and clean as ever?

Not sure the guy works in Stonehaven!.
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
It's always easier being the car in front. FACT.

You can pull away when you want, you can brake when you want, you're effectively in control.

Being behind, you have to anticipate their acceleration, braking and general shite driving.

Not that I'm saying you wouldn't of had him. I wouldn't know. Just more that if he was in front and leading the way, it may have been different.

we were side by side from a national speed limit sign and then again from a speed camera, trust me it couldnt have been fairer

Fair enough, sounds fair, assuming he was trying.

Although, what I said still rings true when you're on a single lane road.
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brothers got a corsa vxr, I have a 106 gti, theres nothing in it
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi

Surely there's seats and a steering wheel at least? I mean, i've heard of "stripped", but that's just taking it to the extreme.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brett - you actually made me smile
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

off the mark yes I agree, race him from 50mph to 140mph
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did, till about 90... theres no alot in it seriosly, he wasn't pulling away.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa Vxr Arctic Edition

0-60 = 6.8 seconds
Top Speed = 140mph (My car will do this)

so really mine is a lot lighter with VERY similar statistics!
deano87

13th Jan 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I find this hilarious. How do people actually know they were pushing the other car to the limit?!

For a start i know the person, and lets be honest i have a stripped out B with 160bhp its going to be quite even. Lets lighten up and understand the word play with it. i'm not silly i know these things are quick and far better quality than my corsa.

I wasn't particularly on about you but others on here, that have random plays with cars on the roads.

You just never know.
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Is 106 GTi as fast as a Clio Williams? Not just 0-60 but beyond that?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I wasn't particularly on about you but others on here, that have random plays with cars on the roads.

You just never know.

No worries mate i did try to make sure it was a fair race, more because i would like one and wanted to see what it would do. So it was more within my wanting that it be a fair race
deano87

13th Jan 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speed or no speed, looking at your avatar, I'd much prefer to ride around in the Arctic.

If you're on level terms stripped just imagine what difference a stripped Arctic would make
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah this is true, my only problem is i have no use of a car i work 100yards from my home and have the Hyundai Coupe for running about it when i need a bit more comfort
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or a remapped Arctic with the pre cat removed, 225bhp. Very good cars and can deffo handle an increase in power better than the Astra can.
Half Pint

13th Jan 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let's stick a fireblade into the equation.... it'll own the lot of you...
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wouldnt do that to an arctic though maybe in a few years we'll start seeing this happening
FruitBooTeR

13th Jan 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Or a remapped Arctic with the pre cat removed, 225bhp. Very good cars and can deffo handle an increase in power better than the Astra can.

I disagree I thought the corsas could only be taken up to near 300bhp safely without worrying about internals and what not...where as there is astras on stage 3 comfortably running 340+ and some thinking about phase 4.
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Is 106 GTi as fast as a Clio Williams? Not just 0-60 but beyond that?

Again, my mate had one, was 3 up against me and it was even.. dont know if its the driver or what though?
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something wrong with it then. Possibly taking it to redline, don't get me wrong the GTi is quick I can imagine there wouldn't be much in it at all but the VXR once rolling will get away.
Ojc

13th Jan 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I disagree I thought the corsas could only be taken up to near 300bhp safely without worrying about internals and what not...where as there is astras on stage 3 comfortably running 340+ and some thinking about phase 4.

Corsa VXR @300bhp? standard injectors are maxed out at 240bhp, people are already complaining of detonation issues from EDS maps and having engines replaced but this has been hushed up by a particular tuner.

Astra VXR @ 340bhp maximum achievable gain with intercooler/map/exhaust is 300bhp and that is at a push, again for anything beyond 300bhp you are looking at rods and bigger turbo.

What I meant was, the Corsa with remap doesn't start sqwirming all over the road like the Astra does with a remap. The Corsa suspension setup with 225bhp it's still very driveable and isn't a handful and will benefit more from a map than the Astra does.
Daimo B

13th Jan 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

Stage 3, 340bhp?

Where you going? Regal

St3 is IC, full exhaust, remap, might just break 300 if your lucky.

tbh, i'd rather Stoneys corsa than the VXR. More track looking, where-as the corsa d is a fat road car, in which case just go for the fatter more powerfull astra.

Too powerfull for kids to insure
Too small and girly for 20+ year olds to own.

More for the wifey women.

Lmao at Deano thinking your some 17 year old newbie wippet Stoneys had his car longer than you've had your license laddie

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a play with the VXR Arctic Edition........... 22 database queries in 0.5263689 seconds