corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra

New Poll
  <<  305    306    307    308    309  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ep3 turbo and mk4 astra
SetH

User status: Offline
10th Apr 20 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
This new Yaris is going to be tearing up the twisties like nothing man has ever witnessed. Better than a c20xe corsa with bolt on anti roll bars

Nic Barnes

8th Aug 20 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made a YouTube channel called 1blue ghost and putting all my modifying videos on there if anyone wants to watch any of them. Thanks.
DaveyLC

10th Aug 20 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Made a YouTube channel called 1blue ghost and putting all my modifying videos on there if anyone wants to watch any of them. Thanks.

I've given you a sub, one step closer to monitisation
Nic Barnes

10th Aug 20 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

I've given you a sub, one step closer to monitisation
thanks! Anything that means I don’t have to do as many night shifts making cardboard boxes is definitely worth trying. I doubt it will ever get to the criteria for monetisation though sadly. Best keep packing boxes in the meantime.
DaveyLC

10th Aug 20 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once you get to 1,000 subs and a certain number of hours of video you can monitise.. I've had about a grand of YouTube in the last year or so - its not exactly a career changer but its a nice bit of pocket money.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Aug 20 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was less than that now, that truck video with a load of photos made money straight away.
Nic Barnes

10th Aug 20 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Once you get to 1,000 subs and a certain number of hours of video you can monitise.. I've had about a grand of YouTube in the last year or so - its not exactly a career changer but its a nice bit of pocket money.
a grand is career changing up north! My old channel was monetised but it got removed for breach of conduct or something. Was to do with the length of videos, as video blogging I guess wasn’t a thing really then.

I will be fitting a turbo to the civic regardless of YouTube money but it would be cool if it helped pay for itself eventually. Doubtful, it’s quite hard work, and expensive.
Nic Barnes

10th Aug 20 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I thought it was less than that now, that truck video with a load of photos made money straight away.
1000 subscribers, 4000 watched hours in a 12 month period and then meet all the community guidelines etc. I think they made it a lot harder in the last couple of years.
DaveyLC

11th Aug 20 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
a grand is career changing up north!

Just about pays for parking in town down here
DaveyLC

11th Aug 20 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

You probably had an old account, they allowed a grace period for old accounts to be monitised - I only did mine because my mate pestered me, I didnt think it would make a penny.
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 20 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
a grand is career changing up north!

Just about pays for parking in town down here
i could take a month of work!!!!!!

You’ve got some mega view count videos bet that’s helping massively. Watched one on my tea break last night. Always good to see how other people do their videos. Probably spend more time watching YouTube than actual tv these days.
DaveyLC

11th Aug 20 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
see how other people do their videos. Probably spend more time watching YouTube than actual tv these days.

My videos are the dullest s**T you'll ever witness.. I'm in awe of the fact I'm getting paid out..
Nic Barnes

12th Aug 20 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of mine are dull as well. I find it quite hard work talking to a camera. Will keep on trying though as you saying it pays about a grand for you, makes it sound worthwhile. Mods may pay for themselves. I’ve got a few quid in that ep3 already be good to get some back!
thomson

21st Aug 20 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to see the New channel &#128077; I still look at your corsa gsi. build. I remember talking to you at knockhill years ago when you still had it. Keep going with the vids and you will relax more. &#128077; are you still into the mountain biking or the road bikes ?
Nic Barnes

27th Aug 20 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thomson
Good to see the New channel &#128077; I still look at your corsa gsi. build. I remember talking to you at knockhill years ago when you still had it. Keep going with the vids and you will relax more. &#128077; are you still into the mountain biking or the road bikes ?
I did enjoy building that corsa. Probably more fun doing things to it than trying to drive it. Hoping the civic will be as much fun to build.

I haven’t really done much biking for a couple of years. Smacked my head pretty bad on a mountain, then just as I was getting back in to it, the woman smashed her head open in a bad fall and it’s kinda put me off a bit. I’ve got a barely used trek slash 2018 sat somewhere gathering dust
DaveyLC

28th Aug 20 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I haven’t really done much biking for a couple of years. Smacked my head pretty bad on a mountain, then just as I was getting back in to it, the woman smashed her head open in a bad fall and it’s kinda put me off a bit. I’ve got a barely used trek slash 2018 sat somewhere gathering dust

It's called realising you're too old

I had that revelation a few years ago when I crashed hard on a trail at Swinley and broke a rib.. Realising you're just a fragile fleshy bag of bones and cartilage really takes the fun out of flying down a hill.
Nic Barnes

4th Sep 20 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It's called realising you're too old

I had that revelation a few years ago when I crashed hard on a trail at Swinley and broke a rib.. Realising you're just a fragile fleshy bag of bones and cartilage really takes the fun out of flying down a hill.

Truth. Got 2 mortgages to pay, bills to pay and I work at a place where they could replace me instantly so being off injured isn’t the best. Going to have a first ride out in a while on some forest roads next week in wales though. Probably about my limits these days.

In other news. Might be selling my Volkswagen.
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 20 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my Golf R. EP3 is now turbo’d. Looking at buying a cheap old Honda crv for a few months until I decide what to replace the golf with.

Hopefully see 400-450hp with the civic so will be fast enough to be fun.
DaveyLC

28th Oct 20 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 year lease up?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 20 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"sold"
Nic Barnes

29th Oct 20 at 02:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
4 year lease up?
ha no it was actually purchased with my own cash Next car might be on finance though.
DaveyLC

29th Oct 20 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I debated doing a Tesla 3 through work with 0% BIK but quickly remembered its a mugs game.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Oct 20 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I debated doing a Tesla 3 through work with 0% BIK but quickly remembered its a mugs game.

Probably a case if you can charge it while its parked, my mate got an electric Rangey and charges it off his solar panels, reckons its cheaper per mile than the diesel even though the car was 10 grand more

[Edited on 29-10-2020 by Ian]
DaveyLC

30th Oct 20 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Probably a case if you can charge it while its parked, my mate got an electric Rangey and charges it off his solar panels, reckons its cheaper per mile than the diesel even though the car was 10 grand more

[Edited on 29-10-2020 by Ian]

I think people get far to concerned by the fuel costs and overlook the fact their paying thousands more for an asset that will never be theirs.
Nic Barnes

30th Oct 20 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would find it a sad place to be in life when I had to consider the fuel costs when looking at buying a car.

<<  305    306    307    308    309  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra 23 database queries in 0.1665809 seconds