corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » convoy to pvs .

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author convoy to pvs .
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jan 09 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We started to head down at about 11 o'clock last year iirc, the show is only the Sunday but Saturday has a RWYB and if you head for the cs flag you'll find plenty of banter which is what PVS is all about
mattk

6th Jan 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother going if I couldnt go on the saturday
andyw1986

6th Jan 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so basically saturday is a must then. never been so i dont know what the crack is
evans_corsab

6th Jan 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if everyone meets at lymm services , can we organise a time ? ill be cruising down so is it just sunday or can we turn up on saturday and chill round the cs stand
Jakey
Premium Member

6th Jan 09 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The convoy travels down most of the M6 so you can jump on, or get us to jump of wherever.

Last year, we turned up about 5pm (because of the m6 being closed), went tesco and spent stupid money on throw away BBQs, food and beer. Went back to Pod, set up camp, ate and drank ourselves stupid, laughed at TomTom.

In a nutshell.
marklawton

6th Jan 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evans_corsab
if everyone meets at lymm services , can we organise a time ? ill be cruising down so is it just sunday or can we turn up on saturday and chill round the cs stand

ill be going up with all the wirral lot, so prob leave about 8 maybe 9 saturday morning, get a good camp spec and then spend the afternoon on the strip
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

6th Jan 09 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To those that haven't been before, here's a quick run through what generally happens over the weekend

Last year a few of us met at Lymm services, took it easy going down, had a few service stops, picked up a few extra people here and there etc.

Some nip to Tescos near the pod for supplies on the way down.

Once you get to the pod, there's a campsite, sometimes 2, judging by last year that's weather dependant, which fields are better for showing on etc.

We try to get a big spot for cs where we can get the camper close too, works nicely as a base.

Once you've found your spec for the night, tent up, then get in amongst it, see a bit of action on the strip if you fancy it, have a drink, meet new members and just generally have a great night

Once morning comes, it's in our cars to head off to the stand (if you're showing obviously, if not you can leave your car where it is or move it to the car park, whichever's closest to the exit) where there'll be a few staff to tell you where and how to park.

Once your parked up, hang around the stand for a while in case there's a change of plans and your car needs to be moved.

Once the stand is sorted, it's upto you, come over to the camper for some banter, have a look round, watch some quarter miles.

The stand's generally done so you can get out if needed, either to run your car down the strip or if you want to go home.

Think that's a decent basic guide for now, Willay'll keep you up to date on everything else closer to the time
andyw1986

6th Jan 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice 1 mate sounds good used to go to all the ford shows in my zetec s like fitp (fiesta in the park ) ford fair so this will be my first in a vauxhall. just have to tell the missus and baby that im doing 1 for the weekend lol.
evans_corsab

6th Jan 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
quote:
Originally posted by evans_corsab

ill be going up with all the wirral lot, so prob leave about 8 maybe 9 saturday morning, get a good camp spec and then spend the afternoon on the strip

lol im driving up with you to meet everyone otherwise ill be a loner
Ste
Premium Member

7th Jan 09 at 03:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also there is a shmagnificent BBQ on the Sunday at the camper van

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Jakey
Premium Member

7th Jan 09 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Also there is a shmagnificent BBQ on the Sunday at the camper van

They taste even better if your premium ;-)
Kurt

7th Jan 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will Ian's sausage be on offer again?
evans_corsab

7th Jan 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds so good , i cant wait for it to come now
jibjob

8th Jan 09 at 02:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what days is it on? the sunday and the monday? what price was it last year to camp? i was going to go last year but instead i was sat at work on the motorway services sandbach watching you all drive past definately coming this year though unless my cars not been revived by then lol
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jan 09 at 02:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the show is sunday but people camp saturday night
jibjob

8th Jan 09 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah cheers mate how much was the camping ticket last year?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jan 09 at 02:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8 i think
andyw1986

8th Jan 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be defo coming to this got green light from the missus so all good just need a few changes to the car
Kurt

8th Jan 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
what days is it on? the sunday and the monday? what price was it last year to camp? i was going to go last year but instead i was sat at work on the motorway services sandbach watching you all drive past definately coming this year though unless my cars not been revived by then lol

you dont work in costa coffee on the southbound side do you?
jibjob

8th Jan 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah work in the petrol station southbound lol
Jenko_Sport

8th Jan 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyw1986
ill be defo coming to this got green light from the missus so all good just need a few changes to the car

I just dragged mine along lastyear
jibjob

8th Jan 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just told the missus shes coming with me...shes not too happy about sleeping in a tent lol just wait until i tell her shes paying
mattk

8th Jan 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got royally lost last year too, got split from the convoy on the first roundabout off the motorway and just had to try follow 4 Cav Turbos I seen, I struggled
jibjob

8th Jan 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you didnt listen to a woman for instructions did you? lol well im going to struggle to keep up with anyone at this rate. in my lonely little 1.2 8v with 44bhp as standard! just annoying because ive got a 1.6 8v sat there with about 120bhp but havent got enough money to finish it
Jakey
Premium Member

8th Jan 09 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does the engine need before it goes in Jonny?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » convoy to pvs . 24 database queries in 0.0161879 seconds