corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Weekly Focus RS thread

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekly Focus RS thread
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Dec 08 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comes across as a sarcastic, big headed tossbag to me from that one post.
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly he is a nice bloke, he even drives an M3 CSL
Joe

17th Dec 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
...and his Astra will be better than the Focus.

Based on what though? At least the Focus will be how it left the factory, without banging bits on left right and centre to try and help it keep up with the competition.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Dec 08 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He probably is, but that's just a massive plug for his product, every respones to the information given from Ford's press team is sarcasm and implies that his car will be better. He doesn't know that for sure, no-one does. Fair play to him for having faith in his own work, but he just seems to have worded the whole post in the way that a 7 year old would, IMO, could have been more diplomatic in his slagging off.

Big plug, childish comments, seems like he can't see past the badge and accept that it might actually be a good car, which will come with full dealer warranty, unlike his
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Based on what though? At least the Focus will be how it left the factory, without banging bits on left right and centre to try and help it keep up with the competition.

Ridiculous statement, these aren't "banged on bits" these are optional upgrades. The RS is a more tuned up version of the ST, the VXR-R is a more tuned up version of the VXR?
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
He probably is, but that's just a massive plug for his product, every respones to the information given from Ford's press team is sarcasm and implies that his car will be better. He doesn't know that for sure, no-one does. Fair play to him for having faith in his own work, but he just seems to have worded the whole post in the way that a 7 year old would, IMO, could have been more diplomatic in his slagging off.

Big plug, childish comments, seems like he can't see past the badge and accept that it might actually be a good car, which will come with full dealer warranty, unlike his

His does come with a 3 year 60,000 mile warranty, Thorney is a Vauxhall dealership
Robin
Premium Member

17th Dec 08 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Optional upgrades available only from one tuner, not your local dealer.

If this was the other way round and the Focus RS was being built buy Ray Mallock as a limited run of modified production cars with stuff added to it after it was rolled off the production line in a lesser spec, you'd be the first to slate it.
Joe

17th Dec 08 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Ridiculous statement, these aren't "banged on bits" these are optional upgrades. The RS is a more tuned up version of the ST, the VXR-R is a more tuned up version of the VXR?

Its not ridiculous. The RS is as Ford intended, this VXR-RR RR VXR isn't as Vauxhall intended.

Just because its a Ford it can actually be a good car Ollie.
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello? All Vauxhall dealerships now have the brochures for the cars and it will be unveiled at AutoSport (I think)

Cars have been tested at Brunthingthorpe.

I would not slate it, that is ridiculous. I would applaud it just like the Monotune (sp) parts for the ST were a brilliant idea.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Dec 08 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

His does come with a 3 year 60,000 mile warranty, Thorney is a Vauxhall dealership

Not a full dealer warranty though, if you turn up at your own local dealer, they'd tell you it was modified and send you on your way.
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Its not ridiculous. The RS is as Ford intended, this VXR-RR RR VXR isn't as Vauxhall intended.

Just because its a Ford it can actually be a good car Ollie.

See, that is still stupid. This is how Vauxhall intended FFS, you lot are missing the point totally. The RS will be based on an ST engine with a new bodykit a LSD a remap a few engine tweeks and with bigger brakes and better suspension.

Now tell me how the Astra VXR-R is different to the RS?
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Not a full dealer warranty though, if you turn up at your own local dealer, they'd tell you it was modified and send you on your way.

Wrong, Eden Reading, Eden Newbury are Thorney approved. Next question.
Joe

17th Dec 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Now tell me how the Astra VXR-R is different to the RS?

Unless I'm wrong Thorney is an aftermarket setup but is just approved by Vauxhall? Who designed all the extra bits? Thorney themselves or Vauxhall?
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Ford designed the Quaife LSD did they?
Joe

17th Dec 08 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well no, but surely thats just the same as Bosch making engine parts etc. They will just buy in the parts.

I give up now anyway.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Dec 08 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so 3 dealers in the whole country you're totally missing my point, it's not FULL dealer network warranty like a standard car, like the Focus RS.

John Thorne has bought a bunch of black Astras and Corsas, bolted some new parts on, flashed the ECU with a new map and put the italian flag on it (for a reason which is beyond me)

Ford have spent years, and probably countless amounts of money developing a car which has technology John Thorne couldn't even dream of getting someone (like Quaife) to develop for/in conjunction with him.

The Focus is a factory built car, which you'll be able to buy, drive to, and have serviced at ANY Ford dealer in the UK, probably even the whole of Europe.

The VXR-R and VXR-S aren't, they're modified cars in the same way that the Mountune Focus/Fiestas are, whatever you think.
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not getting angry I just like a heated discussion after having discuss babies all day with the old women at work
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok, so 3 dealers in the whole country you're totally missing my point, it's not FULL dealer network warranty like a standard car, like the Focus RS.

John Thorne has bought a bunch of black Astras and Corsas, bolted some new parts on, flashed the ECU with a new map and put the italian flag on it (for a reason which is beyond me)

Ford have spent years, and probably countless amounts of money developing a car which has technology John Thorne couldn't even dream of getting someone (like Quaife) to develop for/in conjunction with him.

The Focus is a factory built car, which you'll be able to buy, drive to, and have serviced at ANY Ford dealer in the UK, probably even the whole of Europe.

The VXR-R and VXR-S aren't, they're modified cars in the same way that the Mountune Focus/Fiestas are, whatever you think.

There are 10's of dozens of Thorney dealerships in the country now Robin.
Adam_B

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Wrong, Eden Reading, Eden Newbury are Thorney approved. Next question.

thats 3 dealers for the whole of the UK Im pretty sure ive read somewhere most of, if not all Ford places can sort your Focus RS.

edit - Self fail for being slow! meh

[Edited on 17-12-2008 by Adam_B]
Joe

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm not getting angry I just like a heated discussion after having discuss babies all day with the old women at work

In that case, Vauxhalls are shit
John

17th Dec 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you are just arguing for the sake of it ollie I can't see how you are comparing an aftermarket tuner with the car company itself, it's as simple as that.

The vxr-r is EXACTLY the same as they dealer models you get with stripes and a bodykit added on.

I'm a vaux fan btw.
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take your fake 4WD system and shove it up your rectum
Joe

17th Dec 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I'm more 4wd than you will ever be in that thing

Anyway, the Focus RS.........

Still looks a bit crap imo.
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Unless you are just arguing for the sake of it ollie I can't see how you are comparing an aftermarket tuner with the car company itself, it's as simple as that.

The vxr-r is EXACTLY the same as they dealer models you get with stripes and a bodykit added on.

I'm a vaux fan btw.

It's not like me buying an Astra VXR then throwing the car at Regal and giving them a blank cheque book. These are brand new cars off the Vaux production line that go straight to Thorney to be dealt with. Thorney worked with Vauxhall to allow them to actually build the car. Plus the fact Thorney are a Vauxhall dealership, not a cowboy shop like Regal trying to get the most power out of the car without taking into consideration handling and stopping.

The car went through development stages and will be as good as the Focus RS if not better.

[Edited on 17-12-2008 by Ojc]
Ojc

17th Dec 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I'm more 4wd than you will ever be in that thing

Anyway, the Focus RS.........

Still looks a bit crap imo.

Just means you slide with 4 wheels spinning rather than my two

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Weekly Focus RS thread 22 database queries in 0.1061220 seconds