corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ricky Hatton v Paulie Malignaggi

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ricky Hatton v Paulie Malignaggi
corsa - gus

User status: Offline
20th Nov 08 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who will win?

The smart money will be on Hatton imo, he should walk this fight due to the fact he should out power Malignaggi. But for some reason I feel this fight will be close. I can see it going the distance.

What are everyones thoughts?
Nath

20th Nov 08 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Malignaggi bloke seems like a twat. I hope Hatton knocks him out.
SteveW

20th Nov 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tough one..

Hatton has been training with Mayweather Sr.. hope that pays off
smack

20th Nov 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the last time malinaggi had a good fight was agaist cotto. if that malignaggi turns up he will win imo.
however that is very unlikley to happen. hatton should win in fairness
Nath

20th Nov 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
the last time malinaggi had a good fight was agaist cotto. if that malignaggi turns up he will win imo.

That's my life savings on Malignaggi then.....

Hammer

20th Nov 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Beat me to it

I think it'll go to a decision and Malignaggi will win. Mayweather is trying to tether an attacking fighter and turn him into a bob and weaver when it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. So if Hatton follows his game plan he could be in trouble. If the Hatton we're used to seeing turns up he should knock him out.
Nath

20th Nov 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mwahaha
Richie B

20th Nov 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mayweather Sr poem was good
22B

21st Nov 08 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
quote:

Beat me to it

I think it'll go to a decision and Malignaggi will win. Mayweather is trying to tether an attacking fighter and turn him into a bob and weaver when it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. So if Hatton follows his game plan he could be in trouble. If the Hatton we're used to seeing turns up he should knock him out.

Hattons always had good head movement and underated feet. After the Kosta Tszyu fight he adopted the same tactics that he used in the Tszyu fight, just clinching and spoiling all his work, he actually used to use his jab pre Tszyu fight. Hopefully Mayweather SNr can make him fight like he used to.
Hammer

21st Nov 08 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:
quote:
quote:

Beat me to it

Hattons always had good head movement and underated feet. After the Kosta Tszyu fight he adopted the same tactics that he used in the Tszyu fight, just clinching and spoiling all his work, he actually used to use his jab pre Tszyu fight. Hopefully Mayweather SNr can make him fight like he used to.

You say that but look at the Mayweather fight. Mayweather is the definitive boxer in the world on how to fight and not get hit whereas Hatton took a barrage of punishment from first to last.

Any time i've seen him he's been more interested than moving forward than trying not to get hit so even if he has good head movement and good feet he's always been too busy attacking to use it.
corsa - gus

21st Nov 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hatton was as Mayweather Snr said a punch bag. If his defense improves as much as I presume it will now he is with arguably one of the best defense trainers in boxing and it doesn't take away from his attacking style too much then Hatton could become a great fighter.

If Hatton does lose to Malignaggi it won't necessarily be the disaster everyone would make out, he will need time to work with Floyd snr and I have no doubts he will improve with him, its maybe just too soon for him
smack

21st Nov 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, if he losses this its over, he even said he would retire if he lost.
carnt teach an old dog new tricks
22B

21st Nov 08 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:
quote:
quote:

Beat me to it

You say that but look at the Mayweather fight. Mayweather is the definitive boxer in the world on how to fight and not get hit whereas Hatton took a barrage of punishment from first to last.

Any time i've seen him he's been more interested than moving forward than trying not to get hit so even if he has good head movement and good feet he's always been too busy attacking to use it.

Thats what Im talking about, he went into the mayweather fight still using his head as his defense. He has always been a pressure fighter, hes very good at closing the ring off and cornering his opponents, but pre Kosta Tszyu he used to use his jab a lot more and use great head movement. All his fights since then he has not, he has gone in looking to brawl and ruff people up on the inside as it worked against Tszyu he seems to use it against every opponent.

In the mayweather fight Joe Cortez the referee didnt allow this to happen, as soon as they got close the clinch was broken up, but in the Joe Calzaghe vs BHOP fight Joe cortez allowed Hopkins clinching, smacks of poor refereeing and mayweather was ducking well below the waist and coming in elbows first.
Im not saying hatton would have beat mayweather, but he would have put on a much better show, he got frustrated started looking for the big shot and paid the price.
Dan
Premium Member

21st Nov 08 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found it quite shocking today to see that a hatton knockout pays like 40/1 in single round betting. well worth a 5er on a few rounds imo

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Wrighty

21st Nov 08 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

malinaggi shouldnt even be getting in the ring with hatton, his last performance before hattons last fight was terrible, no way should he have won

monies on hatton
J da Silva

21st Nov 08 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hatton might be too full on for him to cope with, Mayweather's class and precision was enough to do him, I don't think Malignaggi has that precision in his armour, he won't set traps like Mayweather did.
smack

22nd Nov 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you ever seen him fight? hes a very clever fighter, uses counter punching and a non stop quick jabing.
got to rember hattons last two fights have been piss poor preformace, so its not fair to say pauli shouldent be in the ring
J da Silva

22nd Nov 08 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I have. And I never said he isn't fit to be in the ring.
Mase
Premium Member

22nd Nov 08 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this being streamed anywhere online?

Mase
22B

22nd Nov 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
have you ever seen him fight? hes a very clever fighter, uses counter punching and a non stop quick jabing.
got to rember hattons last two fights have been piss poor preformace, so its not fair to say pauli shouldent be in the ring

his last 2 fights have been poor, he got a lucky decision against Ndou, could have easily gone the other way. He has done just enough to force the fight though as he is the no1 contender in the JR welterweight division, although I dont agree that hes a great technical boxer.

He made his name in a defeat to a weight drained cotto, he showed great heart to keep boxing after all the punishment he took. His counter punching is average and hes very easy to hit as Ndou showed and Ndou is only a fringe contender in the division, he also lacks the power of the top 140'ers.

He could pull off an upset, but it depends which version of Hatton shows up as he was pretty unimpressive in his last fight also, and seems to be on the decline
Gavin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 08 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what time does the fight actually start?

pew pew pew pewwwww
J da Silva

22nd Nov 08 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be roughly between 4 and 5 again I think.
Gavin
Premium Member

22nd Nov 08 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

REALLY????

I thought it was going to on about 1am

hmmm... shall i stay up???

pew pew pew pewwwww
J da Silva

22nd Nov 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry your probably right, it's in New York isn't it? Thought it was in Vegas again.
DC90

22nd Nov 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Vegas I think so yeah, gona be around 4 or 5am.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ricky Hatton v Paulie Malignaggi 24 database queries in 0.1674800 seconds