corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Loans, Credit cards?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Loans, Credit cards?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Nov 08 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twiggy got it in one. If you don't understand it, you shouldn't be applying for one...
Twiggy

5th Nov 08 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for a credit card company and you get them calling in, thinking they know what there doing then when it goes pete thong and they cant afford the payments etc...

I think there should be a test to see if you are mentally ok to take out a card!
pow
Premium Member

5th Nov 08 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just pay mine off, every month without fail...
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

5th Nov 08 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
for the love of god!

if you cant undersrtand the about i dont think its wise to get a credit card imo!

Good call

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Twiggy

5th Nov 08 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I just pay mine off, every month without fail...

boooooo
pow
Premium Member

5th Nov 08 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm a credit card companys worse nightmare - I take all the rebate and pay everything off in full
Twiggy

5th Nov 08 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aparantly we do get a cut of the transaction fee though
pow
Premium Member

5th Nov 08 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your alright then. Citi must hate me
Dione J

5th Nov 08 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
for the love of god!

if you cant undersrtand the about i dont think its wise to get a credit card imo!
I understand the basics of how they work, but what im trying to do is work how to take advantage of the 0% rebate and what would be the best option for me as I want to use that to its advantage and as said pay it all off before that term/offer runs out
pow
Premium Member

5th Nov 08 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0% rebate?

0% on BALANCE TRANSFERS mean that you can transfer the balance from one credit card to this one for no fee from this company. The company you are transfering it from MIGHT charge.

0% Interest Free means if you buy something on it and DON'T pay it off in full, you won't get any interest on that over the free period. You have to make the minimum (or upwards any amount) payment every month though.

You cannot draw chas from a chas machine using a credit card - well, you can, BUT its about a 25% charge. Draw £100, costs you £125 on the bill.

[Edited on 05-11-2008 by pow]
stubbsy05

5th Nov 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk

Go there - really useful
Dione J

5th Nov 08 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
0% rebate?

0% on BALANCE TRANSFERS mean that you can transfer the balance from one credit card to this one for no fee from this company. The company you are transfering it from MIGHT charge.

0% Interest Free means if you buy something on it and DON'T pay it off in full, you won't get any interest on that over the free period. You have to make the minimum (or upwards any amount) payment every month though.

You cannot draw chas from a chas machine using a credit card - well, you can, BUT its about a 25% charge. Draw £100, costs you £125 on the bill.

[Edited on 05-11-2008 by pow]
Thanks, it makes sense now. I think I wa getting confusing with the balance transfer part
deano87

5th Nov 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Loans, Credit cards? 23 database queries in 0.0143571 seconds