corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Feb 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it, although I think it's sitting a little too low for my liking, but my god this is one of the nicest corsas on the site definitely.
GregGsi
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice told you it wood do pal the long phone call made it all work lol

BHP vaux
sharpy28

6th Feb 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read from the start! this car is AWSOME!! Love corsa's on cav turbo wheels
pagey

6th Feb 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greggsi - Thanks for your help along the way mate, appreciate it
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Veeeeerrrrrry nice Corsa. I think it's perhaps a bit too low on the back but everyone's opinions on stance seem to be different lol. Engine bay looks beautiful.

MX5 Project Thread
Ad Blue B

7th Feb 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my god pagey looks sweet as fook! lovin the cav turbos
SRI-LEE

7th Feb 11 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i totally love this car!, such an amazing job loving the cav turbo wheels brillaint choice of wheel for the 5 stud conversion good work
Jambo

7th Feb 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wowee!!

That's a bit tasty. I wanna build another one
corsarooney
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember reading the feature on this and thought it was awsome. Cav wheels definatly complete it and Love the OEM+ look.
Beautiful car mate

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
thegsi

28th Feb 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That really looks the dogs bollocks.
Fair play Ad
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow weeee that's nice Could I ask where you got the hinge catches from please
Chris C

28th Feb 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
Wow weeee that's nice Could I ask where you got the hinge catches from please

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SAL
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant
AlexW

28th Feb 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Door catches? Ebay
pagey

28th Feb 11 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all the comments! Another fairly big update on it's way...

Thanks for looking!

pagey

28th Feb 11 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kizzacorsab, danscorsasxi - door catches off eBay, sometimes under cavalier etc...
gsiwannabe

1st Mar 11 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello im likeing the corsa, im in middle of doing the 5 stud conversion to my gsi aswell, wat cv joints you useing to be able to keep the abs ??
davieslim

1st Mar 11 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks stunning, 5 stud conversions look great on them its the one thing i like the most on mines, done it 2 days before pvs 2009 and was worried all the way down as id never done anything like that to one before lol
ShEp

1st Mar 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's finished that off nicely.
Kev86

1st Mar 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely mate anthracite wheels against smoke grey looks brill
fazza

1st Mar 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pagey
Another fairly big update on it's way...

Tell us more!! Car looks sweet mate
pagey

13th Apr 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*** Update *** ***FORD RS TURBO CONTENT ***

Right then, delay in updating but well worth it.

In January I bought these as a bargain off ebay...

I already had the heated seat elements out of calibra turbo leathers that all worked perfectly, my plan was to fit the elements into these seats as they are renowned for extreme comfort, always made me want a fiesta rs turbo just because of the seats they had in them.

Ithen bought another corsa gsi complete interior that just needed wet vaccing and a general clean up, I wanted to try and get an interior with no rips or burns etc...

One of the above gsi seats was cleaned the other was waiting to be, just a comparison, the reason for change was that Ive always thought the rs turbo seats had much better bolster support than the standard corsa gsi.

Few pics of the interior as it was...

Then I removed existing seats, which I'm are going in the attic as there in excellent condition.

02/01/2011 - With seats removed I got on the hunt for the connection plug for the heated seats, which was located under the sound deadening, poked that through the carpet ready...

26/01/2011 - In the mean time after cleaning up the other mint gsi interior I had, I sent the complete gsi interior with the 2 Rs turbo seats to an upholsterers that I used for my old corsa to see if they could strip the rs turbo seats of the fabric and replace with the fabric from the gsi interior, i sent a rear bench as well to make sure they had enough material. I also gave them the heated seat pads from the Calibra Turbo to fit to the seats when they were being retrimmed...

09/02/2011 - Collected seats from upholsterers. There wasnt enough to do the bolsters as they use a lot of material so they matched it with velour that they had in which was the last that they could get, I then bought some brand new RECARO badges and they came out like this which I was over the moon with...

(Can someone rotate the image for me if I send it them? Thanks)

Wiring for the heated seats...

Seats I removed compared to the new ones...

29/01/2011 - I then set about making some brackets for the seats so that they would sit at the same height as the original seats, I tried at first to modify the original subframes with some brackets I had made up...

This however was a complete nightmare, once I had bolted the angled brackets to the existing subframes I trial fitted in the car the passenger seat to compare to the drivers I left loosely fitted and they were miles higher, head was nearly touching the roof lol! ... Back to the drawing board...

I then got hold of some customised subframes that I could modify the brackets I had to fit, after searching through the internet to do a good job this seemed the last option, I couldn't use the existing subframes but thought if there the same height, angle etc... then i'd be happy, so got to work angle grinding and hammerite...

All measured perfectly I set about fitting them to the subframes I had and trial fitted passenger seat compared to drivers side...

It was a perfect fit, so I did the same to the drivers side, no pics of of them in yet, next I had to tackle the fact that the loom coming from the bottom of the seats wasn't long enough to reach the plug coming from the floor, I manually slid the seat forward and backwards to see how much I needed to extend the wires, then out they came again and got to work...

I then refitted the seats checked the extension of the wiring and safely cable tied so the seats could move freely all the way forward and back, fitted the seat belt tensioners, more parts from work...

Before ...

After...

Final Pics of Interior...

While I was working on the interior I also fitted the Alpine tweeters I had been meaning to do for a while, before pic...

This is how the alpine black tweeters sit...

Little bit of material I had left lol ! ...

Cheeky pic...

Im really pleased with how the seats turned out, well worth the wait and hassle to get them in there,
Comments as always welcome, good or bad, Thanks for looking

SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

attention to detail spot on, nice job

love this, makes me wanna get a LET now
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look great pagey! where abouts is the heated seats wire?

Great attention to detail with the material on the seats, sorry I couldn't help you with mounting them but glad you got there in the end!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE ! 24 database queries in 0.1208668 seconds