corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jun 09 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny those pics are ace!
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

9th Jun 09 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, Pagey if you click the Flickr link you can find the bigger images if you want them

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
flybikeslee

9th Jun 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks ace
Sean-B

11th Jun 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congrats on your feature matey

your car is just the boss!

i was gutted for you after you spent £30 odd quid on PVS pics when dannyW has ones just as good!
Sean-B

11th Jun 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I give this project thread the offical Adam Page seal of approval

WestGSi

28th Aug 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats on TV Feature matey ! your car is amazing a good read this thread has been and so has the feature .
.dean.

29th Aug 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tigra scuttle!
Sean-B

29th Aug 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've had a feature in TV? I thought you and Jay were always planning to go for a double feature?

Gutted

[Edited on 29-08-2009 by Sean-B]
pagey

29th Aug 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sean - Yeah i know, jay had said about doin a double feature a few months back, then they emailed asking about the story behind mine etc.. and that was what they were looking for in the followin issues so they wernt going to do a double feature.

I wasnt goin to turn down the opportunity to have it done, at the end of the day ive had the car years and done it from scratch so I wanted to take the chance when it came around.

WestGSi - Thanks a lot mate, il have to get the updates on soon, to catch up!

Dean - Might do the tigra scuttle... unsure yet
taylor2008

30th Aug 09 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done mate, ive neva reli had a look at the pics of your and there so nice, makes me realy wana change mine to a let , we should meet up soon as you sed for some pics together ive just got a few outher little things left to do on mine then it will be ready

oh and whats your's lowerd buy?? ive got 60 on the rear and 40 on the front, possably goin to put 60 on front before trax

[Edited on 30-08-2009 by taylor2008]
GregGsi
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about time pal lol see you at weekend pal

BHP vaux
ly51ohh
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

30th Aug 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congrats on tv feature.. nice one
gez bay

30th Aug 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done on he feature mate, car is stunning love the whole standard wheels, makes it more of a sleeper. especially with 300+bhp.
pagey

30th Aug 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*** BELATED UPDATES ***

Update - 03/06/2009 - Powerstation rolling road tune

After fitting the manual boost controller and sard fpr, i took it to a reputable rolling road centre to have it setup before pvs 09'

After little mess with the fuelling and boost it made
267 bhp @ 8.2 psi, approx 4.5 bar fuel pressure

Then came PVS 09'

05/06/2009 - First time ever at quarter mile running and i loved it, best time i got was a 14.2 in the wet, video can be seen below -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHQrhqlPAlM&feature=related

UPDATE - 08/07/2009

I went to jamsport to have the new XE Inlet cam i got from work fitted along with a Kent anodized red vernier, i thought id be looking at around 280 with this done, so had it fitted. Problem came around when they rollered it there, they couldnt set the car up to run more boost because fuelling levels wouldnt increase at the same time, it was like the injectors were restrictive??? So as i took it there it was running standard boost and i left there with the XE Inlet fitted and the timing retarded so the engine ran smooth, still running standard boost.

UPDATE - 10/07/2009 - Check Saab Reds (Night of going to Billing for the VBOA.)

I figured that these saab reds must have been fine for the job, but thought id check them anyway, as it was i still had my standard yellow injectors to use (just in case), so i removed the saabs to find 3 out of the 4 had hairline cracks on the nozzle end, so i replaced them with the yellows i had, then lowered the pressure on the reg back to 3 so car was running pretty standard, i then went out in it and was checking the plugs to make sure all was ok.

UPDATE - 14/07/2009 -

Fitted brand new Astra VXR blue injectors, then booked in for another tune at the rollers. Fuelling was better but was still not increasing when the boost levels were increased, operator kept telling me it needs stand alone management, no fault codes were brought up it was just a mystery ...Unless he said it was a faulty air mass meter that was reading good under normal boost conditions but faulting when the levels were increased? It was worth a try, so i ordered a brand new air flow meter from work.

22/07/2009 - Fitted new air flow meter, coolant temp sensor and tps sensor. (Replaced these 2 just in case)

23/07/2009 - Powerstation again! -

Bingo! This time we could increase the boost to 1 bar approx 14.5 psi it would hold this but only for a short while, signalling a weak actuator. The main thing though was that the fuel pressure was rising with the boost. After a couple of hours tuning it made 274.3 bhp engine power corrected to 278.2 bhp.

25/07/2009 - Total Vauxhall Dyno Day at powerstation -
Some model while we were there -

After a little bit of fine tuning, it made 290.7 engine power and 288.8 corrected, still with the - 31 actuator fitted.

A sigh of relief as i eventually found the niggling problem! Spoke to loads of people about it so thanks to beardy, chris astley, gregsi, russ at wallace, and loads of other people while i was scratching my head!

The operator said next thing i needed to do was get a better actuator as the -31 i was using was just about managing 1 bar of boost and i need something to hold around 1.5 bar 18psi.

So i ordered this and booked back in again for 03/08/2009.

02/08/2009 - Fitted Forge motorsport actuator, with uprated spring, and set boost back to 1 bar.

03/08/2009 - Powerstation.

Car made 287.7 bhp engine power, 287.9 corrected. Still not happy though, the operator was fuming because the actuator was still not able to hold the higher boost levels. It reached 1.5 bar then came straight back down to hold 1/1.1 bar.

After a phone call to forge who were really helpful, it seemed the uprated spring wasn't fitted to it, was just a 1 bar spring, so i was due the next couple of runs free on the rollers. They told me there were different types of strength of spring so he sent me 2 more in the post, when i got them, they were both stronger than the one that was fitted, i did the normal thing and fitted the next strongest one and set off to the rollers.

06/08/2009 - Powerstation.

Car made 299.8 bhp engine power corrected to 298.5 bhp, I was pleased because it was holding boost better, but still dropping off, i had one more spring at home to change it too. ( I told forge what boost levels id be running and they sent the springs i could use).
So determined to get to this milestone, changed the actuator spring and went back yet again.

12/08/2009 - 300BHP??

At last! with the spring ideal for the boost pressure the car made 302.7 bhp and 301.3 bhp corrected, just in time for the TV feature!

Thanks for looking all, pics to follow just uploading them all now, but thats it all up do date... for now!

[Edited on 30-08-2009 by pagey]
pagey

30th Aug 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taylor2008 - Thanks mate, yeah wel def do some pics when you want, im not sure what its lowered by exactly i just wound them down all round till i was happy with the ridehight.

Gregsi - Cya at the weekend, you got some bits for me lol!!

Ly51ohh - Thanks mate!

gez c16b - I know mate, something i like keeping it on 14's, greg keeps on at me to put the cally turbo 16's on!

Thanks for all the comments tho!

Stokie Dave

31st Aug 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome stuff! 300BHP, bet it's a weapon!
Minty_Fresh

31st Aug 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awsome stuff matey, it was an animal before so bet its silly now

pagey

31st Aug 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my first bit of fun with the corsa today after havin it set up, against a mk 1 golf A reg. stripped out runnin 250bhp. Spoke to the lad, was a nice lookin car as well audi handles, chrome rear crossbar cage, flocked maroon dash, resprayed silver, nice bit of kit, overtook him, then he came back along side and said it was fast as fcuk! loved it!!

mk4 boy you would have loved his motor, i see him at the gym, didnt even know he had it so il get some pics for ya next time i see it!

Cheers for all the comments by the way!

mark106mark

12th Sep 09 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice feature sunshine bought the mag yesterday
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one pagey, yer get some shots of it..

i bet that forge actuator will come up nice with my autosol you 'borrowed' at PVS..

haha oj dude..
rickiek123

14th Sep 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome feature mate well done!
ly51ohh
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Nov 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great build bud
Tom G

9th Nov 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice build mate
Seen the feature too
gsirep

10th Nov 09 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loooks the nuts mate
.dean.

10th Nov 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tigra scuttle yet lazy

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE ! 24 database queries in 0.2046170 seconds