corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
22nd May 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect!!!!!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few rolling shots from sunday Ad'.

[Edited on 12-06-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
pagey

13th Jun 12 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS

10/06/2012 - Few pics of the clean before the show and a couple from Sunday

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by pagey]
thomson

13th Jun 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody love this car. can not belive how clean it is for the age pagey.

looked very quick going up the strip also.

M Sutton

13th Jun 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks gorgeous! Had a look round it on sunday and is very clean
pagey

13th Jun 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So bought my wristband... 1st run, going up through the gears engaged from 4th to third by mistake, engaged it into gear before fully releasing the clutch I dipped it straight away so revs didnt race. All of a sudden coming up the bridge at the end of the strip, no power. Coasted all the way round. Really wanted to see what times i could get as the car was running really well.

...Gutted, options at that point were tow the car out of pod and get AA to come.. surely they would love that plus the wait would have been forever. try and buy an inner CV joint and crack on with it get it put back together then back on the strip. I bumped into beardy he said straight away to have his CV off his twin engined corsa but later on as he was showing it etc.. I was amazed he'd even offered tbh.

Although i really appreciated his offer I wanted to see if i could sort something before getting him to take his project apart for me. I then trawled through every stand and spoke to different organisers etc.. see if anyone had what i needed. Nothing, so took beardy up on his offer, after he'd put his corsa on his trailor he came straight over and took over, got it all done and i got to drive home, having a bit of fun with a 200sx on the way back!

A massive thanks to beardy I owe you one!

And then once sorted got home and tucked away..

NathanR

13th Jun 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was a highlight for me at PVS ! When you pulled away and booted it when we was on the way to the show in the morning the sound was amazing . Got some photos that ill put up when I'm home later for you .

Will you be showing at Trax ?

I was speechless when it fell off the jack . Lucky you got your legs out in time too !
pagey

13th Jun 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, I was really lucky the brackets either side of the ARB saved everything, also if the wheels were straight car would have been resting on the brakes thank god they were turned and didn't touch the floor so although it looked really bad there was no damage bumper was just off the ground as well! Yeah and fortunately I moved out the way quickly!

Yes mate I'd love to see the pics, cheers, your c looked really clean as well bud
NathanR

13th Jun 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could see the car rocking then Shauns freind shouted and it went over ! Like you say fortunately that massive front ARB you have saved everything . I think everyones main concern was that you mangaed to get out the way in time though !

Ill get them pics up when I'm home only got a couple though . Thanks bud , its getting there now . Needs boost tho .

You showing at trax dude ?
DanCobb

13th Jun 12 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that! Interiors amazing!
thegsi

13th Jun 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One day someone will make a CV and shaft that will run with a Corsa Turbo and not blow up every 5 mins
Top work Ad.
NathanR

13th Jun 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here you go Ad , only got 3 , thought i got more .

Stunning car
Christopher

13th Jun 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looked outstanding as always bud! Only managed to get a couple of yours pagey as camera ran out of battery :/

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by Christopher]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looked fantastic as always

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
pagey

13th Jun 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jay, in fareness it wasn't the parts that just failed it was my own fault, granted things are going to get less reliable the more you modify but that goes for any car.

Even at 300 horse it doesn't give me much trouble to be fair but I'm meticulously maintaining it all the time.

Cheers tho mate, an I no its a late reply but yeah might get centre badges for the wheels, undecided yet, Chris, nath - thanks for the pics, they look awesome!
Nic Barnes

13th Jun 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
One day someone will make a CV and shaft that will run with a Corsa Turbo and not blow up every 5 mins
Top work Ad.

1 cv, 1 shaft (different times not at once) in 7 years of abuse mine has done. std calibra shafts in mine.
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few pics of it getting ready to tear up the strip! Sounded like war when you set off lol

Looked spanking on sunday mate! I was properly gutted for you when it broke but it was a nice end to the day seeing it fixed thanks to Beardy

Cya at Billing bud
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting better with that camera Shaun

Paul W
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always looks boss, and the re-trimmed recaros are such an awesome touch, probably one of my favourites. My stomach was in my throat when it fell off the jack lucky you were clear of it otherwise that wouldn't have been a nice scene, and even luckier that there was no damage done to it. Was crazy watching Beardy and his crew do that CV, gotta give props there

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Mark.W

13th Jun 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looked amazing in person mate,still one of my all time favourites

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by Mark.W]

[Edited on 14-06-2012 by Mark.W]
pagey

13th Jun 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers boys! Love all them pics! The ones at the start of the strip look awesome, probably my favourite pic yet, it's always nice to see other peoples pics.

Nic, agreed. I was driving home a little worried then thought I haven't heard of many going so thought fuck it! Like I said it was 100% my fault, one of them things a learning 1/4 mile curve.

The car was in perfect order and would of ran all day, in fact I would havemdone 3 runs and paid another fiver to do unlimited if that hadn't have happened, so I've every faith in the car.

kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your Corsa looked amazing at Pvs and Defo one of my favourites at Pvs! Your front seats look mint aswel.... well the whole car is so so clean glad you fixed it
pagey

18th Jun 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

**** UPDATE - 16/06/2012 - New Purchase ... L888 LET ****

I saw this come into work as trade in, bought it ...

Luck has it the people trading the car in used to run a letting business, they have since retired, deemed it too much hassle to take the plate off so left it on.

I couldn't believe my luck! So i bought the car, then sold it on and made enough money to cover taking the current plate off the gsi and onto my suzuki gsxr, and the plate from the audi onto the corsa... RESULT! L888 LET on the Gsi.

Just had the paperwork and tax discs back so im ordering new plates as im writing this.

[Edited on 18-06-2012 by pagey]
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Ad,same style plate on front or just going for basic plain ones?

pagey

18th Jun 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plain ones mate, im trying to get them from work with the old griffin and dealership details on at the moment but the company we use don't have the templates anymore so just trying to sort that out

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE ! 24 database queries in 0.1905210 seconds