corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE !
pagey

User status: Offline
   25th Oct 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, My 1st corsa was bought a totaly standard SRi. I kept it for a couple of years and it ended up like this -

Which was 110bhp on the RR

Then I really wanted a LET corsa, and I didn't want a LET in the SRi, so I bought a smoke grey GSi with only 60k on the clock Had to be a GSi Turbo -

Then the Cally Turbo arrived & off went the SRi -

Then the work started - Seam welded and resprayed engine bay -

Then I sold the C16XE -

Then this beaut when in -

New Avo Coilovers -

Fitted -

Something I had to get! -

Stripped engine down to replace with all new gaskets clutch etc -

Conversion was completed...... Polybushed throughout, new parts used to replace old worn items...

Car drove spot on boosted fine etc... Also had custom stainless exhaust from turbo made up and fitted...

All ready for pvs 2006 -

Car was converted, enjoyed a few months of loving the new power..

Then disaster struck......

Arriving at santa pod, 2006, stopping at services on route there, slight water leak... Travelling there with monster off here who will remember it.
Got there, keeping an eye on temp gauge, arrived at santa pod late at night. Next morning checked water in coolant and complerely empty! Worst nightmare, after checking rad, pas pipe had rubbed on rad causing the leak, Found a lad on site who was a chef to do the traditional thing and crack 2 eggs into the header tank to try and cure leak, then filled back up with water, loads of people there really helpful with tools etc.. Was a temporary measure to try and fix to get home, only it was quite bad, 2 2litre bottles of water on hand on an extremely hot day, attepted to get home, monitoring temp gauge got on mway, had to pull onto services as temp gauge was getting very hot, mate of mine suggested radweld to get us back as aa were going to be 3 hours, wacked that in gradually filled with water and leak stopped, then arrived back and temp gauge wasnt reading anything, about 100 yards from home, car starts pinking, smoke out of bonnet, engine cooked....... That feeling, all that work..... Gutted....

From june until near christmas 2006 the car was off the road, instead of repairing the engine, in my head the damage was done, so saved and saved and got from work on exchange a brand new engine, sump to rocker cover. Was fitted over christmas -

PAS pipe was refitted well out of the way this time!

Then the running in began, regular oil changes, etc... Meticulalsly careful now, checking everything 3 times, following every step to run it in correctly -

So with the new engine, completely reconned gearbox, all new sensors, alternator etc...etc... the next thing to give up the ghost was the turbo, so during 2007 the running in procedure, i noticed smoke, all the signs of turbo, on the overrun etc...

Turbo was then sent to turboforce, who were brilliant, they confirmed that the seals were perished, emailed me pics of damage, and sent it back 'hybrid', well as it was off!

All new

Old elbow -

And the new one -

So once that was done, used the car as much as i could, on nice days, low boost

Then some goodies, want to keep the car theme smoke grey and anthracite/polished really... Had the wheels done in shadow chrome, which stands out when the suns on them but looks dark grey in the shade -

Black silicone hoses, AFM to Turbo Hose -

Ancillary hoses,

Turbo Hoses,

Regal 9L front mount intercooler, and pipework -

How car looked after above parts fitted, saab red injectors running standard boost, and how car was at santa pod 2008 Thanks for advice scatt! Your car looks Phat with them wheels on!

A few piccies of my LET outside my work -

Thanks for looking!

[Edited on 22-07-2013 by pagey]
fazza

25th Oct 08 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet mate.

how much u pay for the cally?
Scotty C

25th Oct 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget your spec Pagey

Mint motor, everything done properly, and is a proper wepon
SAL
Premium Member

25th Oct 08 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Good build quality indeed ! I think i would want 16's to get more traction and better handling myself

Are you using ant phase chip's or LSD ?
Mobby

25th Oct 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
Very nice Good build quality indeed ! I think i would want 16's to get more traction and better handling myself

thinking the exact same thing. at least youv got a engine you can trust. must spin them 14's like fuuk
pagey

25th Oct 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"thinking the exact same thing. at least youv got a engine you can trust. must spin them 14's like fuuk"

Thats right mate, i have faith in the engine now, but im so paranoid, i triple check everything all the time! and yeah, it does spin like fcuk on the 14's, best to try and let the boost in gradually, as i dont wanna spin up eveywhere, going to put 16s on next and 5 stud convert it...
Mobby

25th Oct 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why 5 stud? and i dont blame you checking it all the time
pagey

25th Oct 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 stud, coz i want to do it all properly, run calibra turbo alloys and brakes, so will have rear disc brakes too.
Mobby

25th Oct 08 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you had the car corner weighed?
dan-sport

25th Oct 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cally turbo rims?
pagey

25th Oct 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do u mean corner weighed mobby? and yeah dan cally turbo rims, theres a red xe corsa ive seen somewhere with them on in soilver and they really suit in imo.
danward

25th Oct 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great thread!
Stokie Dave

25th Oct 08 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks brill mate, love the look of it, shame you gotta fit bigger wheels for grip, gotta love the stealth mode on 14's!
P1CK4D

25th Oct 08 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite liked the look of the your old Black one tbh. Everyone has a GSi or Rep, and even im thinking of changing None the less. Great job!
Nick-S

25th Oct 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
why on earth would he do that? its not an out and out track car

very nice car by the way bet it gose like fuck! btw way are u still running standerd gsi brakes

[Edited on 25-10-2008 by GSi_16v]
GregGsi
Premium Member

25th Oct 08 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see you soon pal the car looks like new lol

BHP vaux
ly51ohh
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Oct 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love that black one
J200RSA

25th Oct 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:
Originally posted by mobby
why on earth would he do that? its not an out and out track car

very nice car by the way bet it gose like fuck! btw way are u still running standerd gsi brakes

must be running 2.0 brakes as they bit under 14's if he isn't then i'd be scared to drive it
Nick-S

25th Oct 08 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me to still id want at least v6 if it was mine

braggy
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Oct 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus thats low!! very nice tho!!
pagey

26th Oct 08 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all the comments lads! Will keep the post goin with the nxt mods now i no what im doin, its only taken me 4years! Lol! Greg- lol! And gsi_16v your rite i dont need2get it weighed im not strippin it, and its not a track car, i like the luxuries, and its runnin 2.0 brakes by the way
thegsi

26th Oct 08 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when the new block and turbo was fitted and I met you out and you took my up the dual track in it. Couldn't believe it and it definately inspired me to go turbo. You know what I think bout it anyway Ad. ps. Get out and lets get some pics!
Scotty C

26th Oct 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
I remember when the new block and turbo was fitted and I met you out and you took my up the dual track in it. Couldn't believe it and it definately inspired me to go turbo. You know what I think bout it anyway Ad. ps. Get out and lets get some pics!

You should go in the pissing thing now

Sound of the Hybrid spooling up is sex
pagey

26th Oct 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now its all run in nicely i dont mind opening it up a bit, yeah really pleased with the hybrid turbo, does sound good, and yeah, im gonna start usin it more, until the council get the grit vans out anyway!
kiddy_sean

28th Oct 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright ad its sean hows it going??i ent seen you in ages......your car is looking phat man you gotta take me out in that lol

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » L888 LET - Corsa Gsi - 21/07/2013 - UPDATE ! 24 database queries in 0.1052818 seconds