corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Oct 08 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V-tuning apparently.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Oct 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changed company name?

If people actually bothered to read the thread in classifieds explaining how to go about getting a refund then you will realise its very very simple.

If people are to stupid / lazy / ignorant to follow a simple instruction then why go about whinging about it?

And people who complain about me not being available on the phone, have you actually tried speaking to a member of staff? They will be able to explain the situation and help you in the exact same way that I can. People do ring up and say "is Dave there?" as soon as they get told that I am not they give up and come on here and complain about it.

Legally NO company needs to provide a refund if the consumer cant provide proof of payment or purchase. This isnt to protect the company, its there to protect the consumer against fraud, if you read the refunds thread in classifieds you will quickly realise this.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and to confirm, The company name is Vsport, NOT V-TUNING
John

19th Oct 08 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

Legally NO company needs to provide a refund if the consumer cant provide proof of payment or purchase.

This is not what you said, you said you legally cannot provide a refund without proof of purchase, which is incorrect.
XSIHardy

19th Oct 08 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so am i pritty much fucked?
as i aint gonna be happy if i dont get a refund,
i will send a letter,
and just pray for the best
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No John, read the thread, all will be clear.

People are just finding reasons to complain now, its simple enough to provide a proof of payment and request a refund.

If someone posted this:

"I bought something off the internet but I didnt recieve it and now want a refund. The seller has asked for proof of payment and a simple letter and they will process the refund within 48 hours. However I cant be bothered to get the prooof from my bank that I have paid for it, or to write a letter. What should I do? "

They would get laughed at!

TBH the effort people have put into complaining, is less than the effort required to obtain their refund
John

19th Oct 08 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read the thread, you are entitled to ask for proof of purchase, i'm not disputing that.

You can however do a refund without it, which contradicts what you say.

This is according to trading standards, not me.
BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just said you have a list of everyone who has paid you. The right thing to do would be to refund the people who CANT get proof of payment because they paid directly into the bank.
Shell
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Companies are not legally obligated to give a refund without proof of purchase, this is done only at the company's discretion. I know that's a definate. I'm not sure how it goes for faulty items however.
BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also know that companies are NOT legally obliged to issue a refund without proof HOWEVER if you KNOW that a person has paid and wont be receiving the goods then he shud make contact with THEM to get the refund arranged. Basically he has taken the money and the people who paid directly into their bank are not going to get a refund. good little money earner there dave isnt it.
Doldy

19th Oct 08 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Refund should require NO proof from the buyer as the seller should have all the proof he needs. Maybe need to phone with card / bank details for the refund to be put into.

Cant believe your all being made to go through such hassle just for a refund to which you so rightly deserve.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all barnshaw, why dont you stop winding people up? when have I said that people wont get a refund?

If people follow the rules, they get a refund. ANYONE who has paid by bank transfer will be able to get proof of payment from their bank, its up to them wether they bother to do so or not.
John

19th Oct 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The purpose of this thread was somebody who had paid by cash to your bank, not by tranfer from their own bank.

I don't think his question has been answered yet.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doldy
Maybe need to phone with card / bank details for the refund to be put into.

that would never work, you could phone claiming to be someone else, give your card details and get a refund that belongs to someone else.

This is why proof of payment must be provided, its to protect the seller.
XSIHardy

19th Oct 08 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so if i go into natwest !

and give them the details and say 5 months !!!
ago i paid £72 into a acount and i need proof

they will print me of a reciete?
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The purpose of this thread was somebody who had paid by cash to your bank, not by tranfer from their own bank.

I don't think his question has been answered yet.

and it wont be answered on a public forum for obvious reasons.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its more than clear what you have to do, so instead of whinging about it on the interent getting no where try getting your proof, a quick letter and hey presto your refunded!

30p and 10mins of your time or shut the feck up!

Its like walking back into HMV after buying a DVD without having your reciept, you are NOT going to get a refund

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
John

19th Oct 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should spend 10 mins of your time reading the thread possibly.

The guy paid by cash in an HSBC branch and was never provided with a receipt for his purchase, this is the problem.

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by John]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The guy paid by cash in an HSBC branch and was never provided with a receipt for his purchase, this is the problem.

Should have asked for proof of payment when he paid cash to the HSBC, I always ask for a reciept when I put money in my bank / someone elses bank!

No record even of a transaction ID / number when he paid the cash

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the retailer KNOWS he has paid. morally they shud not just wash their hands of it.
XSIHardy

19th Oct 08 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Its more than clear what you have to do, so instead of whinging about it on the interent getting no where try getting your proof, a quick letter and hey presto your refunded!

Its like walking back into HMV after buying a DVD without having your reciept, you are NOT going to get a refund

"Its like walking back into HMV after buying a DVD without having your reciept, you are NOT going to get a refund "

ok so ! dave a has now wasted 5 months and £72

all because i paid money into his acount, and he has not kept a list of people that have paid TBH im realy fucked of,
i thought he could run a buisness, many people on here ! are trust worthy,

and do u realy thing i would go though all this, to con him?
i find it anoying how i am in the wrong?
i though he would show some consideration to those that have paid,

XSIHardy

19th Oct 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

"Its like walking back into HMV after buying a DVD without having your reciept, you are NOT going to get a refund "

ok so ! dave a has now wasted 5 months and £72

all because i paid money into his acount, and he has not kept a list of people...well thats the way it seems to me tbh, and TBH im realy fucked of,
i thought he could run a buisness, many people on here ! are trust worthy,

and do u realy thing i would go though all this, to con him?
i find it anoying how i am in the wrong?
i though he would show some consideration to those that have paid,

John

19th Oct 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You aren't in the wrong, you are fully entitled to a refund whatever is said here.

I'd assume you would be getting at least a u2u since the only reason the question was not answered on here was because it was public.

If you sent somebody money on ebay and you didn't receive the goods you would go to the police.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be shocking if some people dont get their money back because they cant get proof of payment, its not their fault they havent got the goods, so Dave will be pocketing money for nothing when if he had an ounce of decency in him he could repay them all quite easily.
ali_corsa

19th Oct 08 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with you xsihardy, i think its a joke as well you have only got to the 1st of november why should he put a deadline on refunds, you have waited 5 months for these lights at least he could do is just contact each member individualy and explain to them on refunds he has a list, and address they should just be sent out to that person

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 23 database queries in 0.2014000 seconds