corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
Mobby

User status: Offline
21st Oct 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the amount if u2us i got from the guy whilst trying to buy is unbelievable, yet when someones got a problem he wont u2u them reply and wont come to the phone. as you have said he didnt even send receipts.

tbh im abit shocked at ians take on the matter.

so because he has u2u'd him saying he will not trade it means you wont put anything under his name. yet i remember someone posting bad reviews about a seller which happend on anouther forum and you put something under his name and he hadnt ripped anyone off, even got round to attempted too.

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by mobby]
strick206

21st Oct 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
the amount if u2us i got from the guy whilst trying to buy is unbelievable, yet when someones got a problem he wont u2u them reply and wont come to the phone. as you have said he didnt even send receipts.

so because he has u2u'd him saying he will not trade it means you wont put anything under his name. yet i remember someone posting bad reviews about a seller which happend on anouther forum and you put something under his name and he hadnt ripped anyone off, even got round to attempted too.

Mobby, STFU about putting something under his name

That is ok with people who are trading as individuals, but it's a grey area when dealing with a company, and it could be taken further by Dave

It is obvious Ian has spoken to him and asked him not to trade on here when the company re-names itself (for reasons unknown but easy to speculate on). The only thing Ian can really do, is remove the company details from his sig and profile

Putting something under his name about his company is not advisable
Mobby

21st Oct 08 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

Mobby, STFU about putting something under his name

That is ok with people who are trading as individuals, but it's a grey area when dealing with a company, and it could be taken further by Dave

It is obvious Ian has spoken to him and asked him not to trade on here when the company re-names itself (for reasons unknown but easy to speculate on). The only thing Ian can really do, is remove the company details from his sig and profile

Putting something under his name about his company is not advisable

suck my balls strick. anyone else gets it. he let him trade as a company but when people get ripped off he leaves him trading just because hes a company. so putting dave under investigation would harm he company when he is actually in the wrong
strick206

21st Oct 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exactly can ian do to investigate a company?

He could put something under his name, like others, such as do not trade with this user, therefore don't trade with dave, but he couldn't put do not trade with V-Sport for obvious legal implications that statement could lead to
Mobby

21st Oct 08 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it used to be do not trade under investigation, when there was no real deep investigation, just u2us, stoped people trading though
strick206

21st Oct 08 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it used to be do not trade under investigation, when there was no real deep investigation, just u2us, stoped people trading though

Yes, with the person, that's a completely different thing to putting do not trade with a company
Cosmo

22nd Oct 08 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but maybe he should hav some 'Bad Seller' thing put under his username on here?
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, that is a great idea, suprised that hasnt been mentioned before...
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Oct 08 at 01:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've already had a u2u threatening legal action for the shit that is in this thread so I'm certainly not about to put a red message under anyones name and get myself any further in the shit. The thread is staying because you'll cry like a child if it goes and complain about some shit or other. If that means I get sued or prosecuted then I'll have you to thank.

I'll say it again - I have been threatened with legal action.

So what do I do now? What I want to or what you think I should?

I'm very close to trashing it as I really don't need to be dragged in to what should be an easy situation to sort out between a willing company and clever customers.

Why I need prosecuting I don't know, but that is the apparent intention so I guess I'll have to put up with it in the interests of allowing you, Barnshaw and others to moan on poking shit when they're not even involved. I hope you're grateful.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Oct 08 at 01:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so putting dave under investigation would harm he company when he is actually in the wrong
What do I need to investigate. I'm very clear what is going on and I've advised people accordingly.

Investigating people is finding out contact details because buyers didn't get them, or phoning sellers myself to get the deal moving, or involving Police if it's a criminal matter. Not putting a fucking red message on the internet because you want to label someone who is already willing and able to throw legal threats around. I really don't need that.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 02:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, why are you being threatened? what exactly has he said he will sue you on, presuming its Dave, well, who else could it be. Its a fucking joke how he can have the nerve to say that to you after everything that has happened with the group buy, again, presuming its Dave.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Oct 08 at 02:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
when there was no real deep investigation
You are really beginning to insult me now. I've spent many hours on a great many trades and for you to come along knowing nothing and say nothing really happened is very offensive. I've spent a lot of time on this one and you're still saying I'm not doing enough.

It's actually quite clear that you know very little about what is going on, have very little to add to the discussion and generally have done nothing to resolve anything.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Oct 08 at 02:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Ian, why are you being threatened? what exactly has he said he will sue you on, presuming its Dave, well, who else could it be. Its a fucking joke how he can have the nerve to say that to you after everything that has happened with the group buy, again, presuming its Dave.
It's Dave and it's about this thread. I've asked him to spend his time on more pertinent issues.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 02:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On what grounds? I hope you told him to GTF, it's his fault he is in this position quite frankly.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Oct 08 at 02:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not able to post the entire message unless Dave is happy for me to do so but the complaint centres around people having posted about the company committing theft, acting illegally, ripping people off, stealing money to aid cash flow, changing its name or going bust.

Things which the people who are posting know very little about. Which I've already said, and I've asked people to consider this, and I've attempted to rubbish any such accusations where I felt they were insubstantial. But the u2u missed all my posts and concentrated on suggesting that I should moderate my way out of it, rather than just reply to discuss it with the people who I felt were in the wrong.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 02:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is shocking, I was going to reply with something then but no doubt it would include the above so I wont bother, the joys of running a website eh..
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Oct 08 at 02:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that strikes me is that any accusations of any such wrongdoing are instantly silenced as soon as the money is returned. But the time is wasted on complaining to me. I'm not clear why you would do that.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 02:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you actually know how many people have had refunds, or how many people actually paid in the beginning? there should maybe be a thread of some sort stickied somewhere asking this as the original group thread has been trashed hasnt it?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Oct 08 at 02:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think five. It's certainly not none as some people have suggested.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 06:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
My personal opinion was he did this for some short term cash flow - but that is purely opinion.

I also said this at the start of the thread. Nice easy interest free loan right here. Still no proof of him actually ordering the lights after several requests. I know he doesn't have to post it, but if he doesn't i'll just assume what I wrote is true.

Agreed.
corsacant

22nd Oct 08 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the fact Dave is threatening you Ian with legal action because of this thread speaks volumes.
I've had personal dealings with him, I have an opinion on him prior to reading this thread, and his actions only cement that opinion.
It's frustrating the way things have carried on. Catch 22 situation by the looks of it.
ainsley_brader

22nd Oct 08 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
What sort of a company asks you to go and pay money into the account direct in cash, or by a bank transfer?

I do! It works well for both parties. I also pay all of my suppliers online too!
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
On what grounds? I hope you told him to GTF, it's his fault he is in this position quite frankly.

Unfortunately, both the forum owners and the people posting are liable for legal action, such as in the case of a Sheffield Wednesday forum last year IIRC.

People are obviously allowed to speculate about Dave and his company, but his threats probably centre around defamation of character and libel.

(sorry I haven't read the last 4 pages in their entirety only just over skimmed Ian's posts in case that has been confirmed).
BarnshaW

22nd Oct 08 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so let me get this right:

1.dave a takes money from 26 people or near enough for a group buy
2. 5/6 months later he says he cant obtain said product and says he will refund people giving them a small deadline and providing they give proof of payment (even though vsport never issued proof of payments themselves?)
4. user posts on CS as he is having trouble with vsport and users agree that said company is operating poorly and quite blatantly not interested in the customers.
5. Company then THRREATEN the forum in which they obtain sales from because THEY could not supply products to alot of people.

absolutely shocking. i mean if you are scared by these legal threats then i would imagine you would have at least say around 26 users who would back you up regarding this thread IF it ever went legal and you needed a statement.
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i mean if you are scared by these legal threats then i would imagine you would have at least say around 26 users who would back you up regarding this thread IF it ever went legal and you needed a statement.

Well it's up to Ian whether he thinks Dave is bluffing or genuinely going to pursue legal action, but in either case, as a forum owner myself I would not like to be put in that position.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.1815410 seconds