corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone nano

New Poll
  <<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i phone nano
bubble

User status: Offline
13th Nov 08 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I wasn't saying anything about vodafone and limits, it's a telecommunications industry problem, not one company.

The car manufacturers quoted figures can be achieved.

Unlimited is defined as having no limits, it's a set out well known definition.

By definition there can't be a fair usage policy or whatever other stipulations because this is no longer unlimited.

It's like me calling the blackberry storm a banana.

bananastorm
John

13th Nov 08 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Just reading a bit more about the specs, none of the material I see claims it's high def, they all say it's high resolution.

Although high res is pushing it when it's not that high res that's different from claiming it's high def.

official specs says its HD.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/blackberry-storm

you could sue for false advertising?

Just seen this one, that's just picking words and using them to make it sound good, although HD isn't as clearly defined, it's certainly not HD in the widely respected usage anyway.

That'll con people that don't really know into thinking it's HD like thire TV or their SkyHD, when in fact it's basically a lie.
James

13th Nov 08 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who gives a fuck TBH - It will never be better than the iPhone.......IMO if Vodafone got the iPhone you would be singing it's praises and saying that this shitty Blackberry is crap.
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Who gives a fuck TBH - It will never be better than the iPhone.......IMO if Vodafone got the iPhone you would be singing it's praises and saying that this shitty Blackberry is crap.

we had to say no to it im afraid.

John

13th Nov 08 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% true James, unless people have started queing out in the rain it's already failed in being the iphone killer vodafone brainwahsed bubblevaux into thinking it was.
James

13th Nov 08 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet heads rolled for that
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
100% true James, unless people have started queing out in the rain it's already failed in being the iphone killer vodafone brainwahsed bubblevaux into thinking it was.

people queued outside shops because o2 couldnt get stock to warehouse.

we are delivering to people.

there is 330k leaving 2 of our warehouses on friday.

big operation i tell you.
James

13th Nov 08 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I think it will sell a lot because most companies think the sun shines out of Blackberry's arse and will supply these as company phones.

I know for a fact my company mainly supply Blackberrys.
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TBH I think it will sell a lot because most companies think the sun shines out of Blackberry's arse and will supply these as company phones.

I know for a fact my company mainly supply Blackberrys.

blackberrys are good for communication, which is what people require. email to your phone instantly is awesome, saves having to connect etc.

iphone is good for gimmicky apps, like ipint, and idynotest, and all the others.

blackberry have a massive customer base, we are sending out over 330k this friday, and that is just through consumer channels. that doesnt include business, enterprise, or corporate clients.

as for the storm being a fail? lolz.

did nobody see our profit report the other day?

XSIHardy

13th Nov 08 at 04:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am on congrate can i upgrade to this phone?
redhotpanther

13th Nov 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah Vodafone UK is under achieving. If it wasnt for the emerging mobile markets Vodafone group would of been under achieving.

What dept do you work for? The way you go on is like you are Mr Vodafone yourself. I suspect that you are just a CSA that has been brainwashed

Dont forget Vodafone only pag your wages, not rule your life. I am all for defending the brand etc where applicable BUT the storm will not be as successful as the iphone in the consumer market. Enterprise market it will as it is more of a business orintated device imo.
James

13th Nov 08 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redhotpanther
quote:

Yeah Vodafone UK is under achieving. If it wasnt for the emerging mobile markets Vodafone group would of been under achieving.

What dept do you work for? The way you go on is like you are Mr Vodafone yourself. I suspect that you are just a CSA that has been brainwashed

Dont forget Vodafone only pag your wages, not rule your life. I am all for defending the brand etc where applicable BUT the storm will not be as successful as the iphone in the consumer market. Enterprise market it will as it is more of a business orintated device imo.

Owned.
ssj_kakarot

13th Nov 08 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right seriously this has been taken from the vodafone website its self.

Mobile Internet and email pack (Pay monthly customers only)

The Mobile Internet and email pack is a monthly data access bundle available on compatible price plans. It can be included in your monthly line rental fee or added to your account as a monthly subscription. The Pack gives you unlimited data access in the UK only, subject to a fair use limit of 500mb per month. If we think your use is excessive or that you are abusing the service we may ask you to moderate your usage and/or we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the standard out of bundle rate for your price plan. We may also move you to a more suitable price plan or an equivalent price plan without a Mobile Internet and email pack. The Mobile Internet and email pack is for private non-commercial use only and roaming charges apply to all data access from abroad.

If you take out a month by month subscription to the Mobile Internet and email pack you will receive one calendar month’s subscription free. After one month your subscription of £7.50 per month will be charged to your pay monthly bill unless you terminate your subscription in accordance with its terms. Because subscription payments are taken in advance, charges for the following billing period may show on your bill after you have notified us that you wish to cancel your subscription. These charges will be corrected on your next bill.

Month by month subscriptions can be cancelled at anytime by calling 191, through the My Account pages on your handset or by visiting a Vodafone store. Once you notify us that you wish to cancel, the pack will be removed from your account with near immediate effect.

there you can not arque with that at all they even say if its over they can charge or drop the data package like i said.

sorry but ill believe the terms and conditions over word of mouth.
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly-thats on the older price plans where charge is 7.50 and not £5

secondly, it says the below.......

we may ask you to moderate your usage and/or we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the standard out of bundle rate for your price plan

we reserve the right too.

but we dont-its to protect us-what isnt sinking in karot?
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redhotpanther
quote:

vodafone uk or global it doesnt matter-we ar emaking money.

and i work at DSO, not CSA as u put it.

LeeM

13th Nov 08 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The Pack gives you unlimited data access in the UK only, subject to a fair use limit of 500mb per month

Robbo

13th Nov 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
None of the companies should get away with using unlimited, it's a clearly defined word and their usage of it is not correct, that's a different matter though.
agreed
Robbo

13th Nov 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
we do sell the iphone in some markets and we pulle dout of the discussions not the other wa round, if you review At&T's latest guidance youll see they made a whopping loss on iphone sales due to the large rev share
Robbo

13th Nov 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I bet heads rolled for that
no
ShEp

13th Nov 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vodafone turned down the iphone?

then why,......

quote:
We've had rumours. We've had speculation. Now, after over a year of waiting, we have our first fact: Vodafone will be launching the iPhone in Australia at some point this year.

Sadly, that's about all they've said. They've sent out a press release stating that they've signed an agreement with Apple to release the iPhone on Vodafone in 10 countries, including Australia, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Greece, Italy, India, Portugal, New Zealand, South Africa and Turkey.

There's no word about exclusivity, pricing, release date or whether it will be the new 3G version, although speculation is already running rampant that the other major Australian carriers will have the device as well, and that we'll definitely see the 3G version.

Russell Hewett, CEO of Vodafone Australia, offered this comment to whet our appetite for the inevitable stream of iPhone related news we're about to get:

Vodafone Australia is enormously pleased to be included in the agreement to sell the iPhone to our customers later this year.

The iPhone will be the perfect addition to Vodafone Australia's mobile handset range. The iPhone's Australian launch is well-timed to coincide with our plans to deliver an enhanced mobile internet and entertainment experience to customers.

The iPhone has already proved to be extremely popular with customers in other parts of the world and Vodafone is confident that today's announcement will be well received by all Australians who are keen to get their hands on their own iPhone."

Then why are they all over it like cheese on toast now?
bubble

14th Nov 08 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Vodafone turned down the iphone?

then why,......

quote:
We've had rumours. We've had speculation. Now, after over a year of waiting, we have our first fact: Vodafone will be launching the iPhone in Australia at some point this year.

Sadly, that's about all they've said. They've sent out a press release stating that they've signed an agreement with Apple to release the iPhone on Vodafone in 10 countries, including Australia, the Czech Republic, Egypt, Greece, Italy, India, Portugal, New Zealand, South Africa and Turkey.

There's no word about exclusivity, pricing, release date or whether it will be the new 3G version, although speculation is already running rampant that the other major Australian carriers will have the device as well, and that we'll definitely see the 3G version.

Russell Hewett, CEO of Vodafone Australia, offered this comment to whet our appetite for the inevitable stream of iPhone related news we're about to get:

Vodafone Australia is enormously pleased to be included in the agreement to sell the iPhone to our customers later this year.

The iPhone will be the perfect addition to Vodafone Australia's mobile handset range. The iPhone's Australian launch is well-timed to coincide with our plans to deliver an enhanced mobile internet and entertainment experience to customers.

The iPhone has already proved to be extremely popular with customers in other parts of the world and Vodafone is confident that today's announcement will be well received by all Australians who are keen to get their hands on their own iPhone."

Then why are they all over it like cheese on toast now?

thats old news.

its in a few countries in europe with voda, select countries where customers accept having to pay for handsets.

uk voda decided no at the last minute as it was anticipated to be financially non viable, such as it has been at at&t and o2 (cue the selling of 3 to orange for funds)

John

14th Nov 08 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't believe that story for a second tbh.

The hype around it would have been massive advertising for the network even for people not buying the iphone.
I don't know the real reason either but it wasn't because vodafone decided they didn't want it.
Joe

14th Nov 08 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, you need to go to Voda-camp mate and get your facts right.
ShEp

14th Nov 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the last I;m saying on the matter

Bubblevaux and robbo are vodabrainwashedfone

No1 can win in an argument against vodafone

P.s. Your reception up here is shit,
Robbo

14th Nov 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't believe that story for a second tbh.

The hype around it would have been massive advertising for the network even for people not buying the iphone.
I don't know the real reason either but it wasn't because vodafone decided they didn't want it.
Ask Apple then, we pulled on the talks because they wanted the rev-share

2G iPhon e was a huge flop for O2 and AT&T due to everyone unlockign them etc., 3G iPhone may generate some money nxt year (most likely will) but AT&T & O2 have lost quite a bit on it... sure their customer numbers are up but its not all about customer numbers

As Scott said, other markets are more used to payign for handsets and so the iphone model works there whereas in the UK it doesnt really (as prove dby the fact that Apple dumped the model when the 3G version came out)

Yes it sells by the bucketload but it actually doesntm ake much money for the networks but thats neve rbeen O2s priority... they have always focusse don customer numbers first and foremost

<<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll