corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone nano

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i phone nano
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
11th Nov 08 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the data tarrif on voda isnt unlimited though its 500mb a month, and believe me with yourtube ect this is very easily reached.

so the you dont need wifi you have unlimited data is a bit of a con really.
Matt H

11th Nov 08 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Even with trainers on his hands he can still press the individual buttons on the Storm, thats how big it is.
Robbo

11th Nov 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
the data tarrif on voda isnt unlimited though its 500mb a month, and believe me with yourtube ect this is very easily reached.

the data is unlimited
Robbo

11th Nov 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
BB Storm, & Vodafone Marketing... OMGZ FAILZ

...IMOZ
Tbh anyhtign and vodafone marketing = failz!
bubble

11th Nov 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

data is unlimited as previously said
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

data is unlimited as previously said

is it unlimited only on the storms tariff then?

thats ok then take what i said back, still the phone is a big letdown from the destroyer of worlds that it was initally meant to be lol.
John

12th Nov 08 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are people queing up outside vodafone stores already.

Oh wait, that was the iphone
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

the data is unlimited

hmmm just been reading the advert for it in the paper and it says £35 a month including unlimited internet ect, checked the small print which reads.....

"unlimited email is with web browsing pack which is included for the duration of your price plan. monthly data allowance is 500mb (uk only)."

errrrr thats what i was talking about the unlimited internet has a 500mb fair usuage so its not unlimited, i have the same package.

so either theres a super duper tariff your talking about or you didnt know which doesnt reflect well on vodafone training lol
John

12th Nov 08 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's only a 500mb limit that falls massively short of being able to use the 3g connection instead of wifi.

This gets worse as it goes along tbh.
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If it's only a 500mb limit that falls massively short of being able to use the 3g connection instead of wifi.

This gets worse as it goes along tbh.

yeah thats what i said a few posts up, not really unlimited im guessing its really not seen as the advert was solely for the storm its self and the small print will relate strickly to the storm, so deffo 500mb limit although its not a hard limit its just a soft limit but 500mb is still quite small especially if your streaming/youtube ect.
Robbo

12th Nov 08 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont work for Vodaofne UK anymore so it has no reflection on our training... as far as i a aware unlimited data is unlimied, if its only 500mb then fair enough, its not great but 500mb is quite a lot given what most people use their phone for

guy i work with does shedload son his phone internetwise an dhas never breached 400MB let alone 500MB
bubble

12th Nov 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is unlimited through a handset apn. 500mb policy is there for if people connect handset to a laptop and use it as a modem.

as previously mentioned
Matt H

12th Nov 08 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used more than that in a month before
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it is unlimited through a handset apn. 500mb policy is there for if people connect handset to a laptop and use it as a modem.

as previously mentioned

its really not you know its a fair use policy of 500mb for all the unlimited internet packages, its in the small print.

i was also told this at the time when i took the contract out by customer services, my friend also works for customer services and said this aswell.

and the terms and conditions say that you can not use your phone as a modem at all.
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
I've used more than that in a month before

yeah me to its not a hard policy if your over they wont do much unless its by a very large ammount in which case they can remove the package ect according to the terms and conditions.
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a link below, one of hundreds on google. so no its not unlimited.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3701-500mb-usage-allowance-passes-asa-unlimited-test.html

[Edited on 12-11-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I dont work for Vodaofne UK anymore so it has no reflection on our training... as far as i a aware unlimited data is unlimied, if its only 500mb then fair enough, its not great but 500mb is quite a lot given what most people use their phone for

guy i work with does shedload son his phone internetwise an dhas never breached 400MB let alone 500MB

i stream slingbox so data soon adds up, although i am in the minority i presume.

[Edited on 12-11-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
John

12th Nov 08 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of the companies should get away with using unlimited, it's a clearly defined word and their usage of it is not correct, that's a different matter though.
ssj_kakarot

12th Nov 08 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
None of the companies should get away with using unlimited, it's a clearly defined word and their usage of it is not correct, that's a different matter though.

yeah its pretty sneaky really isnt it, then again if there employee's dont actually know about it i guess most of the general public dont know/care about it enough to make a big stink lol.
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

tbh, you can apply that for everything in some twisted way.

car manufacturers advertise that a car get a certain mpg-but thats under certain circumstances etc.

ssj_karot-this is the stance, after all, this is what i do.

unlimited data, is as it says unlimited data-through mobile phone handsets. as previously mentioned before, the 500MB is our get out clause so that if people use there phone as a modem, we can say that we said it cant be used as a modem, and that we still gave 500MB to use anyway.

the system that is used records APN's and if its seen to come from a mobile, there is NO limit at all.

for example, my blackberry is ALWAYS online, and the last time i checked i had used 311MB so far this month (upto 11th November)

data through a handset is unlimited, perhaps you will give me the name of your friend in customer services, and i can drop him an email with the link to all of our legal internal jargon, that explains this.

same as texts, unlimited, our guys see accounts daily where people are sending upwards of 10,000 sms a month. a local client to me, has sim cards from us, inserted into a laptop that sends 1000's of sms adverts daily-and still no charge, because its unlimited.
ssj_kakarot

13th Nov 08 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

tbh, you can apply that for everything in some twisted way.

car manufacturers advertise that a car get a certain mpg-but thats under certain circumstances etc.

ssj_karot-this is the stance, after all, this is what i do.

unlimited data, is as it says unlimited data-through mobile phone handsets. as previously mentioned before, the 500MB is our get out clause so that if people use there phone as a modem, we can say that we said it cant be used as a modem, and that we still gave 500MB to use anyway.

the system that is used records APN's and if its seen to come from a mobile, there is NO limit at all.

for example, my blackberry is ALWAYS online, and the last time i checked i had used 311MB so far this month (upto 11th November)

data through a handset is unlimited, perhaps you will give me the name of your friend in customer services, and i can drop him an email with the link to all of our legal internal jargon, that explains this.

same as texts, unlimited, our guys see accounts daily where people are sending upwards of 10,000 sms a month. a local client to me, has sim cards from us, inserted into a laptop that sends 1000's of sms adverts daily-and still no charge, because its unlimited.

thats crap if thats the case why does it say in the terms and conditions the limit of txts is something like 3500 lol, would you write me a letter officially from vodafone and explain that i have no limit on my unlimited data bundle lol sorry but its really not unlimited if it says fair use of 500mb that meens its not unlimited end of.

and like i said the condition of the data package states specifically thay you are not allowed to tether your phone and use it as a modem.

And you going to be ringing a lot of pepople in customer services then to explain there wrong like i said i was also told this numerous times when i was enquiring about my new contract and at the point of me taking the new contract out, so theres a lot of people in customer services who have it wrong wouldnt you say.

seriously if i ran my mobile none stop for a week streaming my slingbox the data would reach a very large ammount are you seriously telling me no one would ring and say anything im pretty sure they would.

but fair enough you work there i dont anymore, although you have been wrong abbout numerous things throughout this thread but ill leave it at that then.

[Edited on 13-11-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are you still arguing this?

pay as you talk has text limits. contract no.

think how many active subscribers there are in the uk on unlimted text and data. does everyone of these customers keep to what you believe is a "limit" for text and data? no, so why are they not suing us or complain for going over? BECAUSE THEY DONT CHARGE

as stated before, the 500mb is there to protect us IF people use there phones as a modem, so we can say we gave some leniancy towards them.

there are quotes saying fair usage applies. fair usage is not a limit, its what we deem to be fair. if u want an email from vodafone explaining this, u2u me ur number and i will happily oblige, go into your account and email you.
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u mentioned above u used to work there? so u will know the pre may 2008 on the ctr2 tariffs, there was a limit of 3000. post may 2008 with ctr3 tariffs text are unlimited
bubble

13th Nov 08 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just reading a bit more about the specs, none of the material I see claims it's high def, they all say it's high resolution.

Although high res is pushing it when it's not that high res that's different from claiming it's high def.

official specs says its HD.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/blackberry-storm

you could sue for false advertising?
John

13th Nov 08 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't saying anything about vodafone and limits, it's a telecommunications industry problem, not one company.

The car manufacturers quoted figures can be achieved.

Unlimited is defined as having no limits, it's a set out well known definition.

By definition there can't be a fair usage policy or whatever other stipulations because this is no longer unlimited.

It's like me calling the blackberry storm a banana.

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll