corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » i phone nano

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i phone nano
bubble

User status: Offline
10th Oct 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps-no wi-fi is a cack i will admit.

i can understand why though for commerical reasons.

Matt H

10th Oct 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your'e more stupid than I had first thought. It will still be slower with more people using it
Brabus

10th Oct 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Your'e more stupid than I had first thought. It will still be slower with more people using it

You mean you didnt think he was stupid at first
John

10th Oct 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still think this will be as big as you originally thought even though it's not got 3 amazing never seen before features and doesn't do anything that other current phones do better.
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

did u not understand what i said? ill explain this in simple terms for you. the 3g network, including UMTS has just been expanded, and is going to be switched on very soon. so, the people with HSDPA/UMTS devices will be on a different platform, with digital APN's.

so the normal 3g nework that uses a 1.8 AP wont be affected.

is that easy for u to grasp?
Cosmo

10th Oct 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When is hell going to break loose?
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You still think this will be as big as you originally thought even though it's not got 3 amazing never seen before features and doesn't do anything that other current phones do better.

it does have 3 never before seen features. there is no phone out now that can connect to UMTS and still use gsm to make a call.

there is no phone with a clickable touch screen.

there is no other consumer phone that is BOTH itunes and windows media player compatible. (apart from iphone)

there is no phone that records video and takes photos in high def.

there is also no other phone that is finger programmable and knows how big ur finger ur thumb is when selecting a part of screen whe not depressed.

i love it how people are still assuming its crap-yet telesales pre-orders are already over 80k.

seriously funny.
Brabus

10th Oct 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

did u not understand what i said? ill explain this in simple terms for you. the 3g network, including UMTS has just been expanded, and is going to be switched on very soon. so, the people with HSDPA/UMTS devices will be on a different platform, with digital APN's.

I don't understands all this but basically what your saying is that the thousands of blackberry storm users you talk about will not be using the same 3G network that the thousands of iPhone users are currently using?

[Edited on 10-10-2008 by Brabus]
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
When is hell going to break loose?

very soon. brace yourself.
Cosmo

10th Oct 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been strapped in since you first posted it and really need the loo now, so better be soon.
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brabus
quote:
quote:

I don't understands all this but basically what your saying is that the thousands of blackberry storm users you talk about will not be using the same 3G network that the thousands of iPhone users are currently using?

[Edited on 10-10-2008 by Brabus]

correct. there is gsm(makin regualr phone calls) 3g(data but iphone uses o2's slower edge system, currently at 2.1g) and UMTS/HSDPA. Vodafone have a new HSDPA platform that is essentially a 3g coonection but stronger. so any HSDPA UMTS device can use this platform to free up our 3g network. dont forget only Vodafone use our own HSDPA UMTS network, even though orange use our 3g masts, nobody apart from us uses HSDPA.

when any HSDPA blackberry is registered on the wireless network, a system called ISAACA changes the APN (Acces Point Name) to a different connection, in this case, UMTS/HSDPA.
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ive been strapped in since you first posted it and really need the loo now, so better be soon.

as much as your takin the piss out of me, you do make me laugh
Cosmo

10th Oct 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Im not really taking the piss out of you, just the fact you have fallen hook, line and sinker for the garbage the Vodafone people have fed you. Which is a great thing for you as its a product you'll be working with - but funny to me as you're posting like you've just seen Vodafone create a direct line to God.
Hammer

10th Oct 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did Vodafone ask yuo if they could do that Cosmobot?
Cosmo

10th Oct 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Did Vodafone ask yuo if they could do that Cosmobot?

Yeah, they couldnt afford a direct line to me.
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Im not really taking the piss out of you, just the fact you have fallen hook, line and sinker for the garbage the Vodafone people have fed you. Which is a great thing for you as its a product you'll be working with - but funny to me as you're posting like you've just seen Vodafone create a direct line to God.

it may be construed as garbage-they said it would sell loads-it sold over 80k already to new customers who havent even held the device yet.

i may have been brainwashed with there marketing-if it makes me more enthusiastic around my staff, great stuff. all i know, from my perspective, is that we have a phone that does what the iphone does, and considering the CS quotes off "joe public wont buy it" and "3-5% of people that asked for info will have it max" are pleasing to me. based on web site hits and preorders, its comfortably sitting at 50% take up.

i love it, and so will thousands upon thousands of other people.

(verizon in states have set up over 2.1 million customers on Storm price-plans,if anybody wanted to know-500k approx more than the iphone in first week of announcement)

danke
Hammer

10th Oct 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fact of the matter is this.

If i were to ask my mum what an iPhone was she would know as it's a worldwide phenomonon, if i was to ask her what a Blackberry Storm was she'd ask me if i had taken drugs as it doesn't rain fruit.

[Edited on 10-10-2008 by Hammer]
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fact of the matter is this.

If i were to ask my mum what an iPhone was she would know it's a worldwide phenomonon, if i was to ask her what a Blackberry Storm was she'd ask me if i had taken drugs as it doesn't rain fruit.

so she should-its been out nearly 18 months.

i appreciate what you are syaing, but fact of the matter is this-corsasport say joe public wont be interested. Joe Public are interested. or it would not have sold.

Hammer

10th Oct 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport is a snapshot of Joe Public, you still fail to acknowledge that!
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to go now to do some more press work.

there is a storm coming people
Cosmo

10th Oct 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it may be construed as garbage-they said it would sell loads-it sold over 80k already to new customers who havent even held the device yet.

As in handed the money over sold, or im interested but havent paid yet sold?

quote:

and considering the CS quotes off "joe public wont buy it" and "3-5% of people that asked for info will have it max" are pleasing to me. based on web site hits and preorders, its comfortably sitting at 50% take up.

So 80,000 ordered, 50% take up means 160,000 unique website hits? Yet you and Robbo were saying it had something like 60k+ in the first few days?
Hammer

10th Oct 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll say one thing for Vodafone btw, their staff training is absolutely spot on
Cosmo

10th Oct 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'll say one thing for Vodafone btw, their staff training is absolutely spot on

I think they call it brainwashing there.
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Corsasport is a snapshot of Joe Public, you still fail to acknowledge that!

a snapshot?

i understand that out of every 25 members on here who slated it 1 liked it.

i dont see what you are not grasping? the handset has sold MORE than the iphone did within first week of launch-and the storm isnt out yet. so it has sold more pre-release, than when the iphone was actually released.

and in the uk, in 1 week, we have just over 80k acquisitions from other networks coming to get the storm. so as the corsasport bandwagon say it is a snapshot, the bigger picture is that the phone has gone public, and a lot more people are askin for it than what corsasport says.

in the next week, i shall be able to find out the amount of returns from o2 on original iphone coming back for the storm. it will be interesting i think.
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

As in handed the money over sold, or im interested but havent paid yet sold?

quote:

and considering the CS quotes off "joe public wont buy it" and "3-5% of people that asked for info will have it max" are pleasing to me. based on web site hits and preorders, its comfortably sitting at 50% take up.

So 80,000 ordered, 50% take up means 160,000 unique website hits? Yet you and Robbo were saying it had something like 60k+ in the first few days?

i didnt make myself clear. online is getting battered with info requests. telesales have had over 160k queries about it with just slightly over 80k actually ordering handset.

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll