corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PROBLEM: Oil Light prob

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROBLEM: Oil Light prob
ad1989

User status: Offline
30th Jun 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to post this in the help section but thought it may get more attention here.

Dont know much about engines myself so thought i would describe the problem and get the opinions of people on here..

Car is a 1.0 12 v.

Engine drops to very low RPM (500-750) then picks up to around 1000 RPM. This occurs when coming to a stop...at this point the RPM is very low. When halted and at idle, it picks up to around 1000 RPM.

At the Very low point, the OIL LIGHT 'flickers'. It seems as though the engine is being starved of oil at low RPM but when RPM increases, the problem goes.

Any help appreciated.
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were close to posting in the right section then Well done.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
ad1989

30th Jun 08 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smart reply. came on here for a quick answer not a smart arse comment.
flybikeslee

30th Jun 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ad1989
Smart reply. came on here for a quick answer not a smart arse comment.

FAIL
sand-eel

30th Jun 08 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^
sounds like your idle control valve is buggered, the oil light will go on at low revs
ad1989

30th Jun 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

sounds like your idle control valve is buggered, the oil light will go on at low revs

will have to get it looked at.. cheers anyway. nice to see its not that hard to get a straight answer from someone
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcy Marc

B3KAN

30th Jun 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Limecat
Banned

30th Jun 08 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oil pressure is lower at idle than when up in the revs, a few bar difference. If it is dropping below idle then the oil pressure is firing the light on.
ad1989

30th Jun 08 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people wonder why meets are often low in attendance... says a lot when you ask a question in the wrong section and get a fuckin smart arse comment!
ad1989

30th Jun 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Oil pressure is lower at idle than when up in the revs, a few bar difference. If it is dropping below idle then the oil pressure is firing the light on.

what would this take to fix?

idle control valve im guessing seeing as it was mentioned earlier?

[Edited on 30-06-2008 by ad1989]
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if everyone took your approach and posted in the wrong section in order to get it 'noticed more' then there would be no point in having the sections

I dont understand how this has any affect on meets though

Marcy Marc

B3KAN

30th Jun 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey

Because we are all to busy on here pointing out ppl who post in the wrong sections
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
quote:

Because we are all to busy on here pointing out ppl who post in the wrong sections

Marcy Marc

ad1989

30th Jun 08 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But if everyone took your approach and posted in the wrong section in order to get it 'noticed more' then there would be no point in having the sections

nice one. to be honest- its late, i wanted an answer before i went to work in morning..ive got that now so keep your smart arse comments to yourself. it was of no help to the question i asked anyway
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet dreams.

Marcy Marc

ad1989

30th Jun 08 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck off
Limecat
Banned

30th Jun 08 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

what would this take to fix?

idle control valve im guessing seeing as it was mentioned earlier?

[Edited on 30-06-2008 by ad1989]

It could be as simple as an air leak post AFM, or it could be that a stop isn't set correctly? I have never played with a 1.0 though as a sensor would cost more than the engine is worth.

quote:

Agree on both points.

I hardly venture into this section and normally only go in the classifieds bit but I noticed on the main board that you were last to reply so came for a nosey as you are probably the person off here that I have met (and didn't already know). Best place to get an answer to a tech question is in a tech thread. Just as the best place to get a prostitute is in a whore house, logical thinking and all that!

Not getting a link between posting in the correct section on the internet and attendance at meets unless people take the internet too seriously and slash their wrists in frustration, because obviously then the attendances would drop.
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fuck off

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not getting a link between posting in the correct section on the internet and attendance at meets unless people take the internet too seriously and slash their wrists in frustration, because obviously then the attendances would drop.

Marcy Marc

ad1989

30th Jun 08 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was basically saying... I and i can imagine many others would want to meet people who were helpful etc. For people who dont post often, it gives a pretty bad impression when a tech question is asked and a stupid comment is given. All the thread took is for someone in the know to answer the question and jst put ' in future its probably best to post in the tech section as it does get regular viewing'...simple. I would presume that alot more newcomers would be happy to attend meets etc and show their faces more when given friendly advice. rant over..but i think i have a point.
B3KAN

30th Jun 08 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
fuck off

Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 08 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xXx

Marcy Marc

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Jul 08 at 01:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you never go to meets anyway
Fonz
Premium Member

1st Jul 08 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
was basically saying... I and i can imagine many others would want to meet people who were helpful etc. For people who dont post often, it gives a pretty bad impression when a tech question is asked and a stupid comment is given. All the thread took is for someone in the know to answer the question and jst put ' in future its probably best to post in the tech section as it does get regular viewing'...simple. I would presume that alot more newcomers would be happy to attend meets etc and show their faces more when given friendly advice. rant over..but i think i have a point.

you have a point but its tediously weak and not relevant on the internet in the world wide community.
how recieving feedback from someone Scotland (for example) would effect my likelyhood to attend and meet in Norwich i dont know. What would your response be if if was "Dunkenfool" who replied who is in Spain, or CorsAsh who is in Germany?

and as for making a stupid comment? that first post was niether stupid nor useless - for a start it made sense!. ok it didnt answer your question but it did offer where to find help.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PROBLEM: Oil Light prob 23 database queries in 0.0897729 seconds