corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x20xev mount

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x20xev mount
James_H

User status: Offline
31st May 08 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi my mate is looking to put a 2.0 16v ecotec engine into his corsa b with out power steering. are thay the same mounts as the c20xe ?
teddytopend

31st May 08 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mount the same as the xe.
James_H

1st Jun 08 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks!
GrolschWalsh

10th Sep 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, let me know how you go about doing this - I am doing the same, i.e. putting a 2 litre ecotec in this wekend, have removed power steering, but have the problem that the tensioner is part of the power steering mount, which has too come off as the corsa b engine mount goes where it was... see my other post..... ( http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=517709# ) let me know if / how you get around this!!!
ripley

10th Sep 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate convert to v pully

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=512564&pid=6751504#pid6751504

[Edited on 10-09-2009 by ripley]
GrolschWalsh

10th Sep 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean by convert it to V pulley? Sorry if im sounding a bit simple on these matters, im not a mechanic, a bit of a have a go hero!
ripley

10th Sep 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam running pas on mine, i set mine up with the XE setup double crank v pully and v pully alt.i put the ribbed belt setup on first and the alt was hitting the leg.so not a lot of room. what body type do you have 1 or 2?
GrolschWalsh

11th Sep 09 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, well assume you are ok then as have a tensioner? Do you have any pics? Mine is a type 2 shell....

What leg was your alternator hitting???

The engine is still on an engine crane at the moment as I didnt want to put it in to find it had to come out to get a belt to fit....

Can you do me a favour, and look at your engine bay, and tell me if you undid the top securing bolts, how far back the alternator could rock on the bottom axis without hitting the bulkhead? Cheers...

New Poll