corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » How about a sort of FAQ section?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How about a sort of FAQ section?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
8th Apr 08 at 01:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Wikipedia quite a lot and I've also contributed to it in the past. I think it's a great resource and I don't buy the academic uproar that its worthless and not a proper reference tool. A lot of the information is very good. There is some that is poorly structured or written, and some that would need verification before you relied upon it but the average contribution is good.

It'll all be authenticated through the board and it could even be a special privilege that is granted before you can edit. All easy enough to do.
Paul_J

8th Apr 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure it records track of previous versions like the wiki does, so if someone does just write complete bollocks over it, then it can be rolled back easily. oh and also make sure it logs and shows who made each edit, so it can be named and shamed if someone acts an idiot.

Yeh I find wiki extremely useful for information, i often go there first to find something out, but as you say, currently it's disallowed academically to reference to the document, as it's not a static page and can be ever changing. (although all web pages in theory aren't static and could change at any point too).
Ste
Premium Member

8th Apr 08 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great idea, who suggested that last ight on msn

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Paul_J

8th Apr 08 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The hazards of wikipedia

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=423449
Gaz

10th Apr 08 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If any one is VEY good with flash, you could create a generic car with clickable area's which will explain the different parts of a car and meanings.
A basic glossary woud need to be set first though.
Norledge

16th Apr 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've written several how to guides in the past for other clubs, obv because i wrote them i have the right of ownership therefore i'll post them up in the new forum...

Mainly 106 stuff, camming, engine removal etc etc but i could easily modify them to a generic sense

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » How about a sort of FAQ section? 24 database queries in 0.0129430 seconds