corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not sure what to do *UPDATE...For the worse*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not sure what to do *UPDATE...For the worse*
Willox

User status: Offline
   26th Mar 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right.first off i crashed the car on Sunday night after the brakes locked up in the snow and the car slid and hit the kerb.Was a fair old whack with the kerb which resulted in the rear axle needing replaced at the garage .

Anyway my main reason for posting is that i got my car back tonight and when i was looking at the car i noticed that the rear offside arch has a big gap between the arch and the wheel big enough to fit my whole hand in where as the on the rear nearside arch is hard up against the wheel causing it to rub which it didnt do before My mate told me that some early corsas were recalled by vauxhall due to having an off centred axle and he thinks i might have one now on my car but i don't know if this is true or not. Just wondering if any of you have any advice on what I have been told soo far or what I can do in regards to going back to the garage or what? cheers

[Edited on 27-03-2008 by corsa_loon1]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Mar 08 at 01:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get the replacement axle from mate?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jordan C

26th Mar 08 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like u've bent the chassis m8 jig work needed

Have the the garage defo put a new axel on it or just tryed to bent it back maybe? or put a axel off anther bent corsa on it?

[Edited on 26-03-2008 by corsaloonjc]
jamesvalver

26th Mar 08 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

contact will94. im sure he had this problem when he swapped his rear beam
Willox

26th Mar 08 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vegasphil-Axle came from a breakers yeard so isnt a brand new axle and i'm almost positive it came off a 1993 corsa ls and put on my 2000 corsa 1.2 16v club

corsaloonjc- 99.9% sure it's a new axle because it was my mate that did the work for me at the garage he works at

Jamesvalver-Will do mate,cheers

anyone else?
andyc1234

26th Mar 08 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might of bent the rear axle mountings. i did mine when i slid into a fence a few week ago but i smashed the side of the car in as well. i just bashed mine back with a big hammer and slapped a spare axle on and its fine.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Mar 08 at 01:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm confused here - is it a new axle or one from a breakers? You appear to have answered the question twice and said totally different things each time.
B3KAN

26th Mar 08 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'm confused here - is it a new axle or one from a breakers? You appear to have answered the question twice and said totally different things each time.

1 from a breakers
Willox

26th Mar 08 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Do apoligise.When i said it was a new axle I was referring to the point that was made of it possibly being the original one which had possibly attempted to be straightened out,sorry for confusion.I should have said it is a 'different' one from the original but yeh its from a breakers yard.cheers b3kan
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Mar 08 at 01:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh k.

Did the garage supply the axle? First port of call is simply to ask them what they think.
Willox

26th Mar 08 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I just left it down to the garage from the moment it was taken in.They said they were able to get an axle from a local breakers yard but the guy told my dad when he phone that they would fit the replacement axle first before they could tell if it was the only work they were gonna have to do and they have obviously signed off the job card to say it's complete but I'm not too happy with it as before my knock the axle I had wasn't like the one that is on just now
B3KAN

26th Mar 08 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you aint happy then take it back and let them know your concerns
Willox

26th Mar 08 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was my immediate thought but i am struggling to pay off this bill as it is.let alone paying for another one if it needs changing
B3KAN

26th Mar 08 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_loon1
That was my immediate thought but i am struggling to pay off this bill as it is.let alone paying for another one if it needs changing

If its the axle thats at fault then they will have to replace it with another free off charge as it was them that got the 2nd hand axle
Richardhhha

26th Mar 08 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have not fixed your car properly so they have to pay not you
Willox

26th Mar 08 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll speak to them tomorrow and see what they say,because like i say the wheels never sat like this before the accident so don't understand why it does now unless they have missed something out
Willox

26th Mar 08 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate that was fixing it even told me that they got one axle delivered from the breakers yard and he took one look at it and threw it back in their van as it was about as much use as the one they had removed
B3KAN

26th Mar 08 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh overtons has heaps off corsas so why they fitted an axle off an old 93 model i dont know they should have got 1 that was the same or closer to your year off car just incae there is a difference in them,

Defo take it back and let them know you aint happy mate
Willox

26th Mar 08 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy I did think this too but who knows
Willox

27th Mar 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right.took my car back to the garage and he suggested the chassis might be knocked out of line so took it to a local insurance approved body repair shop and he confirmed it is and that it's going to need a laser alignment jig.I know it will be expensive but does anyone have any idea of how much?
Willox

27th Mar 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
Jordan C

27th Mar 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask the bodyshop?
Joe

27th Mar 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they use the Stub axles off your car that you crashed, if so that will be bent for a start.
Willox

27th Mar 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joe6886-I'm not sure to be honest.the boss boy at the garage it was in just said there was nothing they could do and told me to go to the local bodyshop which i did but the bodyshop owner said he wouldnt be able to do it on his jig because it will be needing laser aligned to see how much it's out by
Joe

27th Mar 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'd start by asking the garage, I hit a curb when I had my Corsa. Replaced the Stub axle first, the wheel was still out so ended up getting a second hand Rear beam and it was perfect.

If they have used your original Stub axle it will 100% be bent, especially if it did bend the rear beam.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not sure what to do *UPDATE...For the worse* 23 database queries in 0.1106100 seconds