corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » G19 GTR STOLEN - TIME ATTACK CAR - EDINBURGH - NOW FOUND

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author G19 GTR STOLEN - TIME ATTACK CAR - EDINBURGH - NOW FOUND
Fee

User status: Offline
17th Mar 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking it must have been lifted (spec lift) and covered.....

Bastards have a lot of my tools too, car battery conditioner, oil, diff oil etc.... and my smelly football kit.

I was saying earlier that i'd batter there fucking heads in with a hammer.... but they fuckers stole that too.

I'm not going to bash the police just yet.... its not like i'm the only one thats had something go missing. It cant be easy for them either :/ But i would have thought something would or should have been seen on surrounding street CCTV.... but how on earth do you get them to watch that, and is it all recorded?
Mobby

17th Mar 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Organised crime!? Would have needed to be well organised iirc the car lives 200 miles away Adam was just in Edin for a day or 2. Who knows :S. Do the police have any leads, is there any related thefts recently or has this been 1 off? Or usual nothing from them?

didnt know that bit
Colin

17th Mar 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems likely, highly possibly someone has seen it during the day, recognised what it was, maybe even seen online & knew exactly what it was reg. spec, marketable parts (as to 80% of folk id imagine it looks a car plastered in stickers in need of a respray - would have to be someone that knows exactly what they've got - unless im way off the mark & its just been an opportunist, which I think is doubtfull), then they've came back at night to take on a truck as it would be daft to drive off in it, & whoever knew what the car was would know that! Theres one theory anyway

Im sure your within your rights to request any cctv tape, should maybe look into that, as im sure it would be easy to spot something big enough to move a car.

Absolute cunts eh, a hammer to the skull wouldnt be good enough for them!

Yeah s'pose the police are busy, not just got one car to look for. Still id have hoped it would be an easier case to solve than a stolen micra.

[Edited on 17-03-2008 by Colin]
Fee

17th Mar 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just phoned the CCTV centre in Edinburgh... they have camera's on some of the main routes away from the area it was taken from.

Ive now emailed lothian and borders poilice (they say thats the best way :s ) asking for a viewing of the tapes over the relevent time frame. See what comes of this but I hope to shit that this will have been done already :/
Colin

17th Mar 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No neighbours in your block see/hear anything?

No cctv in leith area? What about that classic car club round the corner, surely they might have some cameras mounted? Thats on the way in/out isnt it?

[Edited on 17-03-2008 by Colin]
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Mar 08 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc you are entitled to cctv under these circumstances although you may have yo pay a small fee for a copy of the tape.
John

17th Mar 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's not a chance the police will have done something sensible like look at cctv, it'll just be another car theft to them and it'll be at the bottom of a pile of paperwork somewhere.

Keeping an eye out on the forums is prob the best way tbh with the amount of people that know it.
Hammer

17th Mar 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My guess would be the shell being scrapped and the engine turning up in another shell. How do you go about finding that out though without lifting the bonnet of every highly tuned skyline in Britain?
Fee

17th Mar 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can measure the catch tank and know for sure
Mattb

17th Mar 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe worth posting the engine number? (if it is the same as is on the V5)
Fee

17th Mar 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to start posting engine and chassis no's

Offering a £1000 reward for anyone that can secure its return, or offer information leading to its return.
andyc1234

17th Mar 08 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted for you wish i could help
Timbaland
Banned

17th Mar 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion, The scum that took it knew what they were taking and knew the work, money, and effort that the car holds.

Not any tom, dick or harry knoiw what to expect from your car, I bet the gobshites are closer to home than you think.

The car has been seen perfroming, or at a show and the person from then on knew what they were taking.

I know fuck all about tuning and the cost of the mentioned parts but i can see it being well worth it for someone to hire a flatbed and make the Liner dissapear.

I'd put good money on it returning in one way or another.
Pete_vxl

18th Mar 08 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe go round the local bodyshops? or atleast ask if they have seen anything or if anyone has offered them cheap parts?
Nismo

18th Mar 08 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to here this, hope summit comes up.
Colin

18th Mar 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a R32 today, same colour as yours, didnt catch the plate as it was more or less side on, but it had small wheels, like standard ones (too small for the brakes on yours?) no stickers, didnt see the front but looked to have no cage either.

I was gonna whip the car round & follow it
Twiggy

18th Mar 08 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fee

2 brand new wheels arrived today to add insult

When i had my bike nicked i had some handle bars deliverd the day after so i kind of know what you mean but its 200000 times worse
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

19th Mar 08 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit, really sorry to hear about this. I hate hearing about stuff like this but when its something that you've both built and worked hard for and its been taken away for no reason is truly gutting.

Hope it turns up
AK

19th Mar 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally got a call back....

CCTV has been requested, they have a suspicion who it is, but need evidence.... Said they are very keen to get this particular car found....

Then joked saying he hoped it wasnt going to used in the process of another crime. Didnt think the Traffic cars would be able to cope haha

Not much really, but at least he's reassured me that the police are actually people and not just a receptionist
Fee

19th Mar 08 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh my god how frustrating
do they realise I need it in two weeks?!?!!?
tell them to go and get it
Colin

19th Mar 08 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least its something!
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Mar 08 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found THIS on pistonheads, probably nothing like what you had(havnt a clue about anything to do with skylines but thought i would post it anyway as you never know.

[Edited on 19-03-2008 by red_top]
Pete_vxl

19th Mar 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think their car was totally stripped out... not sure though but thats a good find
Colin

19th Mar 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by red_top
Just found THIS on pistonheads, probably nothing like what you had(havnt a clue about anything to do with skylines but thought i would post it anyway as you never know.

[Edited on 19-03-2008 by red_top]

Seems to have alot of standard parts all available at once, advarts 2 days old, local to Glagow. Probably be nothing but worth checking out?
Colin

19th Mar 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

~Although stuff like lights, seats, fuel tank would suggest hes just stripping a damaged one.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » G19 GTR STOLEN - TIME ATTACK CAR - EDINBURGH - NOW FOUND 22 database queries in 0.3096368 seconds