corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting rev counter clocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting rev counter clocks
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 08 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 1.0 merit which didnt come with a rev counter as standard. So i've just purchased a set of 1.0 12v clocks with a rev counter to put in it.

Is it as simple as just swapping them over or is more work involved with the wiring?

Cheers
12vMatt

10th Mar 08 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just swap em over mate, its dead simple. took me about 20 minutes and that included looking for the screws i dropped
carnuts

10th Mar 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as you got the pea green wire there then it will be fine it not things become a bit more difficult
ali_corsa

10th Mar 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its easy shaun to get youre clocks out, ive took mine out about 4 times and got them in and out in 10 minutes
mattk

10th Mar 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Straight swap, there is one big plug at the back, you will see what I mean when you remove the old ones

It really is a peice of piss mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Mar 08 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Straight swap, there is one big plug at the back, you will see what I mean when you remove the old ones

It really is a peice of piss mate

Was just looking at the back of the new ones and I see what you mean mate. Fingers crossed they work

Cheers everyone
Ste L

10th Mar 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your gonna have to use 12v clock's though, as the rev count from a 4pot, wont work correctly with a 3pot iirc

[Edited on 10-03-2008 by Ste L]
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Mar 08 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
your gonna have to use 12v clock's though, as the rev count from a 4pot, wont work correctly with a 3pot iirc

My new clocks are out of a 12v buddy so no problems there

New Poll