corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » project 1.0 sting : )

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author project 1.0 sting : )
antoni

User status: Offline
11th Jan 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well here is my frist car, a 1997 arden blue 1.0 sting (can you say slooowwwww)

any way as it was my first car i kinda wen the typical boy racer style, whacked 2 cheapo subs in the boot, neon gear knob, tinted rear lights etc but i have now seen the error of my ways especially after lookin at this site for the past few weeks.

here she is as it stands today

i dont really know what my plans are going to be but i am going to have a bash at stripping the interior out today and see how it looks and then maybe create a false floor to hide a subtle install.

as a quick note does anyone know why my rear end is lower then the front all springs look stock, no damage etc yet it is noticably different in height

antoni
Adam C
Premium Member

11th Jan 08 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks like a good first car and a very nice colour, I know what you mean about 1.0 stings, they are slow
My suspension was the same when it was standard, rear end was always lower.

You got any plan's for it?

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Roffo

11th Jan 08 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats how the littler engines sit as they are lighter up front iirc.

as green thing said.... any plans, maybe de-strip and sticker. and is the bonnet a different colour?

[Edited on 11-01-2008 by black_n_Chrome]
paul.mitchell1984

11th Jan 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as mine
flybikeslee

11th Jan 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by black_n_Chrome

as green thing said.... any plans, maybe de-strip and sticker. and is the bonnet a different colour?

littler try smaller
Ben G

11th Jan 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a good bade to work with.

get the exhaust tip off, the weird looking police style lights in the grille and swap the dtm mirrors for standards.

then lower it 60mm which will be a good start
antoni

11th Jan 08 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i think i have come up with a game plan, euro on the outside and stripped out interio with bucket seats and harnesses up front with a small install hidden with a false floor for the back part. always loved the smooth and clean look but always loved a bangin' install aswell so will have to try and fit them in together

my plan this weekend is to remove the funky lights on grill, fit a slatted one, remove the stickers and bumstrips and possibly have a go at painting the dtm mirrors the same colour as the body

i will be receiving a cheque soon for about a grand and ime hoping to get most of my work on the car done with this, smoothed + colour coded bumpers, bucket seats etc

exhaust tip was a present of mum for christmas so removing may bring some un needed attention

antoni
Roffo

11th Jan 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
quote:
Originally posted by black_n_Chrome

littler try smaller

sorry 'smaller'.... dorset language coming out..

James_H

11th Jan 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey same car as mine!!
antoni

11th Jan 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to be quite a popular car around were i live aswell, i thought i had something a bit different but day i passed my test an exact same car was parked opposite my house, p reg aswell ha ha

just bought the subframes for cobra seats btw hopefully a good update soon

antoni
antoni

20th Jan 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well progress has been a little slow as i was in 2 minds wether to sell it and buy a mini or not but now i have deicded to keep the little 1.0 as i want to go to pvs this as it will be my first ever car show

the next problem i have is that last week i was involved in a incident where another driver cut the corner didnt see me and basicaly crunched the front n/s wing, crumpling the bonnet and leaving a nice hole in the bumper, but heres the best part the driver automaticaly called the police and started ranting on how I crashed in to him, what a fucking liberty. so now direct line ( my insures) have taken my insurancce cost from £850 to £2850 !!!! £2850. needless to say we have no enrolled a solicitor but ime now paying over 200quid a month which isnt good

and becuase of this my mods to car from now on cant be performance mods as it will seriousley increase the insurance so body mods only.

my plans are now

depo/angel eye headlights
steinmetz grill
gm rear spoiler/wing
colour code bumpers, arches and wingmirrors
vaux cesaro's or cav alloys

and it should be about right ther i thinck

antoni
antoni

3rd Feb 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of an update

was payday last week and thus i went to town on buying cleaning/detailing products for the car, i now have a room full of meguirs and autoglym bottles

so today as i was bored i thought why not so i washed clay bared, polished, waxed and back to blacked my bumpers and this is how it has come out

anyone who knows me will testify that i clean the car ALOT st least once a week and still the clay bar turned out like this

as you can see there is some blue on it from my paint, i found a small patch on the rear bumper where the clear coat is flaking off so ime goin to have to do something about that soon.

also got 40mm lowering springs upstairs and some custom corsasport vinyl to apply when i get a chance

antoni
16V_1600

3rd Feb 08 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
looks a good base to work with.

get the exhaust tip off, the weird looking police style lights in the grille and swap the dtm mirrors for standards.

then lower it 60mm which will be a good start

my thoughts exactly

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by 16V_1600CS]
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good lil project car. I wouldnt want to leave a brick under my wheel though

Might aswell leave thieving people the keys

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
antoni

3rd Feb 08 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bricks were under both front wheels as i had the back end in axle stands checks the rear drums.

the front lights and exhaust tip are now removed aswell, just never got around to removing them

i really would like to drop it 60mm but insurance are badgers and will only let me 40mm and anything above they start wanting silly money. i have the 40mm springs allready so i think i will have a bash at fitting them this weekend comming

also need to get rid of the 17's asap as they are complete badgers for turning with no power steering and they rub on the rear arches

antoni

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by kangaroojack]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » project 1.0 sting : ) 25 database queries in 0.0149469 seconds