corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Mates SWB Quattro - Build Thread

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Mates SWB Quattro - Build Thread
Matt L

User status: Offline
24th Jun 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it so
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removable rear spoiler to give a few different options...

Track spec:

Top speed/ drag spec:

He put studs into the spoiler to make it easier to remove and fit again:

A pic with all the panels and wheels on:

Then tried my new wheels on They have a little poke, perhaps time for some S1 arches!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
DaveyLC

25th Jun 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF are those wheels for? A stream roller? LOL!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
WTF are those wheels for? A stream roller? LOL!

Its an F1 wheel

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 Wheel fucking hell, I'd love to know how much he paid for them. Best progress thread in the history of the internet. You need to get this man on her so I can shake his e-hand.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
F1 Wheel fucking hell, I'd love to know how much he paid for them. Best progress thread in the history of the internet. You need to get this man on her so I can shake his e-hand.

x1 to be made into a table, think F1 wheels are far to scene for even the VAG crowd

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's even fucking cooler than having them on your car
Cole

25th Jun 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f1 wheel 2nd hand £100 at the festival of speed a couple of years back

[Edited on 25-06-2010 by Cole]
Tom

16th Jul 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more updates?
Ingham
Banned

16th Jul 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking F1 wheels? Legend.
sand-eel

16th Jul 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it you lined up the F1 wheel on for a laugh, as how would it ever fit an audi hub?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Jul 10 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamish has managed to get the shifter finished off:

Got the boot and spoiler all sorted. He had to cut down the spoiler studs as they fouled on the boot strut which was a bit of a pain in the arse. Replaced all the bolts, nuts, and washers with stainless.

He has bought a turbo for it which is coming next week hopefully. Also having a one off manifold made for it so will be building a jig for it soon. He is looking at getting a one piece propshaft made and finish up all the jobs on the underside.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamish had a nice little delivery today! The turbo turned up from America. Its a Garrett G35r modified by forced performance, so it has their billet compressor wheel in it to give quicker spool up and a little more power. It also has a tial V-band exhaust housing so no bolts to fix or remove the turbo.

Also got a small airfilter to go with it!

He can now get on an make up a jig for the exhaust manifold and get it underway.

Pete_vxl

28th Jul 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just insane. I hope young Hamish knows how to work a video camera when this is completed.

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by Pete_vxl]
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Aug 10 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any updates, I need my fix
Tom

2nd Sep 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has gone quiet it's the only thing I look for when I come in Projects!
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know a guy who uses F1 front tyres on the rear of his motorbike
chunky_nb

3rd Sep 10 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
This has gone quiet it's the only thing I look for when I come in Projects!

What he said! lol
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's doing some work on a mk1 Golf at the moment for someone else, new rear panel, arches, and roof hence this is a bit quiet, that and fact all bits required are now mega money!

I will update as and when he does!

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamish has not touched this for a month as he's been working on a mk1 golf for a mate, thats now done, so getting back onto it soon.

He has picked up a couple of parts in the mean time though:

Had a one piece propshaft made which is obviously 320mm shorter. Went for larger diameter tubing to make up for the increased length of the single tube. So hopefully it will be upto the task, to be sure he's had a spare done as it would be annoying to go away and have it break with no spare!

The next part of the puzzle was the exhaust manifold. He made up a jig to get the turbo where he wanted it and then sent it to a company called 'Nortech' from Doncaster.

Picked the finished item up yesterday and its a work of art! CNC milled head flange, and collector. V-band outlet for the turbo and wastegate. All tig welded by hand.

Just enough clearance when bolted on!

So finally the turbo could be fitted

He also had Nortech make him some oval tubing to keep a bit of ground clearance when running it low.

The oval was rolled from a flat sheet then welded down the one seam rather than splitting normal round tube and widening it. So the tube is now just 2.5" deep which means he can gain and inch of ground clearance over the 3.5" round tube. Also picked up a load of other bits to make the exhaust.

So the plan is to crack on with the exhaust and intercooler tubing so it cant be taken over to nortech for welding. That will finish up the underside of the car so it can be brought back onto its wheels to be finished off.

DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, no other word for it.
Jamie_Hastings1

19th Sep 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely touch the oval pipework. Something that should be done more often.
Rick Draper

19th Sep 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jays work is proper fucking wanger.
ianofbhills

19th Sep 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tig welding on that manifold looks superb however there doesnt seem to be much clearance from manifold to wing.

Is that gap going to be enough when the engine is running, i realise the engine mounts will be solid but that photo makes the clearance look small.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That manifold is superb

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Mates SWB Quattro - Build Thread 24 database queries in 0.2011909 seconds