corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox 360 + Forza 2... impressions...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox 360 + Forza 2... impressions...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
1st Nov 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my Xbox 360 Premium turned up today from Aj! off here. Thanks mate!

After a slight hick up... where I didn't have the video cable in fully, which caused all 4 red lights to light up on the front... Then having to figure out to switch the cable to TV rather than HD TV - I was up and running...

Xbox 360 seems a bit plasticy... like quite poor build quality, my Ps2 felt solid as a rock, this feels like it'll break if I blow on it. Plus it's NOISY as fuck!

Couple of questions to the masses... Firstly... - What do I do if I do get the 4 red lights of death? any sorta tricks / things to check first that it may be. I'm doing a Computer Science degree / been working in I.T. So could happily take it apart and look for anything loose if that would help?

How long do the batteries in the wireless controller last?

Secondly, what's all this Xbox Live shizzle about? and how do I get online with it?

Forza 2... Not really played much. My initial reaction was, this is pretty boring / not that realistic... but now I'm getting into the career a bit, it's a bit more fun.

I started out on 'Champion' mode difficulty. Was that a dumb idea? Seemed quite hard to beat the opponents at first, but after slapping a diff and a ARB on my car, I'm kicking all their arses with ease.

Any way I can get music to play while I'm racing? There's music in menu's but not while racing? - Also can I get a meter showing how much pressure I'm pressing on accel / brake like in GT4, as I keep over braking and without ABS (champion mode) it's just locking the wheels up like a cunt.

Quite strange using the back buttons for accel / brake and the buttons on the right for gear change... as on my PS2 I use back buttons to change gear and the buttons on the right for accel / brake... 1st time I drove it, I accidently down shifted twice and blew the engine, when I hit 'what I thought was accelerate' but was actually downshift.

Hmm... guess I'll play some more.
Cosmo

1st Nov 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I'm doing a Computer Science degree / been working in I.T. So could happily take it apart and look for anything loose if that would help?

You'll be needing your warranty so I wouldnt do that.
Paul_J

1st Nov 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeh... also do you get penalised, for restarting a race... like you race, your losing / crash so you just hit restart??

and do you lose out by playing the same races again... i.e. I went back to the first couple of races again, won more credits... is this gonna make it harder for me later on as I'll be at a higher level than I should be?
Jake

1st Nov 07 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you just play the game and find out?
Nic Barnes

all jokes aside, you should have got a ps3
James

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
all jokes aside, you should have got a ps3
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 07 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you turn all assists off for realism, and you need that goddam steering wheel.

as for music just start playing sometehing on your 360 under media in the 360's menus and then load the game, the music will keep playing, there may be a better way of doing it, but thats what i do
Paul_J

1st Nov 07 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd of got a ps3, if there were any decent games on it that I actually wanted to play... but there arn't.

I'm already enjoying Forza 2 more than GT4! ... Physics are definately better... Now I've got a slightly setup car it's actually handling pretty well... it's FWD, and I nearly lost it due to lift off oversteer a sec ago on a fast bend... which was cool. GT4 sucked with the FWD cars... excessively understeering everywhere.

Not had a chance to play with RWD yet.

Steve I've got all assists off... It's on Champion difficulty mode - so it's switched the lot off, including the ABS that I could do with hah.

Liking a few of the nice touches in this, the tuning seems better, and it was interesting to be offered a whole brand of tyre makes when I put some race tyres on haha... So far I'm quite impressed!

Only thing so far I'm not liking with forza 2 is the scenery is a bit bland / samey... like each track looks quite a like.

GT5 will just be GT4 with fancier graphics and a couple more cars.
Nic Barnes

1st Nov 07 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yet gt4 was still the greatest racing game ever made. so gt5 will take over from that.

wonder when it gets released would you want a proper games console? and buy a ps3........
Bram

1st Nov 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a HerDer-LuCuDa-TuVvvve to reap the benefits of a 360 in my view.

To get your music playing press the XBox button at any time and select my music to start playing music from your HDD/Ipod/PC.

Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 07 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rwd is a whole new ball game as is 4wd, get a turbo slapped on stiffen up the suspension, watch it skitter round the bends

youl love nurburgring on it

they measured using gps the entire inner and outer lengths of every track so its pretty much metre perfect

[Edited on 01-11-2007 by Steve]
Paul_J

1st Nov 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha just went around nurburgring in a integra type R ... surprisingly (considering I was in a game and going flat out) - I only just beat my real life B to G time..

Though in real life I had a fucked gear box and no rear ARB shocking.

Steve you got Msn?

I'm loving this game so far... Seems a bit easy to win credits and I'm playing on the hardest difficulty... (which I think is winning me even more credits!)...

At the moment don't want to waste money on the cars I've won... tempted to buy a elise or something to tune up ... this a good / bad move?
Paul_J

1st Nov 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bram
You need a HerDer-LuCuDa-TuVvvve to reap the benefits of a 360 in my view.

To get your music playing press the XBox button at any time and select my music to start playing music from your HDD/Ipod/PC.

You can hook your Ipod to it??? haha I'm gonna try that now!
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 07 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the elise is ace i had a turbo'ed elise was ace

credits are easy to win

msn is steve@stevejwilliams.co.uk
Kurt

1st Nov 07 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got an fc rx7 that i set up for drifting with a t'internet guide i found, thats pretty fun!

steve is your gamertag cupra steve?
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 07 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cuprasteve
andy1868

2nd Nov 07 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forza is an ace game, i simply love it to bits.
dave17

2nd Nov 07 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cracked this out again the other day, TOP GAME
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 07 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the review. Only owned one for over a year
Ash_EP3

2nd Nov 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forza 2 is a very nice game mate, although PGR4 is out now and maybe worth a go? Do very much love racing games and the ability to do soo much to the cars and stuff (& obviously all the benefits of not having to worry about tax, insurance etc )

I have the re-chargeable battery packs on my wireless controllers (pretty good only takes 2 hours to charge and then they last for "24" hours supposedly)

Get Bioshock + Halo 3 mate awesome games IMO

Def wouldn't take it apart, yea they are noisy but when you're in the "zone" you won't be concentrating on that!

[Edited on 02-11-2007 by S214_UPP]
Ash_EP3

2nd Nov 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
tempted to buy a elise or something to tune up ... this a good / bad move?

Depending on what you do... the handling will be pretty good (for a road car) I completely tuned up an exige and the handling diff between that and a phat arsed american car is un-real!
dave17

2nd Nov 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a tuned up elise is awesome, can throw it round the track and has predictable handling.

ive got the rechargable batteries too, plug them into a hug thats connected to the mains, charges in no-time and lasts forever.

u need bioshock next, or gears of war - 2 of the top games ive ever played
Paul_J

2nd Nov 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. Question... how do I get tv style replays??? when I do replay it's just normal camera views on my car.

I feel this game would benefit from a wheel, as it's had without pedals to be feeding in the throttle gently... I keep nailing it and having my car crab down the road sideways.
Ash_EP3

2nd Nov 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol - you mean how do you change the camera type/angle?
Paul_J

2nd Nov 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well in replay, I can just view on board, exterior following or just spin it around using free look...

When replaying I want a tv style replay, like (A GT 4 does) and B ) like they have in the background of the menu

I also think i found out why my car is crabbing along the road lol... I set the diff essentially to locked... so both wheels lock / spin together... which means when I gas it... both spin and no traction on the rear = sideways...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll